1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 9, 2018.

1. SemisolidSnake

I think right before Kemp hit that double, the radio guys just happened to mention that the Astros are something like 31-5 when Kemp is in the lineup. Sure am glad we've platooned him so much this season.

2. Buck Turgidson

Eh, that's ok.

3. SemisolidSnake

I must have left to go to the store right before Verlander got ejected. I saw the "balk." Can't help but think JV just wanted to GTFO ASAP and not have to deal with being pulled.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

I think it was between innings.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

What feeble at bats by Bregman and Gonzales.

6. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

wow that was horrible. Base runners on 3rd and 2nd, no one out and no runs. booo

HTown2017Champs and marks0223 like this.
  7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Bregman overall has been disappointing with the other core players out. He has had some pitches to hit as well but not doing as much damage as he was.

8. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

This lineup is so bad. Bregman definitely seems to do better when he’s not the alpha bat in the lineup

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Rodney to A’s

I’m telling you. Astros need to do something to address OF, or get another big bat.

Take the L here and recover this weekend. We can’t afford to lose series 3-1 or what not. A’s coming.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Astros getting beat up; disappointing.

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

A’s have to believe they can catch us, no matter how talented we are (when healthy) they see a chink in the armor. This is sports and if you believe we are invincible.... you’re mistaken.

Every move they make, gives that team added confidence. I’ve been preaching it since June... and predicted a A’s August move (I think they go after Cutch and others too). From a baseball standpoint... makes me glad we traded for Osuna. Need the Astros to get healthy but we can’t afford to wait.

12. Senator

Senator Member

At least Kemp is still awesome.

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

TK has been the man tonight.

14. Senator

Senator Member

Yup, worked Paxton throughout the count and played the Fbs perfectly.

Paxton up to 120 pitches, pull him and bounce on the BP!

15. HTown2017Champs

Sadly the Pirates have been surging as of late. Dickerson would have been my dream bat but that ain't happening. McCutchen is a good plan B, I hear he's connected to the Indians. If the Blue Jays are willing to deal Smoak (unlikely, though), I'll take him. If I was them I'd concede next year and focus on 2020 to start contending. They have solid prospects but I doubt NYY and BOS will have cooled enough next year for another team to sneak by. Donaldson, no thanks, his health is too concerning. Granderson I kind of like but his numbers aren't really that good, though.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Of course the A’s think they can catch the Astros. It is up to the Astros to show them otherwise. The A’s are a good team with a solid offense and a very good pen. If the Astros have injuries or lose focus, the A’s will likely pounce. Still the Astros have the lead in the division and have faced lots of injuries.

17. HTown2017Champs

Also, does Fisher being out of the lineup mean he's the one going down to AAA to make room for Correa? Would much rather it be Davis, IF for IF. Not that it'll matter too much as Correa's return likely means less time for Davis, and Altuve should be back soon.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Astros really need to stop playing Davis. Just pull the plug on that experiment.

19. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Bregman ain’t about that life tonight. Maybe if he pretends it’s the playoffs he’ll get it together.

20. HTown2017Champs

Starting to worry about Sipp. This is starting to remind me of Devo. Before he began giving up runs en masse, he was getting hit against a LOT, then got lucky that the next reliever would strand his runners. We all thought that a little rest would fix things, but it didn't.