1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think Carmelo Anthony is likely to end up with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 29, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's definitely value there if he would just accept his limitations at this point with a lesser role. But again those negative questions are valid based on what he has said on multiple occasions

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

And melo doesn't fit that defensive culture based on what the entire world has seen

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Does Harden?

PhilCollins, DonKnock and PDJACK7 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

An elite impact player that the team is built around, obviously. I wonder why they surrounded this guy with 4 defensive players and then the team defense rose to top levels. Which then translated to the most success they've ever had against the only team that matters. Interesting.

A featured 34 yr old Melo on the other hand nope

#424 YOLO, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He does fit the offensive culture and that is important because that's the reason why the Rockets are looking to add him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

In a limited role sure there's value there

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's all anyone really wants at this point -- an above average scorer that can light it up occasionally.

rammo and napalm06 like this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Of course dude there's a difference between Patrick Beverley and Chris Paul.

9. rammo

rammo Member

NY/OKC Melo has had a few “defensive mixtapes” over the years to rival those Harden ones from a few years back. Pretty hilarious some of the vision. And like Harden, he’ll have the no defense stigma attached to him for the rest of his career. No arguments from me.

Enter CP3 - you have to think through his leadership and the culture shift of this team, he was able to extract something out of Harden defensively, to a point where the constant jibes and blooper real stuff completely stopped. That’s saying something. Harden wasn’t DPOY by any means, but he started to contribute. Same will go for Melo. Buy in, stop with the antics and contribute something defensively. It’s not like these guys physically can’t defend. It’s mindset, and it becomes contagious if your winning.

10. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Luc Mbah a Moute sorry if misspelled is being asked to wait for the Carmelo signing then he will be signed for the defense. James Ennis is the back up plan to Luc IMO. Carmelo starts at the 3 and backs up Tucker at times and also get up shots with the bench.

11. mockster

mockster Member

Well said but age does have a slight factor in decline in certain abilities but I agree.

rammo likes this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is just facts. I've seen this come to light in the nba for years with players like Carmelo Anthony.

rammo likes this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Melo will go to play for whoever gives him the most money.

14. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

melo will take our ISO ball philosophy to the max, i foresee a lot of 2 point isolation plays around the key by melo, which is mathematically the worst possible 2 point shot, long, ugly and inefficient.

I don't think Morey would be happy with that.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wasn’t happy watching Eric Gordon trying to do isolation by himself while Harden and Paul had to rest.

There has to be a wild card on this team. Green used to be that but Melo is the ultimate wild card. He could turn a 9 lead game into a 20 point lead if he goes off.

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Welp! Aye my bad.

17. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Melo would not go 0-12 in a game, 0 FT attempts, or 0 pts in a game playing 42 minutes. Only 0Reeza can immaculate such a donut.

Fulgore likes this.
  19. s3ts

s3ts Member

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No... The modern Melo can definitely have that level of **** game. Ask an OKC fan.