1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics player arrested for assaulting kidnapping and strangulating GF.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by malakas, Sep 13, 2018.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Absolutely disgusted with these news. He sounds like a future serial killer who barely stopped before murder.
    He needs to be waived asap and put behind bars.

seclusion and Vivi like this.
  2. Lovemachine2000

Innocent until proven guilty man. But yeah, it doesn't look good for him...

3. malakas

malakas Member

I am no judge. But as a member of the public I am horrified if I see a person whose gf after 4 hours in his appartment ended up in the hospital in serious condition with a broken ear and choking marks in the neck walking around free let alone allowed to appear in my TV playing sport.

If he's not waived I for sure will boycott the NBA.

4. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Will Ainge waive him?

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

6. lionaire

lionaire Member

Sad to see typical Bostonian behavior rub off on its players smh

clutchdabear and Invisible Fan like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

no idea who this dude is, but damn

What drives u to put hands on a woman like that?

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

If he was good he might get a 2nd chance but he’s a scrub.

9. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Definitely agree that this behavior should definitely cost you a livelihood based on playing a sport... but drawing the line just short of boycotting an entire league for one knuckleheads behavior.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"typical Bostonian behavior"

lionaire likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

not for one knucklehead behaviour.
    If he is not waived and allowed to continue playing in the NBA.

Any common person after being arrested for strangling their gf in the bathroom should expect to be fired from their job. Let alone a public figure.
    If the NBA smh tries to overlook it and he's not removed asap then I as a woman can't tolerate following such a league and being "entertained" by such criminals.

burnshroom likes this.
  12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Legally, Bird has a good deal to worry about. Convictions on any of the reported three charges could lead to him spending months or even years behind bars. Also, if there are so-called “aggravating factors”, such as if Bird was armed or if the victim suffered a “serious bodily injury” (which under Massachusetts law refers to permanent disfigurement, loss or impairment of a bodily function, limb or organ, or a substantial risk of death), the length of a potential prison sentence would increase substantially.

Turning to the charges, domestic assault and battery falls under Massachusetts General Law Chapter 265, Section 13A. Prosecutors will need to prove that Bird intentionally touched the victim without consent or did so recklessly and caused bodily injury. In the absence of aggravating factors, a domestic assault and battery charge is a misdemeanor and carries a potential penalty of up to two and half years in jail. However, the charge can be elevated to a felony if certain circumstances exist. For example, Bird could face a felony charge if the victim suffered serious bodily injury or was pregnant, or if Bird violated a restraining order to stay away from the victim. In any of those scenarios, Bird would face up to five years in prison upon conviction.

A charge for strangulation falls under Massachusetts General Law Chapter 265, Section 15. This is a crime that carries a potential prison sentence of five years. If there are aggravating circumstances, including if the victim suffered serious bodily injury or if Bird violated a restraining order, the potential penalty would jump to 10 years in prison.

Lastly, the kidnapping charge falls under Massachusetts General Law Chapter 265, Section 26. Under the law, “kidnapping” has a more expansive definition than how that term is commonly understood. Kidnapping can refer to unlawfully abducting someone—the conventional definition—or to unlawfully detaining a person, such as not letting someone leave an apartment, bathroom or other confined space. A conviction on kidnapping can carry a potential prison sentence of 10 years. If aggravating circumstances were present, such as if Bird was armed with a firearm and caused serious bodily injury, the minimum prison sentence would be 25 years and the maximum would become life.

BigShasta, Richie_Rich and malakas like this.
  13. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Is he Larry's Bird illegitimate child?o_O
    Omg he tarnished the Bird's legacy

roslolian likes this.
  14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Calm the **** down, there's this thing called due process in the United States of America. Hold your horses until a verdict is reached.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

I doubt a player no one has heard have is going to have a much of a career after a charge like that

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't have any respect for a man who raises his hand against a woman (although I know some women that could kick my ass). Guess I'm old fashioned that way. We have a legal system that will sort it out. I hope the girl is OK. That could cause some long term psychological damage, if it is as it's been described.

tycoonchip likes this.
  17. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

He’s a poor man’s chris brown

18. BackdoorHarden

let's not put a man in prison before the truth is out. Remember our man , Harden, has been sued many time and he's been found innocent each time.
    Remember last year when Hakkem the Dream jr accussed Harden of ordering the assault on Hakeem Jr? Harden was found innocent. Did you have called for Harden's immediate release last year?

If true, he needs to be locked up for a long time and spend it in a mental hospital. What kind of sick person would choke someone for 4 hours??? 4 hours??? That's a sick man. Only reason she escaped was because he blacked out from choking for 4 hours? Sick.

That's why all rich folks should have a webcam or some kind of camera inside. At some point, you will be accused of something

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Uhhh it wasn't Olajuwon. It was Malone. Malone Jr is an entitled little b****.

20. BackdoorHarden

I get confused. They all look the same. At least I didn't say Yao Ming Jr