1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Willie Cauley-Stein is KAT’s best friend and mentor. If the Wolves are all in on KAT, which they appear to be, then this makes sense. It would be essentially a Butler for Cauley-Stein swap which makes the Wolves a better team because of the relationship.

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

LOL yall have to stop believing tweets from random unverified users.

3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

This sounds plausible, but too good to be true. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I would be floored if this came about.

Dacamel likes this.
  4. j@amc

j@amc Member

I think Knight to Sacramento has to be added to this deal with us taking on a Sacramento expiring too (Koufos or Randolph). As far as WCS's future in Sac town, they drafted Marvin Bagley III. Seems they don't have much confidence in WCS.

It strikes me that he's the kind of young talent/asset that Minnesota would like to add.

D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Posting opinions is one thing. I just have him blocked to filter out the white noise.

It’s the secondary burner accounts that he apparently is using to talk back to himself to give himself some ego stroking. A few pages back some other account had an auto correct with a “Rubio” in it which is common in holic’s posts. Up until that point ppl were just joking that he was using burner accounts. Then that happened, and hence all the holic tomfoolery up in this thread.

Anyway, just some funny stuff to fill in the time at 1am.

ISOBall likes this.
  6. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

But by trading for Butler the Rockets would have his Bird Rights.. will recoup what we gave up in a SNT if he wants max money from another team.. hopefully 2019 1st pick that's better than ours and a solid vet.. will see..

D-rock and jcf like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

No way Nene and EG and picks get it done

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is a new trend. We didn't always share randos claiming to have insider info; it used to just be the big and reputable reporters. I think it's only over the last 2-3 years that we've started to post anything and everything.

It kinda sucks and it's dumb to have people arguing over obviously fake stuff. I wish we would all go back to only posting the stuff from real, credible sources. And Burt Steele.

#3348 Haymitch, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know the veracity or the bulls***tery of the EG Nene WCS etcetera, but you would need to add Hartenstein at a minimum.

Dieng and picks to Sacramento? Or Dieng and Chriss.

I'm too sleepy. Back to bed.

hajkov and DonKnock like this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As social media runs even more amok, so do we on the BBS.

I think these so-called insider accounts are actually Russian bots.

topfive, hajkov, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  11. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Eric Gordon is very underrated on this board. Butler is an all-star, EG is a borderline all-star. Add a number 1 pick and Nene, thats a fair deal.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

All things considered i don't think you're wrong.

topfive likes this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The bird rights on Butler are worth at least two picks. At worst we get Butler for one year and re-coup our picks in a trade next year. Jimmy wants his money and 5 years 190 is better than any amount he can get with someone else. If we can get Butler without trading Tucker, I would give up 2 1sts, Gordan, fillers and 2nd Rounders or even a third first for him. If we get Butler and keep Thornton, we are the favorites to win it all. Time to go all in!

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree on giving up the picks instead of PJ, but that's the fan talking, i don't know what's the plan going forward so, Morey & co might think the 2021 pick, especially if unprotected might be too risky to give up...we'll see i guess.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nene does not make sense on a non contender, at his age he does not make sense on lots of teams.

It must be his hilario nature.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nene is just a salary filler.

D-rock likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Minny is the taker, it does not matter if CF underrates him, Minny fanbase and FO should rate him appropriately.

D-rock and Ramathorn006 like this.
  18. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

All things considered means compared to what jimmys market is...

I’d say he’s probably right. Basically what Indiana got for PG. Heck as far as best talent coming back Gordon is more than what bulls got for butler then.

I’d say Gordon is prob the best player / best fit the wolves are getting until we hear otherwise. They are also getting rid of diengs contract which is worth at least a 1st and a second round pick.

Then WCS isn’t just a throw in

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  19. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

Day three after checking in if there’s new updates. No new updates by any verified insiders, and I’m running low on water.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  20. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Thornton?