1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Some of you guys are blatantly stupid

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Always a conspiracy... even when they don't know what the conversation was about.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Being a christian got nothing to do with being stupid. But well, of course you are not mr. Jeremy Lin, you are just dudewah. Easier said than done dude, this proves that lin is just normally human. He may feel slighted n has any rights to feel mad. I disagree with his bible quoting tweet, but hey everyone has their own button, this may be his.

4. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

Point taken. My mistake for not reading the conversation. But I think it's quite clear that many members here have an agenda against Lin, where fair judgment and common sense is thrown out the window in favor of biased hate and criticism. You can turn a blind eye to it but even some of the pre-2012 posters here have spoken out about it.

5. joepu

joepu Member

Hey I got a reply from Clutch.

Clutch, this is your board and I respect that. You've made your feelings clear on this matter. I'll stay out of this argument from now on.

6. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Well Rockets guess wrong then. He did something about it. In the long run nobody cares but for now it is wrong. You think for one second they would pull this with Royce White?

They simple thought it IS business as usual and didn't figure Lin will do anything.

Why not? He follow company line. Did as they asked, never complained. But this hurts and for him it was time.

And to say the player doesn't have a say in the number because he is bench? Who are you kidding? Didn't someone pay $50k for a number in NFL? Number is important. But who cares right?

He was bench because Rockets decided that it was better to have him run the 2nd unit than Bev. They poison piled him to come to Houston, remember? The same pill that is choking the team.

Again, not his fault team wanted him so bad to do it. That he wasn't Linsanity 2.0? Well that was sort of expected around these parts.

That he would with 2 twits turn into a villian? Not in their wildest dreams.

But he did. And while I understand his feelings I know this does complicate things for the Rockets and that is unfortunate.

1 person likes this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

We criticize all athletes for making stupid decisions on twitter. Lin brought this on himself. Had he kept quiet this wouldn't have been a story. Could have easily handled it privately but because he's mentally fragile he reacted like a teenage girl who got her feelings hurt.

Zboy likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What's crazy about this is that Morey is a big fan of Lin personally and defends him in every interview he ever does where Lin is brought up at all. More than the "well we think he's a good player" cliches, he will use advanced stats to point out Lin's value over and over and over. The idea that he did anything intentionally to offend Jeremy Lin is flat out ridiculous.

9. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

So the guy with a join date in the middle of CF's Jeremy Lin madness and a screen name of a player on his break out team wants to raise awareness on this board of agendas and biases?

Thank-you for fighting the good fight for he without a voice. I applaud you!

1 person likes this.
  10. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

the acknowledgement is deafening

11. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

Yeah, Lin should have looked out for the Rockets. Wait, when is the last time the team looked out for Lin?

12. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

For fun regarding that last quote in your reply.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Spoke to Lin's agents, Jim Tanner/Roger Montgomery, who say that Houston did NOT inform Lin that the No. 7 would be used for Melo images.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/484447119340609536">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cerophilik likes this.
  13. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Welp, they are both on the same team again for now o_O
    Sad twist of fate

14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

And Dwight and Lin have been alternating teams too. Brooklyn, Charlotte, Atlanta

15. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Toss in Lakers and Rockets too?

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Sooooo does this mean:

Lin will go to Wizards, Dwight will go to Knicks

then Lin will finish his career with Magic and Dwight will finish his career with Warriors

clutchdabear likes this.
  17. esketit

esketit Member

dwigfht is desperately trying to follow the goat passer but he keeps showing up a year late

18. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

C'mon. I mean, it's 4 years ago. Was this really worth a bump? I mean it's over....like 4 years ago over....