1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Melo Thread] Woj: OKC and Melo to part ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 6, 2018.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

2. rserina

rserina Member

Everyone said the same thing about Paul with his mid-range game. I also find it ironic that everyone complained about us not having a post up or paint threat in the playoffs. Melo would help there.

ilovehtownbb and 523744 like this.
  3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

At this point, I hope he comes here. He is a hall of fame player. Obviously he has declined, and never been a good defender, but I’d be perfectly happy with him taking all those shots ariza bricked all year. Having him is better than losing ariza and not getting anything. He wasn’t great in OKC last year but Westbrook and PG are nowhere near the same creators as harden and cp3. I think he will be put in better positions to score and be efficient here. You guys are crazy if you want to just take the roster as is.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/chris-paul-traded-to-rockets.283581/

looks like everyone was on board with cp3. not sure where you got that from. you must be talking about broussard in which case nobody cares what he says

6. jayfree

jayfree Member

If this was between Boogie and Carmelo and the Rockets had to chose one: Carmelo all day.

7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

9. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

If we sign Melo, our window is officially closed.

10. mockster

mockster Member

I’m not an insider, I hear ramblings from people I know sometimes when I get to link up with them and I don’t want to be that guy that knows somebodies Cousin. Really I just take it with a grain of salt.

All I’ve known is that melo was always gonna be coming here and never stopped having instrest but was gonna give thunder a shot based on that situation with Knicks. He’s tight with cp3 and cp never stopped wanting him and neither did rockets. DWade has a high probability to come here if both melo and cp are here but the only reason he would not is wanting to live in a better city towards the end of his career and the possibility of getting more then we can offer but that doesn’t seem likely for him now

Rockets think melo will do well here compared to his stint in okc, they aren’t looking st his bad season with them as a turn off. All about fit and let’s fave it cp3 makes everybody a little better

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

All these insiders

DonKnock likes this.
  12. mockster

mockster Member

Lol I’m not an insider so good luck with that

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Pass. I prefer Boute to start

Sadboy and clutch citizen like this.
  15. rserina

rserina Member

Haha. Not Broussard. More the write-ups all questioning how slow-paced, mid-range shooting Paul would fit in a SSOL, especially alongside a ball dominant Harden. D'Antoni adjusted, Harden adjusted, Paul adjusted, and it worked. If Anthony is game, that can work, too.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

But you’re ignoring one small minor inconvenient truth.... WE DONT HAVE ANY MONEY. please tell me what moves you think this team can make to significantly improve our 3 and D system? I’m all ears.

With boogie going to GSW we need to ditch this “let’s just stay the course and hope and pray we can somehow stumble onto a significant piece”. IT ISNT HAPPENING.

We’re not beating this warriors team as we’re currently constructed. If you believe we are then you’re nothing more than a homer. There’s no one out there that is going to significantly alter the odds in our favor so I say we say f*ck it and take a flyer on Melo... what’s the worst that could happen? We don’t win the title? Well that isn’t happening regardless. So welcome Melo, pray to god he’s reinvigorated playing w his best friend and on a real contender and go from there.

Period.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Do we even have playoff minutes available for Wade?

18. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

our window will be closed if we don't sign him so what's the loss

19. Sanity2disChaos

You guys kill me.....!!He will be in the Hall of Fame and this is the respect he gets!!! I’d hate to call y’all family!!

Crazy how you humble yourself after realizing what you actually play for (after the money of course). Tooooo many Melo haters and no solutions. Melo will be fine.

The hate is ridiculous tho!! Those who keep pushing out statistics are seeing half of the big picture. Things are always fluid....

20. Rocket_Man_2.0

If Rockets are serious about competing with the warriros...signing Melo is a no brainer. OKC didn't know how to use him. He'd be a much better player in Houston. Melo and Beasley would be solid off the bench!!