1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets determined to sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

well the rockets were fortunate enough to trot Ariza out there for 40+ mins. but hes still apart of that trio that allows the the rockets defense to be what it was.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

just reading that makes me cringe. in a matter of a few months these will be broken. Yule C

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let’s these people watch bro. They’ll say the garbage defense is MDA’s fault and want him fired.

4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

My guess is Maury has secretly given up this season, given that the GSW has now added Cousins. Don’t spend any money, except the no brainer of re-signing CP3.

Wait this year out. Next offseason there will be better FAs, Cousins will for sure bolt for bigger contract, and Ryno will be a huge expiring which hopefully will be much easier to move.

5. tobster

tobster Member

As far as I remember we got outscored still. At the end of the day you have to outscore the other team. CP3 can help us do that and we will survive the loss of Ariza and Luc...

6. Garner

Garner Member

No fan base has ever been upset to see Melo leave their team. What else do you need to know?

justtxyank likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course. im already anticipating that. theres a long list of names to blame ready to go

8. Mr. Space City

when melo jabsteps 20 times to chuck a mid range brick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cash Cam, pippendagimp and J.R. like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

last years team was capable of beating GS by holding them under 100 pts. Not once but twice. as of now, this team will not be better than that defensively and severely downgraded; cp3 isn't going to replicate that on his own

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Last year MDA and Morey wanted Olympics (Team USA) Melo. Guess that's still the obsession.

12. tobster

tobster Member

"as of now" on July 9th you are saying this... Please understand that. CP3 will make anyone he plays with much better offensively. The coaching staff can get the replacements to play defense. It's not out of the realm of possibility. What we needed more than defense was shots being made. But i guess I saw something different when I was at these games... SMH

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We're about to go from top 5 defense to bottom 10 defense next season.

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

you think im overlooking offense, while i think you're overlooking defense.

16. tobster

tobster Member

Our defense was switching everything right? How can you still not do that? Who exactly were they shutting down individually? Defense is important but what exactly did they do that was SOOO special that we should overpay them? Capella definitely deserves to get paid because he was special on defense. Get what I mean?

17. dmoneybangbang

This. I know we could have beaten the Warriors last season, but I'm not ready to commit that much to that iteration of the Rockets.

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

So Ariza and Luc gone and CC up in the air.. I’d like to think CC stays for at least QO since he hasn’t gotten offers elsewhere. Or has he?

Say we sign Melo for cheap, 1 year $5m - $8m or something.

Would y’all then be ok if we traded Gordon and Anderson and a few pics for Kawhi?

That would be a line up of:

Capela
    Melo
    Kawhi
    Harden
    CP3

With Tucker, Green, Johnson? and some random vets/rookies on the bench.

Yes it’s a pipe dream, but would y’all be happy going into the season with that?

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Just a rumor, but I heard with more defense that we had to make fewer shots...

There was this guy next to me at the games that was constantly yelling that the refs were good and that certain no calls were not fouls. He sounded like a dumbass then, and looked literally r****ded after the fact.

Sorry, ranting. I’m sure you weren’t that guy.