1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] WEEK 2: TEXANS @ TITANS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe so, but that same mediocre Pats team handled the Texans and the Jags crushed them. The game was more dominant by the Jags than the score suggests.

2. buffalobills!!!

Brady seems to stink it up in Florida

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dallas is man handing the Giants. Maybe we will beat them next week. I'm stoked.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Any team that can lose to Blaine Gabbert with his 3 best tackles out for the game is a team that can lose to anyone. 0-16 is possible.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

I don't see any reason not to bandwagon with this team.
    3.5 hours every sunday. countless hours on the forum discussing moot points. $100s on gear and tickets..
    all for what? an average team that barely makes it to the playoffs? (which btw now stands at 11% after going down 0-2)

At least the rockets were 2 quarters away from going to the nba finals. and the astros just won the championship.

6. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans are 1-11 in there last 12 games... and the head coach was rewarded with a 4 year extension and talk of a Super Bowl run and division championships.

SEA - L
    IND - L
    LAR - L
    ARI - W
    BAL - L
    TEN - L
    SD - L
    JAX - L
    PIT - L
    IND - L
    NE - L
    TEN - L

Look at the last dozen games and consider that the coach got a 4 year deal this summer.

Ask yourself if you believe the owner really wants to win.

everyday eddie and Mr. Clutch like this.
  7. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

WR screens are the new HB dive. Offensive guru my ass.

BigShasta and Mr. Clutch like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he does, I think that he was just sold on the same BS that a lot of people were sold on. That nonsense about how BOB was the ONLY coach to keep Watson playing like the greatest QB of all time and every criticism of BOB they'd talk about how many points per game Watson was scoring. I certainly hope that the ridiculous contract they gave BOB won't stop them from firing his ass after this season.

deb4rockets likes this.
  9. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

10. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Lost to a brand new head coach, and Gabbert. That stings

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Sure, you could be right. BOB will continue to draw up stupid plays and Coach ineffectively.. Watt or Watson could get hurt again, along with a few other key players. Watson might not progress like anticipated. Who knows? I choose to hope we lost by some stupid mistakes that can be corrected. The more and more I have dwelled on our past seasons the more I want BOB sent back to Boston. We need a real coach. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the perfect example of a guy with talent who played ineffectively under BOB's lame offensive scheme. To think we had him to begin with makes me ill. I just want BOB gone now so we have a better chance of turning this mess around while we still have some young talent and seasoned veterans to help lead us.

everyday eddie and BigShasta like this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I want him gone now. Why wait and waste this season with him running the show. Enough is enough.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The Rockets have been more disappointing to me, because they could have won and didn't. Almost doesn't count, and to see that Championship within grasp and slip away because guys choke is enough to make you want to puke.

SLRokJok likes this.
  14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Week 3 is when he broke out last year so I’m going with that :rolleyes:

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

The one commonality with all these damn coaches is they always have a shitty OL.

Why in the ****ing hell do they not want to improve the offense line? What the **** is wrong with these idiots in management?

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

And then the Rockets will take you home and the **** smell of the Texans season will be gone when our Rockets will be in the Finals.

Sajan likes this.
  17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Wow what perspective. I hadn't a clue it was that bad.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Brandon Brooks was right about Bill Obrien and his patriot way bs.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kubiak almost always had a good OL.

O'Brien dismantled it completely in 2 years.

whag00 likes this.
  20. SuraGotMadHops

Look at how the Jags play with BALLS, throwing the ball with a lead under two minutes, drawing up smart plays and doing everything they can to make sure Brady doesn't get the ball back and become a hero. Texans have zero moxie, zero smarts, zero dynamics even though this team is stacked with playmakers at QB and WR. O'Brien should be on a sideline holding a coordinator clip board for another head coach. He is not head coach material, plain and simple.

Seeing how the Pats got handled shows we have lost two games to teams we very well could have (Patriots) and should have (banged up Titans) beaten.

red5rocket likes this.