1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Didn't Ruth Bader Ginsburg drink to the point of "blacking out" -- as an active SC justice, no less? And if I remember correctly, she apparently admitted to doing this on several other occasions.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Commodore in full court tweet press.

Ignoring the letter of thousands of legal scholars on this delusional partisan temperament being anywhere near any court.

Le sigh.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Were you replying to judge Kavanaugh?

KingCheetah and arkoe like this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Can we get the vote over with? The whining from both sides is old.

B-Bob, arkoe and body slam like this.
  5. Granville

Granville Member

So where are you on Dr Fords’s allegations?

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I love this, "we accused you of being a gang rapist, u mad?" narrative

He has a 12 year history on the bench demonstrating a fine temperament in a professional capacity.

cml750 likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which isn't a problem. Nobody is saying it would be a problem for Kavanaugh unless while drinking that much he sexually assaulted girls.

So glad that RBG is honest enough to admit it. Which brings us to the problem with Kavanaugh. He lied under oath. Why would he lie about it? What is he hiding?

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A class act, as usual.

Hey, toilet paper, you've got a some sh-t stuck to you!

[​IMG]

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I didn't realize Ford never handed over the supposed evidence for her accusation (therapist notes, polygraph; if that can even be called evidence)

That's a dead giveaway (no accuser/prosecutor withholds inculpatory evidence), should have ended this farce right then.

Granville, Bobbythegreat and cml750 like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was because at the time of her hearing Republicans refused to admit that stuff as evidence. They wanted to admit some of that and also have the polygraph expert who gave her the polygraph testify. Republicans refused to look at any of that.

justtxyank and mdrowe00 like this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I concur. Ready for the vote, even if that means Kavanaugh wins. Partly I'm tired of the debate. Mostly, it seems like this has been a pretty excruciating time for a lot of American women, reliving their own traumas and introspecting on gender power dynamics. That won't all go away when the Kavanaugh vote is behind us (there will initially be even more grief if he wins out) with #metoo and all that, but hopefully the distress levels come down a bit and people can get a little rest.

B-Bob and Nook like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I text him my thoughts so he is aware of how real Americans feel.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I really don't understand why Republicans don't just find some other extremely conservative ideologue to nominate. Lord knows they aren't hard to find.

This guy, in addition to the numerous skeleton looking objects currently falling out of his closet, is clearly an ill-tempered partisan unfit for most courts, let alone the most important one we have.

I guess this is all about posturing and bravado at this point, rather than actually governing. Gotta own the libs first, then do what is best for the country if it's convenient later.

If you believe this is all just a ruse meant to exert power, then I don't know what to tell you. None of the women who have come forward have benefited from it in any way. They will never live anything close to a normal life ever again. Coming forward about sexual assault is an insanely difficult thing to do, and doing so on the most public and high stakes stage ever is basically like turning the dial on yourself up to 11. Neil Gorsuch flew through the confirmation process. I guess Democrats just figured out this whole "lets round up a bunch of phony accusers and sic them after the nominee" thing in the last few months? None of this adds up unless you subscribe to an Alex Jones newsletter, at which point the brain worms you have are already terminal.

No Worries and KingCheetah like this.
  15. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

More accurately, the letter of 650 law professors who would almost all be lefties, decry Kavanaugh's partisan temperament; yet each and every one remained silent when RBG openly stated, "I can't imagine what this place would be — I can't imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president.” - during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Oh, and as far as temperament is concerned, let's see what Justice Sonia Sotomayor might have to say: “If you read some of our decisions, you know that we can be nasty to each other.”

16. Nook

Nook Member

I expected 51-53 votes.... the 51-49 vote to send it to a vote is interesting.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not entirely accurate. They wouldn't admit that stuff as evidence without her handing over the therapists' notes which would probably prove that Dr Ford perjured herself, and they didn't want to hand over all of the information with the polygraph probably because they didn't want other "experts" to have a look at the questions and results in order to poke holes in them.

So it's not that Republicans didn't want that information, it's that it was being withheld from them.

cml750 likes this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Withdrawing him would be defeat.

Trump and McConnell have issued Order 227: Not a step back!

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Isn't there a Republican senator who is unavailable for a Saturday vote? Seems weird to force it that day.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

During that period he ran up massive credit card debt and received a 1.2 million dollar home loan - who paid those debts? Very shady you wouldn't have problems like this with Judge Amy who seems to be above mysterious payoffs and drunken conspiracy theories.

Nook likes this.