1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

The originating source is Woj. My guess is in their frustration in working with MIN, teams have compared notes and are finding out MIN is not negotiating in good faith.

topfive likes this.
  2. bongman

bongman Member

There is no WE it's just YOU who thinks that losing our best PF to a player that you have acknowledge is limited for that spot is somehow
    better?

The team + PJ vs the team + Butler ( can't guard pf and C ). Which team is better against Pf and C? This simple logic.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You are REALLY REALLY REALLY underestimating Melo on offense. I dislike him because his traditional playing style makes him an inefficient chucker, but he is still a great scoring talent. Even in one of the dumbest offensive systems last season on a team where he obviously did not fit next to WB, he still had a season comparable to Ego's best Rockets season in an offensive system designed to generate open looks with 2 HOF PG's force feeding him open shots. The only question is whether or not he will change his game playing next to Harden and CP3. If he is, Melo is absolutely a vastly superior scorer compared to Ego.

Angkor Wat and hakeem94 like this.
  4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It's not which team is better against PF and C, it's which team has a higher chance of winning against GSW, which I already answered is the team + Butler. Trying to frame it as "better against Pf and C" is as disingenuous as it is narrow minded and stupid.

5. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Just the usual bickering and most of the folks posting trying to make their opinion the truth.

DonKnock, Newlin and hakeem94 like this.
  6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

The purpose of a forum is discussion which includes debates between conflicting opinions.

jch1911 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Without Tucker, the most important thing is that we will fully utilize Melo on offense.

Let him shoot as many as he can.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

IMO, the skill gap between Middleton and Butler isn't significant enough to have to throw in Brogdon AND Maker.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea I get that, he's a talented scorer, misused last year all that stuff. I even believe he'll do better with us. Right now better than Gordon? No way, not at all. But anyways we are talking about Melo filling in for Tucker which is NOT going to be good. Offensively? Possibly, but defensively, he's nowhere near Tucker's level and his defense is ALMOST as bad as Anderson's. He's gonna get picked apart by KD, Curry and Klay coming off screens.

10. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

This. I was reading along and come across a rebuttal for a post I never read. I had to unignore him to figure out what the agrument was about. I don’t know which is worse.

Rox>Mavs and BMoney like this.
  11. bongman

bongman Member

Can't have a discussion with you.

The Pf/C issue was added to the table as a part of the discussion to consider on what well lose if we give up PJ. You cant even acknowledge that we will lose anything for the spot he is leaving behind. Who is being disingenous here?

The framing is accurate because any lineup you can come up with means PJ will also be a recipient of that. It's team WITH PJ and not without as you are trying to analyze .

For the bigs, they have boogie, KD and DG. We will be left with just Capela.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I acknowledged that we will lose out on D, but I assert we will compensate with gains on O. Melo is by leaps and bounds a superior scorer compared to Tucker and at the end of the day, offense wins games not defense.

Your framing is completely inaccurate because neither Melo or Tucker are PF's or C's. Both of them can play either position in a small ball lineup because we are very much in a position less era right now.

You mean the exact same situation as last year minus Ryno? You seem to forget that Ryno had been our big until he got hurt and Tucker took his spot and then stayed there. Outside of Ryno and Black (who we replaced with Chriss), our bigs situation is exactly the same otherwise.. still Capela and Nene.

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

What you mean? Your sources said Butler was going to the Bucks an hour ago?o_O

luckyman76, Reeko, swoosh1014 and 3 others like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Defense wins championships. The only reason we took GS to 7 was cause of defense.

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Bucks will buckle

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I know a lot of people here don’t want to lose Tucker, I too don’t want to lose him but ask yourself this question:

If CP3 goes down again in a series against the Warriors, which of these combos still gives us a strong chance beating them:

Harden, Melo, Butler, Capela, Ennis or
    Harden, Melo, Gordon, Capela, Tucker

topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  17. sage281

sage281 Member

I still say that was the year we should have won it all.

luckyman76, Aruba77 and DonKnock like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nice thinking!

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This thread has turned into this:
    [​IMG]

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

Yes, if Melo scores 30 ppg. an unbelievable talent.