1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Garner

Garner Member

This is a bad post full of bad opinions.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

so the other 20 other Ryan Anderson threads weren't ****ing enough? what are you discussing here?

cml750 likes this.
  3. jayfree

jayfree Member

So I did a trade machine Anderson for Kawhi straight up (Salaries match) and apparently the Rockets win total is adjusted to (-2) with Kawhi.

Conclusion- Anderson is better than Kawhi

malakas likes this.
  4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Worst contracts ever? I bet there are worse. Let's check it out.
    Bad Idea Jeans: NBA Front Office. Knicks edition.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vivi, Rocket River and malakas like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

How is Anderson not as bad as I'm making it out to be?

2017 Playoffs 28% 3 Pt
    2018 Playoffs 0 pts 0 rebs 0 blocks

All those two are facts, they are what happened. Please explain to me how I'm not right? I am the most objective person on this board regarding Ryan Anderson, and thats unlike other people here who have him pegged as Dirk Jr and the God of spacing, I have actually watched tons of Anderson footage since I am always getting crap from Anderson lovers these past two years.

I'm not being a crybaby I'm just replying to people who are way off base when they say Anderson isn't that bad. You have to nip these BS claims in the bud because the reason MDA played Anderson in game 7 was because everyone and their mother including Barkley was telling him to put Anderson in.

Moving on from Anderson is a big joke as he is still on the roster. Whatever the Rox are gonna do in the future Anderson will still have an impact on that. Burying your head in the sand doesn't make him go away wtf.

ak99999 likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Knicks were never a contender so while those contracts are horrible they arent as bad. Its like giving an terminal patient hepatitis, he already gonna die anyway.

Anderson's deal derailed the Rox contender status and cost us a ring last year when it was still achievable. Now GSW has 5 all stars and looks unbeatable and we might even lose Capela to FA.

dc rock likes this.
  7. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

The trash that keeps on giving trash.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This is revisionist history. After Howard left and D'Antoni was hired (not a popular choice, by the way), the Rockets tried to go after Al Horford and Kent Bazemore on big deals and were left out. With no other shooters on the team, or really many available on the free agent market, Anderson and Gordon were a package deal. Gordon was obtained at a bargain contract and Anderson was an overpay. I don't believe the Rockets would have been an attractive location for Chris Paul without Anderson and Gordon's contributions to a 56 win team.

Easy, RHU525 and Rocket River like this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I mean it is what it is. We will never know what trades or whatever we've missed out on because RA has been so bad. We just know that by last off-season, trade packages featuring RA were DOA. Oh well. I think we'll just have to sit with his deal until it expires, and at that point we'll probably still be over the cap so we won't be able to bring anyone in anyway.

CP3/Harden/Capela is our team, for at least the next 3 years. Let's just hope Harden and Capela can improve and CP3 can stay somewhat healthy. It's not ideal but it's a better position than most other NBA teams are in.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. jj3469

jj3469 Member

Ryan and Gordon plus pick for Kevin love and jr Smith. Which team says no?

Abraham Rodriguez likes this.
  11. macan

macan Member

**** you ryno

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Call me a crazy homer but I am not ready to give up on ole Ryno
    At least not Regular Season Ryno
    I think his contact is not THE PROBLEM but it is A PROBLEM
    I have no doubts that Ryno can have a bounce back season that will make him
    an attractive trade option . . at least not the negative he is now
    The Rockets will play up him coming back form injury

IF Ryno can be a 12 and 7 guy by december . . .I think he becomes infinitely more tradeable

Rocket River

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This should Go Big.

macan likes this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey needs to call these scientists:

luckyman76, J.R. and rocketman84 like this.
  15. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

NO VALUE? LOLOLOL.

He was productive in half the spurs series 2 years ago. Bad home games. He was key player in our strong season 2 years ago and strong start last year. He got injured . Rhythm ruined. He doesnt match well vs GS defensively. Not alot of players do. Kevin Love really wouldnt be any better in that department btw. Ryan Anderson is plenty useful during the season. His contract is the only reason we even have a chance at acquiring someone in the first place for salary matching. If we didnt have it, wed have to truly gut the team for any move. Having him on the roster isnt keeping us from anything this offseason.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ESPN changed the Kawhi trade calculation in case Pops uses it, so he'll drop his asking price. It reports all trades as making the Spurs better and the other team worse, especially the Lakers.

jayfree likes this.
  17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Warriors + Ryno Contract vs Rockets.

PatBev likes this.
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I dont hear you people whine until playoffs start to come, and remember who never gets plays ran threw him or gets on the court. But in the regular season, when he got on the floor, cp3 found him in the corner for some hot 3's, maybe if he gets more shots. I'm serious, you people hate on him because he's white and overpaid. Just get over it already. Wonder why he was avg 17ppg-6 boards in Orleans coming off as 6th man. No ball hog harden on the team. Just saying.

19. riko

riko Member

The way the cap is and teams not willing to spend it would take a monumental effort by Morey to offload him and not take a even worse. Contract in return .

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL @ white white knight