1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryan Bernardoni] Kings could be setting up to take Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 18, 2018.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think the Rockets should find a trade partner for 2 players that have 10 million dollar contracts. That way the Rockets can easily trade them. It's wishfull thinking. The Blazers have a lot of Forwards with bad contracts, Aminu I think is really expensive. I think the Rockets don't want to give up assets which is great.Just eat the salary this year, trade him next year hopefully.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Aminu's contract is 6.9 M and is expiring in 2019. He is going to turn 28 in September 18.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Batum is a big time playmaker, this is something that would open a lot of things for us on offense

D-rock likes this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We can trade for Parker too. We need a backup PG with playoff experience.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

His defense last season was pretty darn good. His offense just disappeared. But all that weight he lost in the offseason made him a decent defensive player. His lateral movement definitely improved, he was jumping quicker and anticipating. He needs consistency added to what he's done well in his career and he'll be great.

6. don grahamleone

His DBPM went from -4.5, to -3.1, to -2.9, -2.6 and then -0.8 last year, but you couldn't see a difference? Me thinks your were blind to what he actually did last season. Especially early in the season before the ankle sprain.

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. AB423

AB423 Member

False hope... ain’t no one taking this bum.

BigggReddd and J.R. like this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Reports say Bjelica has agreed to $20M over 3 yrs with Kings.

Rockets may be taking back a bad contract back in order to make the Ryan Anderson trade happen.

I would take Zach Randolph back. It’s $11.7M expiring yr and he shot 35% from 3 on 147 (3-pt) attempts.
    I would play him at Center.....Capela might hold out for a couple of months. Zach won’t lob - dunk; but CP3
    and Harden will get him the ball rolling to the rim and he will get the ball in the hoop while getting some fouls.

elmotsangtt, cerophilik and seeingred like this.
  9. Chamillionaire

They have a few players worth having over Ryno. But I doubt they'd give them away for that contract.
    I'd rather not give up 2 first either. Overkill, especially when he's an expiring next season.
    But in reality, our window is short. If we're gonna win a chip, we need to spend that 20 million on a player or players that contribute in the playoffs.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Morey swung and missed bigtime with Anderson. It's a shame really because if Ryan can't function in this offense thats basically built for his skillset then he's not long for the NBA.

saleem likes this.
  12. saleem

I like your post. It was very disturbing to see him being so surprised, when one of his 3 pointers went in a regular season game. He has been doing this all his life. He needs to work with a sports psychologist.

13. saleem

Bazemore isn't the answer, but he isn't a dud like RA. The Hawks want to move him, but the Rockets can't move RA.

D-rock likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

I get what you're saying, DGL. What I saw seemed to be an increase in effort on the defensive end, so good on Ryno for that. I have to think the better numbers are the result of Coach B's system and especially the arrival of defenders like CP3/PJ/Luc. Those stats don't happen in a vacuum.

I'll grant you that in the regular season, Ryno's not the absolute sieve that everyone seems to think. But in the playoffs, the only way it makes sense to play him is if he's giving you enough offense to make up for the lack of defense. As a contrast: PJ's defense is so good (as is his contagious intensity) that just about any offense at all from him makes him a must-play.

HP3 likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

I think his ankle was still weak during the playoffs and his defense suffered more than his offense as a result. I could be wrong, but sprains effect some people more than others. I felt like after that sprain, he never got his game back. So to me, if he's healthy he'd be a great asset.

Of course, planning your whole outlook on him being healthy for the entire playoffs might sound boneheaded. He is too easily injured in my mind.

MC31B, Pat, Voltik and 3 others like this.
  16. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

No Anderson no Gordon no 3 seed,No CP3.. believe me.. Rockets wasn't suppose to make the Playoffs that year after Howard Left.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but Harden would be MVP that year because no those snipers, no weapons and no any help

DaonlyLA likes this.
  18. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Can someone start making a plaque for the Houdini award? It appears Morey is on the cusp of accomplishing all these tasks.

[​IMG]

Erbnwarfare and Plowman like this.
  19. basketballholic

We MAY be able to get more than one expiring back for Anderson. If Anderson agrees to a $20 million buyout and signs with Sacramento for 2/20 to make up his buyout, then he's essentially an expiring deal. We MAY be able to get back multiple expiring including Kosta, Shump, and McLemore in a three way with Sacramento and another team like Atlanta that might have a player like Bazemore that Sacramento would want to use for a couple seasons.

Anderson nanu nene out
    Kosta shump Ben in

Atl
    Bazemore out
    Anderson, Davis in
    Buyout Anderson for $20 million

Sac
    Shump, kosta, mclemore, Davis out
    Bazemore in
    Sign Anderson

That may be doable with either no picks or maybe a second gong to Sac.

#419 basketballholic, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Lol. All of your trade suggestions should end with a gong.

[​IMG]