1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Ryan Anderson to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 30, 2018.

?

Do you like the Rockets trade of Anderson & Melton to Phoenix for Brandon Knight & Marquese Chriss?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2018.
  1. YES

663 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. NO

109 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Knight isn't a great contract but how in the world is Chriss a bad contract? He has a team option next year

I'd also argue a 26-27 year old Knight at 15 million who has shown flashes is more tradeable than a 30 year old Ryno at 21 million but at the worst it's a wash

2. mockster

mockster Member

Cuz Anderson was gonna magically gain value

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That bench tho:

Paul
    Harden
    Melo
    Tucker
    Capela

Knight/MCW
    Ego/Green
    Ennis
    Chriss/Hartenstein?
    Qi

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Question is whether Knight is better than Jerry Lin.

PGs get fat off the MDA system.

Good vibes from cutting cheese on the bench thru Feb.

5. rocketsrule1995

People complaining should think we got rid of an unplayable shooter who did not really shoot and a rookie. In return, we got a guard who shoots well, decent passer, and can occasionally drive. Add that with Harden,Paul, and Ego and this is huge insurance for injury as well as a serviceable player come playoff time at worst next year he is 15 mil expiring. Also, a young big who has flashy defense and can rim roll way better than Brandon Wright. Chriss is the backup center and he can provide some of the things Clint does. This is a huge win and honestly surprised we did not give up more.

6. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

What the **** has Melton proved?

Rockets fans are so obsessed with scrubs it’s so perplexing

7. sage281

sage281 Member

I think he takes the role Brandon Wright was supposed to play.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

So I emerge from my Man Cave after finishing the third season of El Chapo and we've traded Ryan A and Melton for Knight and Chriss--WTF!

I thought Morey was doing math and drinking Pina Coladas on some white sandy beach, but NO the dude was hypnotizing PHO GM into taking Ryno for the 46th pick in the draft. Maybe I feel asleep in my dark cave and I'm dreaming, because this sh_t just don't seem real.

I mean, I loved Melton in Vegas. Saw the young man as a great developmental guard and someone who could flash with his defense and athleticism. However, when he wasn't signed I think we all knew something was up--either on his end or DM's side.

To trade Ryno without losing any picks and return PG insurance and a recent lottery pick just seems INSANE... INSANE!!!

I wish Melton and Ryno the best. While I'm disappointed in Melton going, I remember that I liked Nick Johnson also (How'd that work out Sharky?).

I'm very intrigued by Chriss, he'll have some solid locker room leadership and influence around him which I think will help him focus and perhaps better harness his potential. Both he and Knight will be playing on a team that is competing for the chip and that will change the dynamic for them dramatically.

I also like the flexibility this gives DM and MDA going into the season. Greater depth is always a good thing for the team and if someone becomes available on the market.

As Chapo would say, "Saluto Clutch Fans!"

Hui, BaselineFade, jch1911 and 11 others like this.
  9. Sino rocketfan

Great trade. Especially we don't have to give up any single picks.
    Ryno(20 m$)-Knight(15 m$) Obviously Knight is more tradeable, although he has a severe injury to overcome....
    Melton(a rookie who hasn't played any regular game yet) -Chriss( 8th pick ,may have some potentials)

Red Chocolate likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brandon Knight? Has the guy even ever played 70 games in a season before? Dude is always getting injured.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea I dont really care much for this trade. I really dont like Chriss.

Little Bit likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

13. Nook

Nook Member

Well this trade tells me that MDA really wanted the Anderson situation addressed before camp broke.

The Rockets got two bad players, for one bad player and Melton. However the contract of Knight is smaller and likely easier to move than Anderson.

As for Brandon Knight, no one knows if he will be able to return to pre-injury status as his injury was a bad one. Even if Knight physically is able to recover, he was terrible in the last few seasons. Defensively he is poor and his offensive game collapsed. The Rockets I am sure will hope he bounces back to when he could shoot the three ball. Most likely he is just a contract to move later on.

Marquese Chriss was a hot prospect a few years ago. The size and athleticism is there, he just isn’t a skilled basketball player and is positionless. He has an extremely low BBIQ and I question whether he will be able to get any meaningful minutes for the Rockets. He lacks focus and his game regressed last year. At least his salary next year is a team option.

14. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Funny, seems like most people on here think this trade was about Knight....
    The good thing is that he won't play more than 70 games next year either....It seems like alot of people this Knight is the centerpiece of this trade...

Red Chocolate likes this.
  15. BackdoorHarden

NO way. No one could be worst than signing LIN>

We had to give up a #1 pick to get rid of LIN.

We got the #8 pick overall for Ryno

LIN is worse signing EVER and EVER

16. JW86

JW86 Member

Sorry but this is a bad trade. We got no rotation player back, but it's understandable considering Ryan wasn't worth a damn after that no show last half of the year.

17. Dash

Dash Member

While I admit rockets might regret giving up melton, the rockets are in win now mode and don't have the time to wait for Melton to develop. We did the right move in helping our championship chances these next couple years by replacing a non rotational player with 2 serviceable rotation players without giving up a draft pick. Pretty sure this is best possible deal Morey could get for Anderson, and it'll only hurt team chemistry to keep him on the bench for the next year or so.

18. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I know quality when I see it, you can call it genetic. By your **** attitude and disassociation of your own teams fanbase "Rockets fans" its apparant your father never got the trait.

Trash

19. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Lmao

[​IMG]

#319 ickaruto, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  20. gogispade

gogispade Member

I dont see any 3 here but the D is good