1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] Succession

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Jul 18, 2018.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Anyone else watching? HBO does it again. Absolutely love this show.

theimpossibles1 and gatsby like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's incredibly addicting. I was iffy for the first 2-3 episodes, but after that it is awesome.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'm currently in the middle of episode 3, and it is pretty damn boring... and far too meandering. Hope it picks up.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, it's pretty good, unfortunately I'm current/caught up.

5. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Watched the first episode and while interesting I found a found a few of the key characters were a bit tough to sit through which I also understand was the point. Have been hearing some good things so need to give it more of a try.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Haven't even watched the trailer but I love the casting.

7. 713

713 Member

I am greg.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Great show. I hate greg.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  9. Svpernaut

I'm caught up, and overall it is pretty good... although I don't think it is up to par with HBO's quality. I hope that this isn't a sign of HBO trying to keep up with Netflix, as I think this is a series that fits better on there. It is on par with something like Bloodline.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Man, Kendall fell fast

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I really enjoyed it, casting is great and I think Brian Cox is great....

12. Svpernaut

Meth is a hell of a drug.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

HBO has been in quite the slump while Showtime and even Starz have gone on to develop hit shows.... let alone competition from netflix, hulu, and BBC.

While Game of Thrones carries the network, its too expensive for them to really reap any sorts of tangible rewards (other than extreme popularity)... and they've failed massively with high production cost shows like Vinyl.

14. omgTHEpotential

"I apologize if my bell summoned you." :oops:

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

16. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

just watched episode 1... man these characters are really unlikable. That baseball scene with the $1M offer for an HR was incredibly brutal. I'll probably keep watching, but i'm not fully invested yet.

17. Svpernaut

That's unfortunate. I am rewatching The Wire for about the 10th time right now, and I'd kill for a show of it's quality on HBO. With shows like The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Six Feet Under, Oz, Treme, Boardwalk Empire, The Leftovers, Game of Thrones and then limited series like Band of Brothers, The Pacific, John Adams, Generation Kill and The Night Of... HBO is supposed to be the cream of the crop.

18. omgTHEpotential

Was thinking of checking out 'The Night Of'... Heard a lot of good things about it.

19. Svpernaut

Just watched the season finale, and was completely underwhelmed. They introduced this huge dynamic rift that was actually entertaining just to have it negated moments later due to a cliché event.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

This is one of the my least liked HBO shows ever. The first episode is probably one of the greatest things HBO has ever produced.. It's sets up as a detailed, realistic journey through the criminal justice system. It ends up being a second-rate prison drama with a slew of pointless sidebars with inexplicable character arcs, and little attention to detail.

As for the acclaim, I can only explain it by critics only seeing the fist couple of episodes before writing their reviews, and then were to chicken **** to go back and correct their mistake as it rapidly wend down hill.

Kim, Rocket River and omgTHEpotential like this.