1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 27, 2018.

1. JazzLakerHater

Game was decided with those pitiful Altuve and Correa AB(I’m still pissed off from that pitiful Correa no swing)

2. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

That’s fine and I’m not saying the people who slandered him are necessarily wrong...all I’m saying is it’s going to be an annoying ride at this rate given there are people clearly rooting for him to fail and will enjoy posting every moment he does while reminding everyone he beats women.

3. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll keep my mouth closed in this one

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Astros just can't find consistency at home for whatever reason. It's frustrating to watch.

DudeWah likes this.
  5. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Yup between the A's and Warriors, Oakland can go **** itself

Oh, and Damian "Dame Dagger" Lillard is also from there. **** Oakland

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Indeed, a very weak ninth. Wimpy. I hate to lose like that.

7. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I’m still annoyed with Correa in the 8th. Considering the situation, one of the worst ABs I’ve seen in years.

Tomstro and JazzLakerHater like this.
  8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Send Correa to Fresno. He doesn’t give a damn. His head is already in New York.

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  9. mick fry

mick fry Member

No business at cleanup for sure.

Tomstro likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Had their chances, just too many mistakes to overcome against a good team.

raining threes likes this.
  11. HTown2017Champs

I like Gonzalez or White at cleanup better.

Tomstro likes this.
  12. mick fry

mick fry Member

I like Yuli in that spot.

Tomstro likes this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

George Springer dumb base running is forgotten about in the the 8th trying to get to 3rd, Ramon Laureano threw that fool out. George acted so dumb getting a lucky hit, at first base doing a goofy smile with the driving wheel signal. What is this cheeseball doing that gesture, karma gets him thrown out.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Dammit Charlie and Springer and Osuna

If we couldn't sweep, better to lose the middle game since quick recovery the next afternoon.

15. Senator

Senator Member

Osuna led the league in blown saves last year, and was right up there the year before that. Whether it's off field anxiety or control, he certainly isn't a sure thing.

The best solution would be Maldo placing some pictures of women's heads in his catcher's mitt to prevent all that zone spillage, but that may not be PC enough in 2018.

16. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

But Bregman can't carry the team to a World Series title on his own or even with Altuve playing a solid sidekick role.

The bottom line is regardless of what happens tomorrow, this team's ceiling is limited if Springer and Correa continue to play so far below their career levels. What made the Astros special and so hard to shut down was having to go through a stacked 1-4 with Springer, Correa, Altuve and Bregman. Each had moments last postseason where they carried the team and were explosive high OPS guys.

Springer's campaign in 2018 has been downright embarassing. All that talent and he's been every so slightly above Average. Overswinging consistently. Hitting under .250 as a leadoff hitter.

Carlos Correa looks like a total shell of the guy he's been before 2018. And his issues started well before his injury. He actually started off with a fantastic April but since May, it's been all downhill.

Marwin and White have made up for Springer and Correa's poor play over the past 6-8 weeks but the path to a WS Repeat likely requires Correa and Springer to pick up the slack for Marwin coming down to Earth and White's lack of posteason experience.

It's very hard to repeat, but what makes 2018 painful is that you have been letdown by 2 of the guys you thought were your horses and superstars. Neither is going to end the season with an .800 OPS most likely.

Correa is costing himself a lot of money with this sharp of a regression.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At least you guys who only post after losses are consistent...

CVcrew likes this.
  18. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

I don't think it's forgotten; it was probably the biggest play of the game. Turning point.

ktex likes this.
  19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think you are overreacting to this loss and the season, in general.

everyday eddie likes this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They're on pace for 100 wins. All of their current trends at the plate are thrown out the window once the playoffs start.

Nothing about this season has been truly "painful"... nor has it been anything close to a letdown.

Yes, the A's have improved and there may not be a division gap of 10+ games this year... its still about playing your best baseball, and getting healthy, come October. If you truly believe what you've said above... and all these guys are doomed for career-low numbers... why the **** are you still watching?