1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets determined to sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

you mean the 10+ other threads arent enough? more melo threads!!

Ryan_Success and malakas like this.
  2. MystikArkitect

Morey is.

Players around the league apparently aren’t.

Ryan_Success likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are u trying to imply that Melo and Ariza are on similar levels as defenders?

Trevor Ariza’s DRPM: 1.15
    Melo’s DRPM: -1.25

Ariza had a similar DRTG guarding the opposing team’s best wing...

malakas likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Damn, you were that close to the action and still didnt know what you were looking at. Luc and Ariza along with EGo carried this team many times for that franchise-high 65 wins in the regular season.

Now, if you want to blame Luc for having a bum shoulder before heading into the playoffs, thats on you. I think your disillusioned if you dont think Ariza and Luc made a difference for this team, especially when moreknees whole objective of last offseason was to get to a top 10 defense for the best point differential.

KlutchQT likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey risking his career for Melo.

He’s a true gambler

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24051557/la-clippers-luc-mbah-moute-reach-deal

The Rockets have lost Mbah a Moute, 31, and Trevor Ariza, and plan to ramp up a pursuit of Carmelo Anthony once he becomes available after a trade and buyout, or waive and stretch, with Oklahoma City, league sources told ESPN.

The Thunder could waive and stretch Anthony's $27.9 million salary -- saving the franchise $107 million in salary and tax -- within the next 7-10 days should they be able unable to find a trade, league sources said. The Rockets will be a premium consideration for Anthony -- along with the Miami Heat, league sources said.

seclusion and Vivi like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Imagine if he signs with the Heat

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh so spend it wisely as in what. give melo the difference in money LMM left for and more bc hes going to make up for both ariza and LMM

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Don't care, still #runningitback

:D

seclusion, Snow Villiers and treyk3 like this.
  10. tobster

tobster Member

You can wonder all you want. I was there. I was also there when we had the likes of Jeremy Lin air-balling 3s. We will survive the loss of Ariza and Luc. He shouldn't have come back with no self confidence. He told the team he could play but later admitted that he didn't have confidence in himself. But you think he will get back to his old self right? Until his shoulder gets dislocated again!

Rockets FTW likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Miami Heat?

I think Melo chooses the Heat then. Hopefully.

12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

LOL "risking his career" is a REACH

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ol i think u went to far...im a melo huy n i didnt want him at the expensive if losing almost all our defensive wings. So thats a false narrative that i cant let u make. I wanted melo.with last years team. N i repeat melo will be better on this team. But the rockets won't cause thier defense wont..not melo fault. He a scorer like harden

14. jboslett

jboslett Member

I don’t think either LMM’s or Ariza’s role is going to be easy to fill. I also don’t think it starts with Melo. It’s going to be 1 or 2 other under the radar types that we bet on to replace those two. Obviously a huge decision but I have faith Morey will make a couple good choices.

15. tobster

tobster Member

Is the MLE breaking the bank? You really wanted to reward Luc for his performance and not having surgery? It's called a sequence of events... No matter what Ariza wanted to get paid so he was leaving... Luc was trash... His defense is not why we won 65 games... the team's offense is what did that. You can't speak to him doing anything in the playoffs... so yeah...

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If Melo blows up in his face and we lose Capela next year what do you think happens to him?

17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

That sucks. I didn’t want to lose Luc. But he didn’t play well at all in the conf finals. Who knows how he will be after that reinjury. I really hope he gets 100% healthy even if he isn’t with the rockets. He is a good dude n should get paid. This offseason has been very weird. No signs aside from cp3 and our bench is looking thinner now. Losing Ariza sucked more for the leadership and locker room presence more than his shooting. Definitely his defense will be miss as well as Luc.

If we don’t sign anyone and just get Melo this will see like a very bad offseason for us. :/

Btw last season the rockets were Les team and we got cp3, Luc, and pj. Now under tilman we lose Ariza, Luc and Capela future is in doubt. Some for sure will blame him or his financial problems :p

18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

He sits on the iron throne with two stars and Rach by his side. We good.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that post wasn't even in response to you. what are you even talking about can't let you. it didnt even concern you in the first place.

and no melo does not make this team better. especially down Ariza and LMM at this point. 34 year old melo is nothing like harden as a scorer. you melo fans crack me up

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Smh yea like 6 months of recovery tends to give u more confidence. Not like 1.month. i mean does that even have to be said. Man badly hurt is shpulder n triee to come back for a playoff run. I dont fault him for trying