1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets determined to sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

assuming melo is here, he isn't capable defensively. that in turn has a domino effect on the entire team. major minutes with him and harden in a switch everything defense will result in mediocrity. Which obviously makes houston worse than what we just witnessed this past year

Sadboy and napalm06 like this.
  2. Texanstradamus

This team just not gonna defend next season what a terrible off-season for morey

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'd play James at the 3 and sign a real 3 point threat at SG before I sign Melo. Let him go to LA.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. tobster

tobster Member

So... That would worked against the Warriors huh? And where were you sitting?

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Sure, but would you pay $20m for Ariza and Luc for a year? I wouldn’t. I’m no Melo fan and I don’t want him here if he is going to lock us into some bullshit contract. But if he’s cheap, why not? He can score and Harden and CP3 will make that happen. If your basing that on his play in OKC then LOL. He was playing with a ball hog of all ball hogs

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We’ll always have that 3-2 lead. That was fun.

Deuce and justtxyank like this.
  7. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Melo is not coming in to replace Ariza or Luc. He is coming in to play power forward. If I'm wrong, then yes, Melo makes no sense to me. Melo had enough problems guarding 4s last year. Athletic, long 3s would just blow right by him. Also, please sign for the vet minimum Melo. We need that $5 M MLE for an actual starting SF. Warmly welcome James Ennis as your new starter, with Green backing him up.

Capela/Hartenstein
    Melo/Tucker/Ryno
    Ennis/Green
    Harden/Gordon/Duval
    CP3/MCW/Melton

#167 forchette49, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

answered this already

i would rather have ariza for the one year and compete with the same starting 5. let LMM walk bc he was leaving anyway and find his replacement. Over losing both of them only to pick up Melo.

9. tobster

tobster Member

But if Melo is scoring more efficiently (Based on playing with CP3 and his natural ability to make others better) during those minutes are we really going to suffer on defense? And in no way do I think Melo helps our defense. I'm saying we can find other guys for cheap who can fill the gap...

10. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

This offseasons been slow moving. Helps past the time lol

11. Royal Ace

Royal Ace Member

I feel right now that Morey is so obsessed with Melo that he kind of forgot about every else. I think Morey wants to acquire Melo (who's a star by name only) just so he can say Houston has a "BIG 3". I think 2017 is the closest the Rockets would be to winning a championship and every year after, Houston would take a few steps backwards.

On the bright side, Houston has Jeff Luhnow, who actually added more talent to a Championship team rather than letting the team step backwards.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

people believe melo is still this elite type of scorer. I don't. he hasnt been that type of player for awhile now

justtxyank likes this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Why wouldn’t you pay them 20 million for 1 year deals? Not like they signed long term deals that hinder us. Basically the only reason they aren’t here is because the new owner is too cheap to pay the luxury tax. The basketball reason to let them walk for nothing.

14. tobster

tobster Member

He is not elite anymore. But he can better than he was last year just by simply playing with CP3... And that is a player that can score way more than Ariza. He avg over 20pts/game vs our "defensive team" last year when he was "not very good" He would be a another scorer that our team really needs.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

how much is that really saying though. Going from terrible/inefficient to bad/slightly more efficient isn't exactly altering ceilings

16. koby1868

koby1868 Member

We already have one, not going to find anyone Better than EG at the 2

clutchdabear likes this.
  17. BackdoorHarden

Melo is taking the Jug Life 1 against 4 challege

18. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Didn’t Melo make a season high 3pt for his career last year and the best percentage?

19. BackdoorHarden

Melo is going to be like "CP , I thought you got this guy? Why you leaving me on an island???"

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Made the most in his career but not highest percentage