1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Carter Williams/James Ennis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Oct 2, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What does this even mean.
    • "He is the son of Mandy and Zach Zegarowski and Earl and Rosa Williams" -- from his Syracuse bio.
    • "Carter-Williams is the son of Earl Williams and Mandy Zegarowski (née Carter) and step-son of Zach Zegarowski and Rosa Williams" -- from Wikipedia
    Some weird "French" foursome?

hakeem94 and Lawlruschang like this.
  2. Rocket85

Rocket85 Member

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nah, wolverine is no one's backup.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You act like this dude is old. What do you mean become a very different player? He played his style of basketball tonight.

BigMaloe, Lawlruschang and Chanmarr like this.
  5. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

MChriss was playing on an inexperienced team, and maybe out of position. Now that he has HOF'ers telling him what to do and how to do it, he may be able to carve out a role at the 5 spot. he definitely has length & athleticism. Plenty-o-upside for sure.

dje243, dreamshakin, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You're over analyzing Ennis first preseason game with the Rockets. The refs were trigger happy tonight. Even Chris Paul had 5 freaking fouls. Lol

dje243, seclusion, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  7. kevcai

kevcai Member

I thought MCW had a really solid game. Going to be a great backup guard/wing player that can handle the rock a little bit but mostly is out there to play disruptive defense. His length, lack of shooting, and slashing kind of reminded me of a better version of Corey Brewer. Better handle, body control, and can play make a little than Brewer but probably less transition offense.

Ennis looked pretty solid too -- looked stronger and more athletic than I remember. Confident that he'll give us at least 75% of what Ariza brought to us with an upside of more transition offense.

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

But, is MCW seeing much burn once Knight is healthy!?

JVL713 likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

His name sounds like a French w****.

Nook likes this.
  10. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Stats aside, nothing is more important than flow and play during transition. I didn't get to watch the game, so maybe someone here can chime in. Who looked natural (amongst the newbies) ?

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If he can be an elite level wing defender then probably so

12. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

If he can become our "Livingston," I'd be all for it.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

[​IMG]

bmelo, Deckard, dreamshakin and 5 others like this.
  14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Watch the game and liked what I saw from both of these players considering where we are at in the season. I would like to see if MCW can shoot a 3, that would be key for him getting quality minutes. I liked the long 3 from Ennis. If they can maintain this defensive effort, it will help our 2nd unit dominate other teams 2nd units.

15. jcf

jcf Member

I know depth is important for injuries, but assuming health, how important do you think depth is in an MDA team?

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

MCW is closer to Andre Roberson than Livingston as far as how we want to use him. Obviously not as good defensively but still very good, always have been, that's why Rockets targeted him. He's equally as bad a shooter but better ball handler, driver, passer, but worse finisher. Rockets can use him in a similar role, attack closeouts and cut to the baskets.

Livingston lives on mid ranges and low key has been a poor overall player for a few years now. Only similarity is can't shoot the 3.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Maybe I didn't explain well enough.

I've been a big proponent of Ennis all offseasons. Have felt he will be an upgrade defensively and become a fan favorite.

But his only knock he has that I've been wary of, is his over reluctance to be handsy while defending and thus being slightly foul prone.

Yes, tonight the refs where on a whistle-thon. But overall I thought he did good and just felt he needs to learn that specific rule quik because it seemed a new rule they are targeting to enforce.

Htownballer38 and hakeem94 like this.
  18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Sounds like Morey wasn’t giving pure GM speak when he said he was most excited about the MCW signing a few weeks ago.

Deckard, hakeem94, BMoney and 3 others like this.
  19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

You know Bobby Sura is just what he is like.

MarioKissoDeath and studogg like this.
  20. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Happy that we replaced our Roster subtractions with athletic guys who have length...MCW, JE3, Chriss, and Bruno If/when they completely buy into the system, learn the switches, and build some confidence, they all can/will be very disruptive on defense and in transition.
    Still think this team has the potential to be better overall than last year.

Also glad MDA is not going the Obrien route. Let these guys get some decent run in the preseason. If not for offense, but for Defensive. Multiple times we can see the new guys not know who to switch to, or when to switch.

See you guys at TC Thursday!

Htownballer38 and D-rock like this.