1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yet even republicans won't cancel obamacare. Healthcare is one thing that both sides should agree on. The current private system doesn't work where even if you have insurance you might bankrupt because of things like balanced billing.

Its like people vote against their own self interest.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I completely agree with you.

There needs to be super majority..... if you go back and look at past confirmation votes, you can see that there are candidates that can be approved by a large majority and rather quickly.... but that isn't 2018 and I don't see it changing.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I got to give credit to McConnell. It looked like Trump had no chance to win, but he delayed and won. McConnell got his agenda passed.

Nook likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Jamming through purely partisan political agendas do too. See the Trump tax bill aka GOP donor relief package. How did that age?

The Republican Party will be living with the stink of Kavanaugh for decades.

I’m sure in 6 months when Roe is partially overturned the news will be all about “how dare the Dems hold out a sexual assault claim on a nominee till the hearings”.

Give me a break dude. I said it weeks ago. You guys could have already had another Gorsuch confirmed but you and your Troll King know nothing but “owning the libs” so you just couldn’t stomach turning down a fight to “own the libs” by sticking with a judge who will forever stain your party.

You were going to get a hard right judge either way. If you really want Kavanaugh above any other hard right federalist judge, more power to you. He will be your problem to deal with for decades.

But you want to own libs on the internet to get your rocks off. Have at it. Enjoy Kavanaugh!!

Invisible Fan and JayGoogle like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well fine, then leave it at that. I disagree that things have been good but that's another topic for another thread.

Don't act like there's no reason to criticize the man or that people that criticize him have no reason to do so.

Out of respect for this thread remaining about the SCOTUS and Kennedy's replacement i'm dropping the subject of Trump-Obama.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

If there was an actual credible "question" (as Axlerod put it) that had any hint of confirmation, Kavanaugh would never see the bench. Since all we have seen is baseless accusations with much more exculpatory evidence for Kavanaugh, it is time to confirm Kavanaugh. If the left doesn't want him confirmed then they should bring forth credible evidence or shut the **** up.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The left has pointed out his dishonesty and lies while under oath. That is not only credible it is confirmed. The problem is that Republicans are okay with that.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

If the right was honestly looking to receive credible evidence they would have not limited the FBI in what they investigated, who they spoke with, and how much time they took to.

So instead, the seat is tainted... and the tainted seat joins the existing conservative majority, the entire court is now open to question.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Just remember.... Hitler, Stalin, Trotsky and Freud all lived in the same town and within 5 miles of each other at the same time...... and each one of them were convinced that they knew what was best and what was right.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

Bullcrap. The left live in this little dream world pushed by their echo chambers. Take a break from the news and twitter and for once try to think logically for yourself. If anything would have come up in ANY of the interviews conducted by the FBI, they had the authority to go as far as needed. The interviews provided no new information so there was no need to go farther. I know the left would like them to interview all 300+ million people in this country to find ANY credible dirt on Kavanaugh but that would be utterly ridiculous and would only achieve the lefts goal of stalling as long as possible.

mick fry likes this.
  13. mick fry

mick fry Member

And then there’s Hollywood. :D

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Actually, they did limit the investigation. They didn't interview the victim (Ford).. They also didn't interview Swetnick. They didn't interview Ramirez. They didn't interview James Roche, kavanaugh's Yale roommate. And, they didn't interview kavanaugh. Instead, some reports say the FBI interview ten people, while the WaPo could only confirm six interviews. But its clear the FBI didn't interview the five key people.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Go figure the left is still not happy. Who woulda thunk it?

cml750 likes this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow, what one bomb could have saved the world, eh?

Meanwhile, i wonder if Sasse will try to primary Two Scoops. God, I hope so, in the name of all that is decent in America.

From last night:

During an emotional speech on the Senate floor late Wednesday night before Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell filed a motion for a cloture vote to jump start the final confirmation process, Sasse said Mr. Trump "cannot lead us through this time."

"We know that he's dispositionally unable to restrain his impulse to divide us," he said. Sasse called the president's public criticism of Ford during a campaign rally "wrong," adding that it "doesn't really surprise anyone. It's who he is."

He also said that he told the president in June to select a different nominee to the high court.

"I urged him to nominate a different individual. I urged the president to nominate a woman. Part of my argument then was that the very important me-too movement was also very new and this Senate is not at all well prepared to handle allegations of sexual harassment or assault that might come forward. This was absent knowing a particular nominee," explained Sasse.

---

And... so the FBI investigated the alleged assault by... not talking with the alleged victim. Interesting technique, Cotton -- we'll see how that works out for them.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Is there a story behind this? Sounds like a podcast episode

I dump on Church groups here for their cowardice and persecution complex, but at least they're trying with this.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There was never any doubt that the left would move the goalposts once they got the FBI background check they were howling for. I mean, everyone with a brain knew that it wasn't going to show anything and that's why you don't waste time "investigating" baseless allegations. There's simply nothing to investigate. Of course that doesn't mean that some people haven't made up their minds already that Kavanaugh is guilty.

BruceAndre and cml750 like this.