1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kanye West, Candace Owens vs thought CTRL Left

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sugrlndkid, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why is it shocking that a rich black man supports someone who cuts his taxes?

And why is surprising that Candace Owens, who failed at everything until he got an offer to make money as a black conservative took the money?

2. amaru

amaru Member

And now that his album has been released for a few months Kanye is attempting backtracking on his slavery comments and his MAGA hat.

Like the majority of us knew...it was all album promo.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Smart way to get Republicans to buy your album

amaru likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Calling black democrats slaves on the democratic plantation is just as racist and terrible as calling black conservatives Uncle Tom. She's thrown in a few extra words before 'plantation' but she means the same thing.

Both suggest that the black people can't think for themselves.

She probably needs to understand that there are plenty of reasons that black people vote overwhelmingly democrat.

A big reason is Republican candidates being a part of very openly racist facebook groups, having the president call neo nazis good people, and having SCOTUS judges suggest black people need to go on a slower learning track. I mean, this on top of all the efforts from the GOP to take away our votes.

The GOP can fix this by condemning these people full stop and actually working for our vote, but they never do, we don't even exist to most GOP candidates.

Until then they will have to continue to pay people like Candace Owens for her 'support'.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Not to mention that Republican policies hurt blacks the most.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think Owens can think for herself or is she just a paid shill? or is she something else?

#146 Os Trigonum, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  7. foh

foh Member

For anyone who cares for a summary this reads as a collection of tweets that doesn't belong in a respectable publication. It probably took her all of 20 minutes to write. There is no supporting argument for 75% of claims. And no "good", detailed, plausible argument for 100% of claims. The links provided as supporting documentation are of the same non-reputable and out-of-context type of quality - for instance, her claim that 36% of African Americans support Trump used a link of Rasmussen main poll site with no reference to the 36% number or just general race-denominated support polls. (probably based on this tweet but later disproved by washpost)

The thesis is Blacks are misinformed by mainstream liberal media. (ie Trump's favorite topic: evil fake media)

Os Trigonum, this was not a funny read. Why do you give forum to it if it is not humorous or smart? Can't you make it more fun somehow - maybe by focusing on a single quote/paragraph and making fun of either right or left for it? Anyways. Not fun.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. foh

foh Member

I do wonder where Rasmussen got the 36% number from. Anyone cares to enlighten? How did Rasmussen frame the question to get this type of approval?

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think she's a paid shill, I think I have enough information to believe that. Sure, she thinks for herself, everyone does. It's just that she thought it was a good move for her career to do this so she's doing it.

I don't think it's ever believable for people to just completely drop everything they've believed in...then completely reverse to the other side, 100%. That's not believable to me unless the person in question was like 17 years old and is now 27

I don't think she's a paid shill because she's a conservative though, I think she's a paid shill because of that and the reports that she gets paid for doing what she does and her history in politics is pretty interesting.

I don't call other black conservatives paid shills. People like Sowell have a strong history of conservatism, for example, he's clearly not a paid shill.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fair enough. Although you don't have any reason to believe that she "dropped everything she believed in," no? presumably she had conservative views before conservatives found her and started paying her for her commentary. But point is well taken.

I have been a fan of Sowell's book Vision of the Anointed for a long time. Best line in that book is when he quotes someone else (can't remember who offhand) who says something to the effect of: "Disagree with someone on the right, and they will likely think you obtuse, wrong, sentimental, foolish, a dope; disagree with someone on the left, however, and they will think you are selfish, cold-hearted, a sellout, evil." That has always stuck with me.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I admit to knowing zero about Candace Owens before this thread, but she really sounds like a good, honest, upstanding truth-teller.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

She said delivering political messages at funerals. Learn to read.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

She says it herself that she became a conservative overnight because of how liberals treated her or whatever. As in she literally says that she became a conservative overnight.

Maybe it is true then, that she was never really a liberal, I don't really care in the end, but no one knew who she was when she was a liberal and now that she's a conservative she's a big name so it looks like she made the right decision but I hardly believe she believes strongly in anything.

She was a democrat trying to get money and now she's a conservative trying to do so, the only fools then to me are the ones giving her money.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

And why would that be bad? Is it because using someone's death to advance your political agenda is in poor taste? Or is doing that A-OK so long as it's not while in attendance at a funeral?

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Doing it at a funeral is much worse because if you're attending that funeral you're being invited to a special service honoring the deceased. Furthering your political agenda at a funeral is like proposing at someone else's wedding. Using someone's death who you don't know to make political message is still bad but not comparable to doing it at a funeral.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Watch her Joe Rogan interview. She is a straight up dunce. I remember the topic of climate change came up. It was rather embarrassing.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

McCain wanted to deliver a political message - do you not think that he discussed what he wanted his daughter to talk about at his funeral? Are you that stupid?

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Candace Owens is nuts a **** but I’d definitely have sex with her.

Let’s debate that.