1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 3, 2018.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

These are not facts. Anderson scored 19 pts grabbed 13 rebounds and 1 block in the playoffs.

He is definately over paid. But a lot of his struggles this year were due to injury. He was never the same after spraining his ankle and never got back into rhythm. I do think he can help us against the warriors when healthy. But this year MDA should not have sat him 10 games in a row then decide to throw him in last minute in game 7. Even so, look at box score, Anderson checks into the game and Harden got b2b layups in the first quarter. He makes our offense that much better. Without him we never come close to getting CP3, Rockets couldn’t have predicted the market and cap smoothing issues that are happening now. It sucks that with the jump the Warriors got Durant and we got Anderson, but there was nothing else out there for us.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow, never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined a Rockets fan would be upset about Ryan Anderson's contract. This is vital information and deserved a brand new thread because Lord knows this has never been brought up before. Thanks OP for a refreshing and new take. :rolleyes:

#62 cml750, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    BigShasta, topfive and napalm06 like this.
  3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

How about in your narrowest dreams?

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not facts?
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anderry01.html

You are the one lying when the hell did Ryan Anderson average 19 pts 13 rebs and 1 block in the playoffs!? Even if you added all his stats this year in the playoffs it wouldnt reach 19 pts and 13 rebs wtf you straight up crazy.

When did Anderson even average double digit rebs in his entire career? You are delusional stop posting and get yourself checked for dementia wtf.

All it takes is a look in the boxscore and realize he was -12 in a game the Rox lost by 9! You should be ashamed at the lies you have been posting wtf you living in a crazy world where Anderson averaging 19 and 13 bruh if he did that nobody would be hating on him.

I guess thats why you think he isn't as bad thats because in your crazy mind he is averaging 19 and 13. I apologize I didnt realize I was talking to somebody crazy now I feel bad wasting all my time typing this to you. He only averaged 10 mins PT per game MDA should have played him 30 mins then Anderson would score 57 pts and 30 rebs 3 blocks per game amirite?

#64 roslolian, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol I didn’t say average. I said in total he had 19 points 13 rebounds 1 block for entire playoffs. All 3 rounds just pointing out it wasn’t all 0s. And it was meant to be a joke that you clearly missed on..

I’m just saying he’s a lot like Luc. Both their performances in playoffs were due to injury. If both were healthy I think we woulda won.

napalm06 likes this.
  6. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Potential landing spot for Ryno. They also have past rockets targets - Iman Shumpert and Kosta Koufos

napalm06 likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Send Anderson back to his home town, Morey!!!

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Time for Kings to be useful for once.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Then why did you say they werent facts? You just spout BS without any basis for it. If a dude's total is 19 pts and 13 rebs for all 3 rounds then that just shows he is not worth playing.

Last year Anderson wasn't injured but he still shot 28% from 3. His career playoff average is 5 pts per game. Are you saying Anderson has been injured every time he went to the playoffs? Dude is a playoff choker, his game doesn't translate once the playoffs start because he cant make shots if he is guarded.

Even if Anderson was healthy his crappy defense and his hesitation at shooting will still cause the Rockets to lose.

He is miles away from Luc because Luc when healthy was 3rd in defensive rating and he recorded the largest point differential in NBA history at +40.

You have to have a basis for everything you say and the facts show Anderson always sucks in the playoffs, whether it was in the Magic, NO or in Houston thats why he has a 5 ppg average.

10. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

and Kelvin Cato.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Minus the whole "We don't want any more PFs."

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article214035079.html

League sources, however, said the Kings view Parker as a power forward, a position the team is not looking to add.

The Kings took power forwards in the last three drafts, including Marvin Bagley III second overall last month. The Kings are also high on Harry Giles, who had 11 points and 12 rebounds against the Heat.

The team is focused on developing its young bigs, not adding more to the mix that also includes Skal Labissiere and veteran Zach Randolph.

That's why a trade makes the most sense for the Kings to address small forward or find a first-round draft pick for 2019.​

Vivi likes this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You people going after the Ryno better watch out

Rocket99, AB83Rules and J.R. like this.
  13. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Who would have thought Eric Gordon's deal would look like a steal, and yes Anderson's deal is bad, hope they can deal him, while not giving up too much assets. Had it been for LeBron fine, but not for Melo.

14. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I was very happy to see this, hate poachers, animal lover here, they got what they deserved IMO.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Because 0 0 0 was not a fact. Regardless of totals or averages. He didn’t average 0,0,0.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

He averaged 0 0 0 rounded down in the series against GSW I never said he was 0 0 0 the entire playoffs so what I said was still a fact. If you average it his rebs assist and pts don't even reach 1 and since theres no half a pt or a quarter of a block his average is still 0 0 0 meaning if you put him in a random game against GSW he won't produce anything.

For the entire playoffs he averaged 1.7 pts 1.2 rebs 0.5 assists. Sure technically thats not a 0 0 0 but thats just splitting hairs now isnt it? It doesnt change anything, whether you are a 0 pt scorer or a 1.2 pt scorer thats still unacceptable. He is still trash, a 1 dimensional spot up shooter that only averages 5 ppg in the playoffs and is always a huge liability on defense. If MDA didnt play him at all we might have won since he was -12 in the game the Rox lost by 9.

So just stfu about Ryan Anderson, he doesn't deserve to be on the rotation in the playoffs as we have seen this year and last year.

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Sure sounded like you did. You wrote 2018 playoffs 0 pts 0 rbs 0 blocks. You did not say against warriors.

I don’t know why anyone gets soo worked up about Ryan Anderson anymore he isn’t even a concern for me. The -12 is a horrible stat to go by. Harden and Capela were both -13 and Ariza was a -15 Were we not gonna play them either? Just cuz he checked into the game when Scott Foster decided he wasn’t going to call fouls for us anymore doesn’t mean a thing. Top 3 concerns for Rockets next year.

1. CP3 health
    2. Adam Silver
    3. Scott Foster
    4. Boogie Cousins
    5. Who da heck is playing Arizas minutes.

#77 RHU525, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

If he isn't a concern for you then stop saying he isn't that bad, duh. You spend all this time defending the dude suddenly you say he isn't a concern for you. Then just stfu about Ryan Anderson you better not post about him again since he isn't even a concern for you.

Also excuse me for not saying his 0 0 0 was against the Warriors. Because his 1 1 0.5 average for the entire playoffs is SOOOO DIFFERENT. Omg, he actually had 1 pt and 1 reb, how could I have been so blind? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

For someone who just said Anderson is not his concern you are awfully defensive about Anderson's stats, why are you splitting hairs between 0 pts and 1 pt? Do you think that makes any difference? You think just because he had 1 pt instead of 0 that makes him good? It doesnt matter what stat you use Anderson sucks. End of story.

#78 roslolian, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Can someone please give me a cogent reason why RA still hasn't been traded?

20. esketit

esketit Member

AGREED! the kings have no chance at a title in the next decade, might as well help us out