1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kennedy to retire - USSC will swing even further right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I am assuming that they don't want the FBI to ask her questions about it. Same reason she didn't give it to the SJC.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why this is a problem

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/christine-blasey-ford-therapy-notes/

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I imagine you'd prefer a conspiratorial answer, or better yet, just an ominously asked question left hanging with no answer, but the answer to me is obvious. Not sure if you've been paying attention, but for the past several days she's been pissed that the FBI isn't planning to interview her and has been very publicly trying to get them to do so. The public "shame the FBI" campaign didn't work, so that is the only other lever she has at her disposal. You want this evidence so you can say you did a thorough investigation with a semi-straight face? Come talk to me, as I've been asking and I'll give it to you.

She thinks they are blowing her off, despite being the very reason the investigation is happening at all, and it's the only thing she has that she knows that the FBI wants and that she can use to get them to interview her.

I didn't have to think about why at all.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This is so dumb. So why didnt she hand it over at the start of the FBI investigation she wanted? So why didnt she hand it over to the SJC?

Typical sexual assault victim behavior is to withhold evidence that attempts to validate parts of your story until investigators investigate how you want......

#3904 tallanvor, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  5. Nook

Nook Member

We don’t usually turn it over unless there is a court order to do so. The basis is usually so that the deposition or interview goes first. I am surprised they are turning it over at all. They must somewhat believe they can still influence the vote by the senate... no reason to turn it over otherwise.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Right I know...

I remember the “she will never testify” BS for days and then the “she is just stalling” BS.

She testified, she has cooperated with the FBI. She obviously takes it serious.

She doesn’t even have to turn the documents over at all.

Was it a game when the Republicans dumped thousands of pages of documents in the Democrats laps the night before his hearing? Was it playing games when Trump withheld thousands of pages of emails?

I’m this case it isn’t even political, it is her attorney being smart and representing her client. You get the documents after the FBI interview.

Os Trigonum and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think she'd ever turn over a complete copy of her therapists' notes without redaction because they would likely show that she perjured herself when talking about why she was in therapy to begin with. Also, they show her telling several different versions of her story so it's not like they help her in any way.

8. Nook

Nook Member

It isn’t a problem. There is nothing that says they cannot interview her a second time if they so wish. Her attorney would be doing a disservice to her to turn over the documents before her interview. It also insures that he is in fact interviewed.

9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Could easily have been consensual, and the activities that followed.

10. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Hear, hear.

11. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Rather uncharitable, I would say. Yes that's mostly me, disparaging characterizations aside. And any man that has not yet been "red pilled"....I don't know how a person can see this Kavanaugh thing and not see that perspective. That, and a lot of other things. And I'm hardly tragic.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Now, this a decent response. I don't deny that any and all of that happens, with actual assault/rape cases.

I would still assert that if one wants justice, one needs to pursue it in the proper legal/judicial realm. If that is beyond the emotional capability of any person, then they are not ready for adulthood, and they should not be engaging in activities that adults do.

Too many of these alleged or real incidents start with "well, I was at a party and I started drinking, then I went up to the room with someone...." There is a real lack of responsibility going on with one or both parties to the "crime." And so, a lot of these situations are very grey.

14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Unfortunately, it's because they cannot defeat him on those grounds. So they turned to the smear campaign.

I wish the Kavanaugh opponents would just admit that this is about abortion rights (you hear this a little, but not very much). At least that would be honest. But again, they fear that this is not a winning argument, politically.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  15. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

And Trump is spot on when he says this issue "is bigger than even the Supreme Court." I definitely applaud how he has been handling this.

John Oliver likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

more changing winds

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com...ell-that-the-battle-to-stop-kavanaugh-is-over

more at the link

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My question is why does he feel the need to LIE UNDER OATH TODAY about what he did in high school and college.

18. Nook

Nook Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

7E67E830-D9DE-4871-B195-2A50BB39D677.jpeg

Logic of a few CFers. Namely a few that strangely like to beat off to sub machine guns.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

what did he lie about?