1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. i3artow i3aller

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So he tries to be funny. That dude doesn't look like Tiger either.

Check the sole comment below.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

You don't have to eat at Carl Landry's restaurants anymore.

WestendMassive and hakeem94 like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Elite floor spacing!!

Why not? likes this.
  6. Dash

Dash Member

Morey stockpiling assets for Jimmy Butler trade

Hui and D-rock like this.
  7. WestendMassive

Did Anderson get an invite to the Bahamas with the rest of the squad this year?
    Sucks for him if he did

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

His career average is 15ppg....

That is what he CAN bring - but I didn't say he would do that - but his contract is so much more tradeable than Ryans!! That is the essence of this isn't it?

9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Ryno was a declining asset that needed a willing trade partner with 2 1sts just to unload him and then assets we didn't have to get anything of value with a 3rd party that had the asset we wanted. If you believe Ryno was ever part of a Butler or Porter deal then that is fantasy. I am in stunned shock right now. Morey must have had blackmail material because this trade is crazy. I was thinking 2 1sts for Shumpert/Koufos to 3rd team for Johnson/Bazemore.

I have nothing against him but I will say it right now, Melton was all wishful thinking and we maxed out the value of a 2nd and saved all of our assets to DUMP the most toxic asset there is in Ryno. This trade was a step up trade to improve the value of our assets (and save luxury tax for now). Once we prove Knight can play then we have a good value trade asset. He may be able to come close to EGo's production ability. Chriss has excellent upside and need to play as our backup 4/5 and will fit perfectly in our system. He was a lottery pick and frankly the best young asset we have on this team.

What does this mean? If Knight is the asset I think he is then we have the assets to do something. Salary wise, Knights salary plus another player gets us the same trade range as Ryno. It's highly doubtful even with everything we have at the deadline we could swing Butler or Porter if that is what you are thinking. Before now that conversation was impossible with Ryno. I still think it is but Knight + 1sts is a hell of a lot more valuable than Ryno + 1sts.

The objective way to look at the trade is that I would rather have Chriss playing Ryno's position and minutes and I would rather have Knight than Melton.

cooldudes42 and Rashmon like this.
  10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

If Knight can regain some form he will be a decent backup guard during times for sure to give both James or CP3 some additional rest, especially during the regular season. Chriss has a lot of potential and is young but of what I've seen in him I am not a fan at all. Maybe he needs a new place to succeed but there seems to be no motor in him to improve. Esp from watching him in SL games where you expect him to dominate his second year in SL and he was fairly mediocre.

Losing Melton sucks but his ceiling was Trevor Ariza and moving Anderson's large contract into two more manageable and probably attractive contracts makes a huge difference.

Honestly though I would find it way too funny if later on PHX ends up trading Ariza back to us for Knight.

BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

the big question is if chriss or knight are serviceable like Ryno was? If not is just a negative move.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

these new jerseys look better than the current ones

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Wow, it finally happened...i almost can't believe it.

Really torn on the trade because i don't exactly like Knight and Chriss, and we lost Melton, i'm really high on him...but at the same time i realize with Paul and Harden on the team he would've never get the chance to shine, and we're all in now. Knight if healty should be able to contribute even though i'm not sure how much, Chriss has looked liked a bust so far, but he's still young so, who knows...like others said here i think we might be able to move these guys easily than Ryan so, at least there's that, in the end i trust Morey.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I hope that doesnt happen cause i have had enough of ariza ...but just for the laughs i hope it happens
    [​IMG]

15. fattz

fattz Member

It’s surreal. I know nothing in life can be this easy so I will save my comments till I read more. My first thought is wow... I do believe that Melton is the real deal though.

Little Bit likes this.
  16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I never gave it a lot of thought before but we have Green, Knight, and Chriss because of PJ. PJ and Gerald used to give us fits when we played them. If we somehow get Dudley and Chandler as vet min buyouts then we could have a complete ex-Suns team.

pippendagimp and hakeem94 like this.
  17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Today is the deadline to exercise the stretch exception. My prediction is that they stretch Knight today to save a ton of luxury tax plus "generate future flexibility" (allegedly). Morey already saved Tillman $11 million in salary with this trade and will save much more with the stretch. Ryan would have been stretched today if they had not done this deal.

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Agreed.

I liked Melton but this is a win. RA is useless.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody is going to trade for Anderson straight up
    We had to include something of value

luckyman76, BigMaloe and RasaqBoi like this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Y’all got me hyped about Melton. So a little bittersweet here.

Progs likes this.