1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Isaiah Hartenstein "seems to have a decisive lead" over Zhou and Chriss as the backup C

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 27, 2018.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

I've seen enough. Hartenstein has retaken the lead, decisively!

Chanmarr likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Whoever catches Harden lobs will get the next max contract.

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Hartenstein has played with more heart in one half of preseason than Chriss has played his entire life.

Chanmarr, kevtse and ktbballplaya like this.
  4. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Isaiah Hart-n-hustlestein :)

Chanmarr likes this.
  5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I-Hart Radio is beasting tonight! Looks like a tough, smart player.

GOOD DAY

Chamillionaire and Game7 like this.
  6. Game7

Game7 Member

Isaiah still struggles with catching passes. Needs to play with cp3 more. He will learn.
    Chriss is playing with aggression and it shows...because he misses some easy opportunities, but I like the passion.
    They are both so young. I still think I see this Isaiah vs Chriss thing as a toss up with Joe Cheese in a distant 3rd.

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Its only one game so I don't want to put too much stock in it and overreact. But for this one game Hartenstein vs Chriss:

This was Hartenstein's first NBA game and he played like his life depended on it, and showed exactly the hunger, heart and intangibles that forces your way onto a rotation, even at 20 years old on a championship squad. It is crazy that a 20 year old rookie that has never played in the NBA could raise the energy level of HOFers like Harden and CP, who were visibly hyped by his hustle.

Similarly, it is crazy how all it takes is one player to make even HOFers look bad, when you don't know how to set a proper screen or catch a pass.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

basketballholic could be a 99er, and Tinman still wouldn't back him up.

The guy just does not understand basketball.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

NEVER has a thread title been more accurate.

BigggReddd likes this.
  10. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Isaiah following in Clint's footsteps and demanding an NBA contract the moment we drafted him showed his confidence in his skills and work ethic, he refused to be a euro stash and "wait until he was ready" (DMO) or stay overseas to dominate limited competition, turning down the much for difficult and lucrative NBA for a safe euro career (Gentile, Luul).

He, like Capela sought to prove themselves on the biggest stage against the best competition, and no all-star starting C would get in their way, and that determination showed itself tonight, he was our youngest player (and it showed), but he refused to play like a stereotypical soft euro big. I'd argue he's much further along than Capela was at the same age in terms of both skills and physical development. While I doubt he ever surpasses Clint, he simply lacks the length and athleticism, we should be impressed with how he's come along.

#90 Swiss Roll, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Him and Chriss both appear to have terrible hands. I don’t see any reason to be excited in either yet.
    Not being negative, don’t think our success is going to rely on either of them.

Game7 likes this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

He has a good pedigree. When you come from a basketball family, the love of the game is ingrained in you. He's out here playing like basketball is his passion and it shows. No way he can sustain effort like that 20 min a game for a whole season, I think it was just first game energy, but it is good to see he had that kind of heart in him. Also I knew he wasn't your typical soft euro, he is part black actually(not that he can't still be soft), he is going to throw his body around. Hoping he develops some Steven Adams/Bogut/Zaza. (I know those are hated names, but effective)

13. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Black as in Jason Kidd where every white facial feature expressed itself or is he black as Elizabeth Warren is native american (1/16-1/32)?

14. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

His dad is of mixed ancestry and his mom is white, so definitely a multicultural background

amaru likes this.
  15. payaso

payaso Member

I wish to the Basketball GAWD that those boys develop suckers on their soles; without that, they will kill any PnR situation they find themselves in and we saw that on clear display tonight- whistle, ball heads the other way.
    Heads up to I-Hart Basketball... let it grow in for a while; the Gestapo hairdo is a bad look.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

I def dont Chriss to play over him. I think he needs to get more minutes and Chriss.......good luck lol.

17. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Saw pictures of his dad, looks like his grandmother or great-grandparent was black, seeing how his father has white facial features with darkish skin, which seems to be common when its a white father and black mother, and vice versa. Also the fact that the surname "Hartenstein" isn't very common amongst black americans or black africans to my knowledge

If I can't tell at first glance that someone is mixed, then they aren't IMO.

Interesting piece of trivia nonetheless.

18. esketit

esketit Member

does tinman know basketball?

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

His grandfather is African American.

20. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Well, I'll be Damned :eek::eek::eek:

Roomba likes this.