1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

adoo, DonnyMost and B-Bob like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh, I misunderstood the tweets you quoted.
    I thought they were just general party lean, but it was specifically only about Kav-bro and Ford?

4. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

That’s pretty crazy if the legal opinions he provides as a judge will be influenced by the hearings and call controversy around his nomination. Let us all hope there’s no connection or political pressures affecting his performance.

Excessive public scrutiny is par for the course regardless of party. It’s the way sadly our society has “evolved”.

Nice visual with the goalposts - pretty funny!

Glad this is all over even though I didn’t personally support or like Kavanaugh. The show must go on and there just wasn’t enough evidence to prove fords claim. We will never know what really happened.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The party suffers from ancient leadership in key roles. Pelosi should have been replaced in the leadership long ago. Schumer is OK in comparison over in the Senate, but he's got the charisma of a turnip and hasn't been terribly effective in an opposition role. There are reforms going on now in how the primaries and conventions are run. That's not what's really gotten you upset, however, not in my opinion. You've changed. You have to ask yourself, why? And are you OK with the consequences of supporting a political party that has gone to the lengths the GOP has gone to in order to get Gorsuch and Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court? If you're OK with the actions of the Republican Party in getting those two nominations through, I simply don't know what to tell you. You are lost, and I can't give you the direction you need. It's not my problem. It belongs to you. Good luck. I hope you find your way.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And that is the 3rd conservative poster here that thinks it's alright if Kavanaugh rules with revenge in mind...yeah, that would be pretty crazy.

Seems some people have really low standards for what it takes to be on the Supreme Court of the United States.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

RGB said she would leave the country if Trump won. Nobody is questioning her integrity.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ginsberg oversaw 4 separate GOP presidential candidates during her tenure and has never made such a statement until Trump.

Her statement wasn't from a position of partisanship but rather from a position of fear of having someone with zero individual merit, zero shame, an edgelord who purposefully says controversial things because it riles up a certain segment of the population, a realo TV star and someone who doesn't even understand the difference between life and health insurance managing the world's largest bureaucracy and commanding the world's most powerful military .

9. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Even after taking a close look, I still can't understand why conservatives were consumed with rage over Benghazi, or any of the other reasons that you guys are triggered by every little thing Hillary Clinton does.

But one thing that is very clear to me is that your rage towards HRC is very real. Events in Benghazi genuinely enraged you, even if I didn't get it. The built up wellspring of animus towards Ms. Clinton is the reason I thought she was a terrible candidate for the Democrats from the start, and I think most of them were blindsided by the vitriolic nature of objections to her as President.

I've seen plenty of of conservatives, including here, who think the entire thing with Kavanaugh is entirely contrived and it is obvious to you as well as everybody else that the whole situation is a manifestation of rage and helplessness over potential limits being placed on Roe v. Wade. In your view, nobody really believes that there is anything there and it's clear that all the accusers are lying, even if liberals won't admit it for the sake of how it looks. Presumably, in this scenario, as soon as Kavanaugh gets the position, all this faux outrage no longer serves a purpose and will evaporate.

People often see the exact same evidence very differently. I honestly understand that you guys believe Kavanaugh is Richard Kimble, and the one armed man is out in the hall. I think you guys are going to be blindsided when it turns out a major chunk of the population actually believes what they've been saying and continues to think that conservatives have put a poor human being on the court.

AB and KingCheetah like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

But he is nonpartisan...

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If this is the hill the democrats want to die on they're ****ing idiots. This is why they turn so many people away.

Astrodome, mick fry and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Did I miss it? I didn’t see the part where he had multiple women accuse him of sexual assault.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, if Democrats want to defend women who have been sexually assaulted, and speak out against people lying under oath who nominated for the supreme court, they are idiots. What kind of stupid ideas are those? Dumb-ass Democrats.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, that was the Bill Clinton president

cml750 and TheresTheDagger like this.
  15. biina

biina Member

Such losses are non-existent as I dont see anybody denied due process nor someone convicted without being proven guilty in a court of law,

People will always make up their own opinion given the information available to them - it is simply human nature. This basic fact manifests in the judicial process when you often dont see unanimous jury verdicts, despite jurors having the same set of data. If that is a loss of due process, then the entire judicial process was a farce to begin with.

In fact, the closest we have come to losing due process and the premise of 'innocent until proven guilty' is Trump and his supporters shouting 'lock her up' like if Hilary had been charged and found guilty of a crime. Amusingly, I doubt you have ever defended Hilary from the 'verdicts' pronounced on her by the hypocritical conservatives.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And in modern times, donald trump...

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Take a man’s word for it that lived it and I wish he did have Obama and Hillary in front of him for just 5 minutes alone no holds barred. Your honest Obama exposed!

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They pretty much take no stands. The republican party shut the government down to get their way and they didn't see any ill effects. Its time the democrats were willing to fight for something.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

She was not sexually assaulted. At least not by this man. Her testimony was full of holes and a complete farce. And she perjured herself. She's a tool for the Democrats. And it didn't work.

20. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Just completely didnt understand, huh?.