1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Windhorst) Rockets active in the trade market

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 27, 2018.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he's 7-0 in MMA and 20-0 in kickboxing matches. he's also like a second degree blackbelt?

his nickname is BLOODSPORT because of all the martial arts he likes to do.

i'd love to see dray try to elbow harden in the neck again with someone named bloodsport having his back lol. won't happen again and if it does he will hit the floor.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

"Bloodsport", i love it; that's the kind of thing we need. give me the Chuck Hayes'. give me the Kyle Lowry's. we need edgy, chippy, hard-nosed basketball players. We need to literally beat up the warriors. physical basketball; aggressive basketball; stifling defense while keeping the pressure on; unending pursuit. We are never gonna out finesse Golden State. So we have to play with more intensity, outwork them, take them off their game and punch them in their mouth. That's how we are going to win. Nice guys finish last. Bring on Bloodsport.

BigMaloe, topfive, Cash Cam and 5 others like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah, just pay scott foster under the table and we good

MorningZippo, Nelly, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so basically you think morey is some cf user with zero posts?
    how many of such members there are?
    anyone?

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really like DeAnthony Melton - but those of you talking about you wouldn't include him in a package that would bring back pieces that could actually help us against the Warriors; ARE YOU CRAZY?

DeAnthony Melton might not even see playing time this season. We're trying to win a championship!

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

great post. you mentioned his 1 block and 1 steal in only 20 minutes. he will play 40mpg against the warriors like ariza did. imagine him and capela shutting down the rim together! a lineup of clint, johnson, tucker, harden, and paul would be crazy good on both ends of the floor. you also mentioned his playmaking... remember how good the 4/5 PnR with josh and dwight. johnson and capela would kill it just the same.

his playmaking ability takes some pressure off of harden and paul which could save a hamstring from being overworked late in the season, but also make the offense less predictable. last year harden and paul would have to go 1-1 and when they found ariza, tucker, green, luc open for a shot those guys basically could only shoot it even if it was contested. johnson and melo could either shoot the good looks or put the ball on the floor instead of having to shoot the bad looks too. they could actually get harden and paul some easy looks.

imagine an offensive lineup on johnson, melo, gordon, harden, paul? a lineup of capela, johnson, tucker, harden, and paul is an absolute nightmare on both ends.

hakeem94, Aruba77 and Vivi like this.
  7. JD88

JD88 Member

I would argue Paul and Capela are better individual defenders, but whatever.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's going acquire player from the Marshall Islands???

WTF Morey???

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Capela can't handle Draymond. He is too strong for him. PJ can, despite giving up 3 inches in height to him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Johnson, Aminu or Jarred Vanderbuilt. Morey needs to get one of these guys.

And dont sleep on the rooks. Gary Clark and DA Melton are tremendous defenders who could be ready to contribute later in the regular season.

11. Chamillionaire

Debatable.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Call me crazy, i understand your point obviously, but i wouldn't move this kind of prospect which is basically:

...in a trade for a role player.

DonKnock, clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If James Johnson is too expensive (he shouldn’t be considering his contract), wouldn’t mind going for Marvin Williams instead.

Hornets seem like a team who could actually be interested in having Ryan play for them (unlike the Heat).

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Or he may have no account period, its possible to still lurk without an account.

jch1911 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its definitely possible but Batman is his friend and I trust Batman wouldnt make such an incorrect assumption, besides morey is too methodical to lurk without an account

jch1911 likes this.
  17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Can anyone share the article?

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Check the DeAnthony Melton draft pick thread.

Fullcourt likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member