1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

From COD, just right now in the NBA Dish thread:

Today was louder than usual. There is greater urgency. CyberX has greater reach here though, so this is just from my guys.

I mentioned long ago that Jimmy Neutron was a Rocket-target. We nearly made some movement in South Beach, but luckily Phoenix took our FreeBird off of our hands.

This is what I know, and admittedly, CyberX has more reach in the Twin Citites:
    1. Jimmy is there for Thibs, but that's not enough because Thibs is on the clock
    2. Jimmy has told pals that he doesn't have any "killers' on his team. (This is true...no one is scary in crunch time other than Jimmy Neutron
    3. Contact situation....he doesn't want to be in Minny long term. Dwayne Wade will confirm.
    4. Current chatter involves the need for three teams BUT
    *5 Minny/Thibs are waiting to hear from Jimmy that he wants to be dealt to a contender.
    **Don't underestimate LeBron and the Lakers to provide a comparable package if it gets that far.

***When I asked about us, once again, pain was brought up. To gain Jimmy,you're going to be bruised a bit. You would even lose the Rocket's Introverted Bomber....

And, you would inherit a contract from a team that's ...well...unappealing.

He'll say the right things behind closed doors, but JB is ready to win.

I can't say with any confidence that it will be us, but i know the phones in Houston are busy.

My personal concern comes back to Me7O. I see it working out, but that's a bunch of strong personalities. Luckily James and JB are closer than most, CP and JH are close, and CP and Mel are close.

Right now, it's just a dream....but it's not far fetched.

Also, Kawhii is not leaving Toronto this year. Kbye.

Cod

2. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Member

Tuck & Beard roll deep, tuckwagon already home

mikol13, clutchdabear and cdrive like this.
  3. cdrive

cdrive Member

Oh man codman and cyberx are crossing the streams...

Deuce, hakeem94, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

“Rockets (Morey) has eyes on”
    “Expect to include Eric Gordon/PJ”
    Is this really a source? Or someone saying “I bet Morey will try”

The whole world knows Jimmy and the organization may be headed down different paths. Morey has always said he’s always looking to improve and the Rockets are definitely one of the teams that is all-in. No trade would work if you weren’t offering EG.

Call it hating, whatever, but what makes this info “sources” and not “obvious expectation”.

Or is the thread title with the word “Sources” just ongoing and sort of a joke. I’m actually curious.

5. malakas

malakas Member

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Would OKC offer Steven Adams and Andre Roberson for Jimmy and Dieng? Their ages, 25 and 26, would be a lot more appealing for Minny than PJs (33).

Losing Adams would be a huge loss but Jimmy would bring everything that Andre does (defense) and doesn’t (offense).

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I really love EG, i think his contribution has been really great here, not to mention he was very important against the Warriors, but the fact that the Rockets were not able to extend him well...i guess that makes him very available, and rightfully so, especially in a trade for a star.

Not sure about moving PJ instead of a 1st...PJ is really perfect for us (also considering his small salary), and i mean, Gordon is perfect for Minnesota unless they have no interest in trying to stay competitive...he's a very good two way SG on a pretty good contract, same age as Butler...they'll have a good chance to resign him there too.

I think a package like Gordon, 1st rounder and fillers might get it done if Butler wants to be here. But in the end i also understand who says you can't pass on what's probably the last chance to add a star in this cycle just to keep a role player...i don't believe this will happen, but if Trevor is eventually coming back later in the season, losing PJ might not end up being that bad, even if they're not the same player, but eh...in this scenario we might still be able to trade our 1st rounder to find someone to replace PJ, i just think it's not going to be easy cause PJ is really perfect here.

#307 Vivi, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    don grahamleone and clutchdabear like this.
  8. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'm willing to bet my Clutchfans account that something either does or doesn't happen with us and Jimmy Butler.

amaru likes this.
  9. Moleb

Moleb Member

On the other hand people were upset about cp3 for Bev and fillers. We all see how that turned out. We gotta shake the emotional attachment to non all star players.

10. Nook

Nook Member

It is all context.

The only reason the Rockets have a chance is if Thibs wants veterans to win now. Adding Gordon and Tucker would be a strong influence on and off the court.

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  11. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

A slightly better? That is laughable. When was the last time how johnson avg 16 pts a season? Melo health willing will exceed that playing with a true point guard

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Tbf this guy makes no mention of the Rockets specifically, and it won’t be difficult at all to find a taker if they do decide to trade him.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Adams with that salary makes no sense for the Wolves since they have KAT, Roberson ugh...they already lack shooting, if they add Roberson next to Teague, Wiggins and Gibson well, that wouldn't end well lol

clutchdabear and Bearius Jones like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

the very few ppl that were against it, doesn't mean anything compared to the overwhelmingly approval of the move. they don't correlate

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Really high risk move. Big potential for implosion tbh. I think some people are really underestimating the clashing of many personalties. Jimmy's not exactly the best chemistry guy.

Completely different than adding Melo or CP3 or Howard in the past IMO

Little Bit likes this.
  16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If OKC trades Adams, who will let Westbrook have their rebounds:confused:

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

taking 15 shots a game to get that, isn't exactly impressive

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Howard? You can’t be serious

BigggReddd and Vivi like this.