1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NYT hires an Open racist to their editorial board

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

White people are so repugnant that they deserve this.

2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What I found what she wrote is offensive she should be reprimanded for it forsure. There is no excuses. Doesn't matter if she was responding to racist or not or how was being cyber bullying. This is unacceptable. What I don't get is why the right is claiming the New York times inaction is the left's fault. NYT is not a leftist paper.

JayGoogle and Nook like this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

What? I have a lazy eye.

4. Nook

Nook Member

I’m sorry buddy, I can only see eye to eye with a straight shooter.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Yes with their love of pickles and mayonnaise and Ford trucks. Just so offensive.

Amiga likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As do I... bilateral strabismus, despite two eye operations (first on one eye, the second on both).

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So the New York Times is apparently going full racist.

The New York Times’ newest editorial hire has a history of racist tweets against white people.

NYT announced on Wednesday that they hired Sarah Jeong to join their editorial board. Jeong previously wrote for the Verge and authored “The Internet of Garbage,” a book about online harassment and free speech.

Shortly after Jeong’s hire, Twitter users unearthed old tweets in which she expressed an extreme distaste for white people.

“Dumbass ****ing white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants,” she tweeted in 2016.

Another tweet reads, “oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get from being cruel to old white men.”

{More at the Link}
    Remember when Paula Deen was asked if she had ever "used the n-word"? By the way, who cares if she did, as this is a word that has been commonly and broadly used by people of every stripe over the last 50+ years.

Now if Deen had demonstrated a history of being openly hostile towards people based on their race - as this new editorial writer at the New York Times clearly has - then that would have been a different matter. Then there would have been a legitimate reason to condemn her for being a racist, in the same way that Sarah Jeong clearly is.

But nothing like that was ever produced against Paula Deen. Instead, she was effectively harassed out of her position on the cooking channel because of the bigotry towards anti-Southern white people by the increasingly fascist Democrat left.

If the New York Times does not fire Sarah Jeong, then they will clearly be a racism promoting hard-left newspaper.

Nobody need bother with the typical lie and deny response. The proof is in the pudding.

BruceAndre likes this.
  8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Here is another racist beauty by the New York Times newest editorial board member Susan Jong:

“Are white people predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically only being fit to live underground like groveling goblins”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/2/ny-times-newest-editorial-board-member-doesnt-seem/

Is the New York Times now trying to suggest that this kind of racism and bigotry is now acceptable in their opinion under the banner of the Democrat left's "Political correctness" agenda?

Are you kidding me? Really? They are not even trying to hide it anymore. They are open racists, plain and simple.

deadlybulb likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I was curious when the racial inequality deep thinkers would find this trumpster safe zone... let me guess, racism does exist after all?

10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Dude I know I agree with about 85% of the stuff you say on here..but I have to disagree here.

Words like hers justify other peoples racist feelings and sentiments which in turn embolden and justify racist actions - at least in the minds of the perpetrators.

As someone who's been the beaten on more than one occasions by groups of African Americans for no reason other than I was the white boy in the wrong place..I can assure you that racism against this white boy physically hurt more than my feelings.

Nook, Pole, Amiga and 2 others like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I dont think she should be fired. I also thought Roseanne's apology was sincere. We just need to stop being so easily offended.

Talking smack on twitter is silly. The smarter thing to do is to disparage trump supporters on the D and D.

Nook likes this.
  12. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Meh. While I think that Sarah Jeong's tweets, satirical/joking or not, were in very poor taste...I don't really have a problem with the NYT standing by her...especially if they made it clear to her to refrain from such behavior in the future.

With that said, I think that all of this brouhaha surrounding the NYT and Sarah Jeong will ultimately benefit Jeong and the NYT. Before yesterday, 99.9% of people have never heard of Sarah Jeong. Now, a lot more people are aware of her, and many of them will read her opinion pieces, perhaps out of sheer curiosity for some. IMO, bringing on a polarizing journalist can be a good business move sometimes.

The NYT is deeply flawed and its quality has definitely gotten worse recently, but I don't think it's run by a bunch of idiots. They likely already knew of Sarah's controversial tweets prior to hiring her, and possibly anticipated at least some of the outrage (both real and feigned) ahead of time. They knew what they were doing with their decision to bring her onboard.

This will blow over soon. This whole thing is dumb and ridiculous and another example of unnecessarily vociferous outrage. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the "outrage" was tactical. Anyway, people need to chill out a bit, before we have another case of some mentally or emotionally unstable person taking things too far and violently lashing out in a way that causes real physical harm (or worse).

Also...journalists, baseball players, or any other professional should know by now that it's probably a good idea to scrub their social media history of anything that could be considered bigoted, especially if they work for a well-known organization. Failure to do so is naive. But even that's not a guarantee that the problematic postings would be 100% gone...screencaps and sites like archive.is are a thing. The Internet can be eternal.

RocketWalta and adoo like this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

yip, the dizzying height of fake outrage

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough. I agree it could hurt race relations. And obviously it hurts individuals who are white and attacked physically.

I did say racism against whites was bad and should be eradicated. But it doesn't hurt their education job prospects, treatment from the justice system etc.

But you make valid points. I'm guilty of using hyperbole

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

White Genocide is alive and well.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just curious which of Roseanne's apologies you went with...she thought Jarett was white...the Ambien...etc., etc.

18. Commodore

19. TheresTheDagger

Wow...this chick makes Richard Spencer look positively moderate.

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  20. Commodore

I agree people shouldn't be fired for some bad jokes, but this chick is openly racist by any definition of the term, and she's being hired to give opinions

Cohete Rojo likes this.