1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryan Bernardoni] Kings could be setting up to take Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 18, 2018.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

@DaBeard breaking all the news (or at least being the plug on the news!) ;)

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I guess I'm one of the few who would rather not trade Anderson just for the purpose of trading him. If he can find his shot again he can be of value just like the 16-17 season. Paul isn't getting any younger we need all the help we can get and the window is small

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol 2 of the most unreliable "journalists" relying on each other

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Please Daryl no First Round Picks Again

rocketman84 likes this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Why not keep Anderson for this year, it will cost Rockets a 1st rd pick, other young players.
    Trade Ryan at next years trade deadline as a expiring contract with no picks involved.
    Rockets need to continue the youth movement and keeping young talent.

dkoune, eman and clutchdabear like this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jeremy Lin 15 million dollar expiring and a 1st rd pick to Lakers
    Lou Williams for Corey Brewer and 1st rd pick , Players in the late 1st Round Kyle Kuzma Nets selected him traded to Lakers, Josh Hart selected by Lakers
    Chris Paul for Patrick Beverley, Montrezl Harrell, Sam Dekker, 1st Rd Pick
    Chris Paul = 2 - 1st rd picks by Rockets

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Finally owned it.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Pls not shumpert... pls no!

10. KellyUnchained

to be clear, i don't really care about "hate" from behind a computer screen. i'm not trying to be liked, i just tell what i've heard.

Bobsputin, Vivi, luckyman76 and 5 others like this.
  11. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Have you heard about the likelihood of moving Anderson to Sac-town? Or just that there was a conversation?

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I get it, you have a job to do, but doesn’t it feel good when you’re appreciated for all of your hard work.

If you aren’t followed by people, why would your job matter? You want and need people to read you.

I’m not trying to be hateful at all. I just think you have a massive opportunity to win over so many people which could only help you.

13. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Dump him! Dump him! Dump him! Please, please, please. Man, if we could get a traded player exception for Ryno and then get a quality Ariza replacement and we get Melo, we are definitely as good or better than last year with Ennis and the eventual resigning of Clint.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope this trade involves a 3rd team like Portland so Rockets not forced to give up more than 1 first.

Plus really want WCS and Aminu to end up in Houston. So much so that I'd take Leonard and give up Hartenstein or Qi to make it happen.

Ryan_Success likes this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Morey just doesn’t seem like the type of GM that will give up multiple first round picks to move a decent role player just because he’s underperforming his contract. Especially when there is no cap space needed and no free agent out there ready to sign.

The only reason this deal would happen imo would be because of Tillman.

Vivi and Nook like this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yes yes i want shumpert. Yule c part 2

17. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

They signed him two years ago, they've been trying to get rid of his contract from the moment they signed him?

If you are comfortable this current roster minus Ryno will beat the Warriors in the playoffs, then yes, give up picks to dump Anderson. Just keep in mind from that moment forward, the only way you are adding anybody to the roster is with the tax payer MLE and vet min contracts for the next 4 years, unless you trade Eric Gordon... but he's pretty underpaid so it'd be tough to match his salary for a player worthwhile.

Getting some kind of contract in return (i.e a Bazemore) makes more sense than dumping him outright because at least you have some kind of tradeable contract for any future move, like you would say, the big picture. Morey always has stars in his eyes. If he moves his only salary-matching contract and gets no kind of tradeable contract in return, this roster is pretty much locked in as is for the next 4 years.

18. KellyUnchained

you're right about that bro. 100%

19. KellyUnchained

nope, didn't hear about the likelihood. just that there were discussions. SAC is reportedly still interested in Bjelica, who's better than Anderson. but they would be doing Ryan a huge solid. he's from SAC, won high school championships there, and said he would like to retire a King.

Deuce, slothy420, jch1911 and 7 others like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydybm97k

Houston future first, Portland future first, rights to Gentile, Vince Edwards & Portland 2nd rounder to SAC. Rights to Hartenstein to POR.

2018-2019 HOU Rockets:

CP3-MCW-Melton
    Harden-EGordon-Ennis
    PJ-Green-Clark
    Melo-Aminu-Qi
    Capela-WCS-Leonard

Trade Nene and/or Nanu for future 2nd. Sign Deng & Duval to 2 way contracts.

htxaf likes this.