1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think Carmelo Anthony is likely to end up with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, May 29, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Melo wouldn't see the floor either with his great defensive iq. Yup a guy who doesn't even understand what side to be on a pick in a switch everything scheme is increasing this team's chance of beating GS. He couldn't even handle what Utah did and find some way to be effective but apparently he'll be fine against a much better historic team

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Warriors just signed a "washed up" Cousins! I wonder why championship minded people think this way lol

hakeem94, dc rock and Fulgore like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

If he accepted he needs to be in a limited role sure there's value there however there's countless pages addressing that issue already

T. Will tha Don and HP3 like this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Please... Melo knows exactly where to be on the court he just has to buy in and CP3 knows it. That's all that really matters. As great as defense can be you have to have multiple threats on offense hence why Melo is more valuable then Ariza/Anderson... Durant and others don't need to be chillin on defense.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Based on what. You guessing? As usual. Video and reality says otherwise. Yeah at 34 years old and what 15+ years in the league the excuse of he just needs to buy in needs to be applied and assumed

What he needs to buy in is at this point he needs to be in a limited role, not featured like he still acts like he can be

HP3 likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Melo has long been known for his meticulous skin care, fresh cuts, and professionally laundered clothing fragranced with Smells of Teamwork by Chanel .

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Video and reality of last summer when all three were playing pick up ball is all there is so far. What are you basing your assurances on? Melo is not in rocket red yet with CP3 and Harden.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pick up games at 24 hr fitness is your basis here? Utterly hilarious. You melo fans crack me up

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

The ONLY reason for this is the fukn Dysfunctional NY Pricks c-blocked him to Houston

Stop it with the BS.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You're not even trying 1.1/ 10

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No that's all the basis you have as far as any video evidence of Melo/Harden/CP3 since your saying video and reality is proving Melo will make us worse. Where is that video evidence and reality you speak of? I want to see it.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's plenty of it that's been posted. Feel free to catch up on the pages and search button

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Man there is no video of Melo playing with CP3 and Harden while not buying into their team philosophy. That is all in okc and other dysfunctional situations. There is reason why guys like Tucker and Gordon look so darn good playing with the Rockets vs other teams. There's also a reason why Victor Oladipo looks so much better in Indiana. Understanding the dynamics of how to be powerful with power is better than just being ignorantly powerful with power... it does more damage than good.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

I'm pretty sure OKC runs the same switch defense we do, dont quote me on that though.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

My post: Melo doesn't even know what side to be on defensively against a pick "Video and reality". confirmed true.

Your post. "Please he knows where he's supposed to be". False

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

It doesn't apply though bc it's okc and not Houston

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Just because a guy is caught being in the wrong spot on defense doesn't mean he doesn't know where the right spot is. Melo will be a hall of famer and has a bright basketball mind. Many other nba legends will agree with that.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Multiple times ok. What's the next excuse

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

I think the only argument I can give for Melo.....is that.....well he'll be cheap and better than Ryan Anderson. He also may be easy to get rid of. I say this as a guy who really wants to believe he can be an impactful player again.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

There is no excuse either a guy is playing hard on defense or he's not. Either a team believes in playing defense or they don't. On this team in Houston the defensive culture changed when CP3 signed on with the team.

hakeem94 likes this.