1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[OFFICIAL] WEEK 2: TEXANS @ TITANS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Sep 12, 2018.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

on the Gabbert double pass penalty, could BOB have declined that penalty and the result would have been a "fumble" forward but can't advance and 3rd down?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tight ends.....they have 2 very good Tight ends, that they REFUSE to use....and Watson keeps forcing the ball to Hopkins....USE THE OPEN ****ING RECEIVER FOR **** SAKE !!

Tight ends need the ball a lot more often.

DD

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

Texans will always Texan. 16 years and counting.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I believe so, yes. It would have put the ball 7 yards further back and advanced it to 3rd down. Instead BOB gave them 7 yards and made it 2nd down.

BigShasta and juanm34 like this.
  5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

****in' BOB.

juanm34 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As a bandwagon Texans fan... I’ll happily hop on when the time Ian ready :)

Bandwagon fandom don’t get enough credit. It’s the smart way to fan. Especially with dvr capabilities now.

Just can’t help myself with the Rockets.

So I didn’t watch it... (after last week... not the loss but the complete lack of preparation and bad coaching i decidedly to wait this one out and watch the recording later... but now I won’t!).

So what’s the story? Same ole? Offensive coach that can’t coach offense or anything else?

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As disgusted as I am about these first two games I will do as I always have over the years of being a Houston fan. I'm going to say we can still win our division, and we still have a shot at taking it all. Am I stupid? Nope, but if I don't dream big there is no point in watching. We lost both games by 7 points or less and made lots of mistakes. If we learn from our mistakes we will only get better.

I will always support this team. I will moan and groan and call out players who get too cocky and don't back it up, or when they do something as stupid as Clowney did today. I may call him an idiot this week and a hero next week, but it's not because I jumped on his bandwagon. It's because when players play stupid we have a right to call them out on it, just like they deserve our praise when they do good.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Lol “the realist” lol

Yeah, he really reminded me of a champion. Jkjk

Because when the champion who’s thrown for 8 Miles and 300+ td s says chillax bromigos it reminds me of that time Deshaun Watson struggled to make it to a 2nd read on basically any throw or burn a blitz with a hot route or just chunk passes at the end zone like Rex grossman after a Loss to vrabel’s t*** (oh I went there) and DW was all like pssshh y’all can’t come back later hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa yeah. That’s exactly what it reminded me of hahahahahahahaaa

Nah but for real. It reminded me of Vince talking about bbq doing damage control already cuz they ain’t doing **** this year either and we know it.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. mario_v

mario_v Member

Is Watson even good anymore? I’ve noticed he’s lost some velocity in his passes.

Also, defensive coordinators have figured him out and he hasn’t been able to adjust.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

#teamtank

Jags look like a 13/14 win team

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, I was not a believer, but they are light years ahead of the Texans

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Time will tell. I haven't bought in to all the hype yet, but am hoping he becomes the QB to lead us to many future wins. I just wish we use our tight ends more to mix things up.

#1132 deb4rockets, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Still not the time to panic, imo. There was still time to win both games. As long as it doesn't get out of hand I will stay optimistic.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  14. theimpossibles1

You are a straight up piece of ****.

15. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

His velocity actually seems to be better this year, but overall play and decision making has regressed. I was so excited for this year, already out of playoff contention for the most part.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm optimistic as to the quality of the players, but BOB has cost them 2 games so far, 2 games into the season.

His problems in game 1 were different than his problems in game 2. In game 1 he was inaccurate and just a cluster****. In game 2 he was precision accurate, but a bit slow on getting the ball out at times, a bit terrible at seeing the blitz coming, and he made a lot of questionable choices. I see game 1 as simply not being prepared to play due to no preseason, I see game 2 as being a young QB with a lot to learn who is shackled by a terrible offense and no coaching.

17. buffalobills!!!

Lol BOB has no business still being the coach of the Texans

Nook and BigShasta like this.
  18. buffalobills!!!

Overrating a mediocre Pats team. Well mediocre for a Brady team

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We are not out if we turn this around and make better decisions.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Could easily win the next three if Watson keeps improving.