1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Updated 7/6

Marcus Smart - RFA
    Jabari Parker - RFA
    Jusuf Nurkic - RFA
    Zach Lavine - RFA
    Montrezl Harrell - RFA
    Rodney Hood - RFA
    Kyle Anderson - RFA
    Patrick Macaw - RFA
    Brook Lopez
    Trevor Booker
    Dante Cunningham
    Corey Brewer
    Wayne Ellington
    James Ennis
    LMAM
    Treveon Graham
    James Nunnally
    Gregg Monroe
    Isaiah Thomas
    M. Beasley
    D. Wade
    Shabazz Napier
    David West
    Shabazz Mo
    Jamal Crawford
    Vince Carter
    Alex Len
    Jahlil Okafor

*Tony Parker - signed with CHA
    *Kyle O'Quinn - signed with IND
    *Nemanja Bjelica - signed with PHI
    *Mario Hezonja - signed with NYK
    *Dante Exum - RFA - signed with UTAH
    *KCP - signed with LAL
    *JJ Reddick - signed with PHI
    *Tyreke Evans - signed with IND

*Jeff Green - signed with WSH
    *Mike Scott - LAC
    *Lance Stephenson - signed with LAL

*GRIII - signed with DET
    *Avery Bradley signed with LAC
    *Anthony Tolliver signed with MIN

*MCW - signed with HOU
    *Amir Johnson - signed with PHI

*Kevon Looney - signed with GS
    *Dwight Howard - signed with WSH

2. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

3. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Where would it put us if we signeed melo and traded for love? Do we win a 7 game series against the warriors?

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We will be swept 4-0. Our defense will collapse like a pack of cards.

D-rock likes this.
  5. 50/fifty

50/fifty Member

Does a pack of cards collapse?

6. j3i

j3i Member

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a pack of cards. Checkmate.

BigMaloe, bilaal14, DonKnock and 5 others like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Since we are not hardcapped, everything is OK as long as Tilman is not in financial trouble and any player additions are via Salary Matching Trades or fit within our remaining exceptions -- the mini-MLE and Veteran Minimums.

DonKnock and RocketsFan247 like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm still confused as to why you are willing to let him go into unrestricted free agency 2 years from now. This isn't Terrence Jones or DMo we're talking about here. You don't throw him an offer as if he's your 6th or 7th best guy and expect him to take it, no questions asked. He's not a max player but what he provides Harden, Paul and the rest of the team is a rarity to find again. I'm not saying it's impossible but if you already have the kid on your team, who CLEARLY wants to play in Houston, then why don't you set him up for financial security now at like 4 years $75 million rather than give him a number I'm pretty sure he'll balk at? What a 3 year $40 million with player option after Year 2 does is put him back on the market but for whose benefit? Certainly not a mutual one that's for sure because then he can go whereever he damn well pleases after Year 2.

IMO, $17 million a year is a nice, right-on-the-money value salary for Clint Capela.

D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Translation, I play much better in regular season than in playoffs, since Phoenix has zero chances to play in playoffs , chances are I will get another rich deal next summer.

D-rock, Baqui99 and brosef like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

How do u expect to defend the Warriors with Melo and Love playing big minutes? So many of y’all place no value on defense. The Rockets only shot at beating GS is by having an elite defense. The Rockets will never beat them in a series trying to outscore or outshoot them. Nobody will.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I know he’s not Dmo but he’s also not Harden. It’s not that necessary to lock him up for 4 years especially when it’s a lot of money for someone that isn’t a top 20 player in the league. I already stated the Player Option was to his benefit; but it’s not like if he takes that deal he’s adamant to leave Houston after he opts out. We can max him out after seeing him play for two more years. It saves us a lot of money right now. We’ve seen how different two years can be on the free agency market.

It helps us out because it buys us time and saves us money.

It’s not what he was expecting but it could be seen as a better situation than taking a qualifying offer.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'll just leave it that we're of differing opinions on what constitutes as a "good faith" offer that is beneficial to both Capela and the Rockets.

Zoplicone likes this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Possibly or we would outscore the hell out of them..could the warriors defend us either?

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

That sounds really ignorant, he played his butt off against the guy that whole league proclaim “unguardable” for SEVEN straight PLAYOFF games! He had quite a few moments throughout that series. It really wasn’t his fault that luc was injured and couldn’t ease his minute. Show some class and appreciate for what he has done for the team and fans would ya.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lakers? No chance

OKC? Potentially, if Roberson comes back healthy and no Melo.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cavaliers Explain Why They Plan On Keeping Kevin Love

Koby Altman explained why the Cleveland Cavaliers plan on keeping Kevin Love despite the departure of LeBron James.

"The years where you're non-competitive aren't fun," Altman said, in his first public comments since James agree to leave the Cavs and join the Los Angeles Lakers. "And I know that's hard to build a culture that way and we've had a great culture of winning because of LeBron and that infrastructure that he brings right away. And I'd like to capitalize on that.

"You won't be nearly as good if you lose a player of that magnitude," Altman said, speaking of James. "But we can still be competitive, we can be tough, we can be skilled, we can be talented and we can still use that culture that's sort of been embedded these last four years."

The Cavaliers have insisted behind the scenes for weeks that they would not trade Love.

Love is owed about $50 million over the next two seasons, and the last year is a player's option.

Altman said they would "explore opportunities with the roster in general," but "as far as Kevin goes I don't see how you get better doing that."

"Kevin is an All-Star and you don't get better by moving Kevin," Altman said. "Kevin's been incredible for us for four years and he wants to be here, and to me that's a big part for guys that are here and the guys that we're gonna acquire, is that they want to be here and be a part of this new chapter and culture that we're creating."

Altman rejected the possibility of the Cavaliers tanking.

"To go the complete opposite direction, which we've been through, is not fun and it's hard," Altman said. "It's hard to sort of come out of that. And the unknown is really daunting to me.

"I really like what we have now and I don't necessarily want to go backwards."

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  17. rockets13champs

It’s a bad idea. Bc their first round pick is top 10 protected in 2019. This is just to create leverage in a trade for KLove. He’ll be traded by February

BigMaloe, Plowman, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  18. riko

riko Member

I’m surprised Philly or a team on the cusp is not after love. I think Love was misused in Cleveland. They took him out of the post and used as three point shooter for Lebron to have space in his ISO plays.

Love is a beast in the post

19. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I interrupt this cyberx thread for an important announcement. All posters please report to a Melo thread. Does not matter which thread, just report. That is all.

20. malakas

malakas Member

Yup.
    All this "it's not fun if we trade him" is pure BS.
    It's also not fun to have to pay tax while having JR and TT on the books.

And what kind of culture was embedded to the Cavs the last 4 years? From what it's been known lately it was a circus from day 1.

jch1911 likes this.