1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks Moes... so, would Goff be included on that list of "better QBs on benches"? The Goff owner has the weakest roster (esp re: RBs, since he is the Bell owner hand his only backups are Burkhead and Lewis). Goff seems to have lots of weapons and a great OC who lets him pass with a lead. Ryan's owner is very difficult to negotiate with, and the Rivers owner has lots of similar RBs. And... Lindsay the right guy to offer (other options are Michel and Jones Jr)?

Another option, go after Ryan, unfortunately at his highest value, but maybe a Jones Jr and Lindsay or Michel package?

#421 NewRoxFan, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well I don't know if you should just outright give up on Luck this early. His YPA is pretty dreadful right now, but things don't always stay the same. He should have better games unless his arm really is gone forever.

I wouldn't overpay for a QB like Ryan or Goff because you'll barely be above replacement level. After 3 weeks, guys like Dalton and Tannehill are about dead even with Goff in terms of fp.

It isn't the worst thing in the world to have to start streaming Bortles / Dalton etc.

We've also got 4 rookie QBs starting now. Mayfield will be the favorite to provide any sort of fantasy value, but I'm wondering if Josh Allen might not have some sneaky floor appeal. He's shown he's got some moves in the pocket. Could end up with 5-6 rushing TDs on the year.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

Good advice... would you drop Michel or Lindsay for Dalton? My other RBs are Barkley, Gordon, Conner, Mixon (and Lindsay and Michel). My WRs are JuJu, Cooks, Sanders, and Jones Jr. We only have a 5 player bench.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah I would probably look at dropping one of those. Hard to say which but so far Lindsay has been a lot more productive than Michel. Things change quickly though.

I don't really see the need for you to keep both of those backs when you have 4 legit backs in front of them.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

The Ryan owner countered with one of my three top RBs (Barkley, Gordon, Conner). One reason why trades never happen in that league... moving on to FAs.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Boyd. Coming into the season ross was the one getting the hype for Cincy about breaking out. So far hes been struggling and done very little. Aj green is now banged up so things are looking up for Boyd.

McNultyisDrunk likes this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Boooyaaa
    It took 3 weeks. What happens after 3-4 more????

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Stafford fires 3 checkdown TDs to Riddick.

9. NewRoxFan

I dropped K Johnson to pick up Slugger Lindsay. And kept Sony Michel. Of course, KJ has a breakout game and I look dopey. But I still think I made a good decision... KJ was running against a better situation; Michel ran more against stacked boxes... as if DET knew what NE where NE was going to run. And Michel hits the line and accelerates faster. Still think he ends up being the more explosive RB. NE may make starting him hard with the way they approach the RB position, but Michel will have some big games.

Lindsay... I think his immature (stupid) diving on the pile and swinging while a ref was right there pulling him off the pile. Dumb. He may have punched himself out of a starting job. Before, he was the "local kid makes good" feel good story. DEN invested more in Freeman and suspect he gets the job back (unless Lindsay breaks off a big run or two).

10. The Stig

The Stig Member

So I’m at a bit of an impasse here. I picked up Matty Ice before his noon game last week in case this whole Fitzmagic thing didn’t pan out. Now that both of them blew up, and my opponent this week is QB needy, I need to drop two players for a TE cover and so I can take Ajayi off my IR slot.

BN: Matt Ryan, Henry, Clement, Goodwin, Edelman, Jamaal Williams

What do y’all recommend?

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would probably dump Clement and either Williams or Goodwin depending on how your WR/RB depth is.

The Stig likes this.
  12. The Stig

The Stig Member

Thanks for your help! Dropped Clement and probably going to drop Jamaal Williams next. I started looking at TEs for the week but it's pretty bare out there. Looked into Goedert, ASJ, RSJ, Watson, Mark Andrews, and Rhett Ellison and none of them seem to get a lot of targets except Goedert. So I think I got it between him and Rhett Ellison (who I think will start in Engram's place). Just gotta decide who now.

13. NewRoxFan

the only downside with Goeddert is when Jeffery returns. But all TEs are a crapshoot it seems. I just grabbed Eifert. Andrews seems like an interesting play this week.

btw, Rex Burkhead to IR today. Hopefully my patience with Sony Michel will be rewarded.

Plus, in my standard league, the Bell owner is also the Burkhead owner. His only RB is Dion Lewis. Weeks ago I was thinking about a my Conner and Jones Jr for his Keenan Allen or Mike Evans. Now with less likely Bell plays and possible trade away, held back on the idea. My RBs are Barkley, Gordon, Conner, Mixon, Lindsay and Michel. Would a my Conner for his Evans and Goff make sense? My Wrs are JuJu, Cooks, Sanders, and Jones Jr. My QB is Dalton.

The Stig likes this.
  14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

TEs are such a wasteland this year. With Olsen and Walker on the shelf, there are really only a handful of viable every week starts.

I have Eifert and Jordan Reed behind Burton in a couple of leagues right now. Wondering if RSJ will improve with Rosen out there or not. He's definitely getting the playing time to provide value.

15. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, TE is bad. I plan on picking Olsen back up here very soon. He is supposedly trying to be back for week 6. He might get injured again but if he is it's just back to the WW. Worth the risk IMO.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Definitely worth it if you can afford it, but this is why I avoided Olsen this season after happily grabbing him in seasons prior... His body just looks like it might be done.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When he was trying to get onto Monday Night Football you knew his career was over.

18. The Stig

The Stig Member

As an Evans owner who needs RB, I wouldn't trade him for Conner. Just my 2 cents there. Your WRs are fine in a 10 man league. Also, I try and avoid trading for QBs. I'll be happy to trade away QBs, not trade for one. The variance among QBs is that great over time and your league mates will eventually drop some decent ones.

EDIT: Regarding TEs, I think I'm going to go no TE this week as I think that my overall team is good enough to win the matchup. If not, I'll gamble on one who's playing the later games

19. NewRoxFan

Just as a fyi, Alshon Jeffreys had a full practice today (in case you are still thinking Goederts).

20. marky :)

marky :) Member

Okay I'm thinking between DeSean Jackson or Albert Wilson. (leaning towards DeSean Jackson as the "safer" bet). I know it's very unlikely Wilson can have another game like last week where he even threw for TD but I'm a gambling man hoping some of that magic thye had last week continues. But they are playing the patriots so probably not.

My WR's
    D. Thomas(start)
    D. Adams(start)
    M. Thomas(start)
    D. Jackson(maybe)
    A. Wilson(maybe)
    A. Miller(bench)

I'm very weak at the RB position and its a two flex position league.
    RB's
    D.Freeman(out)
    CJ.Anderson(bye)
    N.Hines(start)
    M.Mack(?)