1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 and the convenient NBPA mask he hides behind

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hajkov, Jul 3, 2018.

1. James&PaulAttornysAtBall

This is legit such a disappointing post. Cp3 is a max player and already took his pay cut to come here. He’s the President of the NBPA and has done tons to give the player back some leverage and power. Be mad at them cowards in Oakland who all taking pay cuts for easy rings and then trolling the league when Klay says something along the lines of teams got to try harder to beat us. Eff everything Oakland stands for. Lebron is going to make more in 4 years than he made in 11 for Cleveland, why couldn’t he take a pay cut? Why couldn’t Ariza take a pay cut? Why is Capela’s agent trying to get the best offer?

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

whether CP takes 30 mil or 40 mil makes no difference in our situation in the near future, so I don't know what people are b****ing about really.

Anderson is the problem here not CP

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

C'mon man. When was the last time a player said that winning a ring was secondary to the money? I mean no one actually says that. I think a player can make max money and still make the argument that winning a ring is what is most import to them. I think the reason CP3 plays for the Rockets instead of many other teams is to win a ring.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

sipithree shoes look so ordinary and 90s. dunno why i bought his shoes a few years ago.

5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Warriors just signed a MVP caliber player for $5m to be their fourth best player, while the Rockets lost their starting SF and best defender for nothing. For all intents and purposes the championship window has closed.

There is enough legit reasons to be pissed off right now without making new sh*t up out of thin air to piss over. You canceled your league pass OP? No one gives a flying F.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

FIFY

8. onreego

onreego Member

Nice. OP found a scapegoat reason for CP3. :rolleyes:

The Warriors benefitted from a several things. Being allowed to be trash by the owner to get top picks that they were able to sign to long-term deals at the right time with bird rights AND a single season cap boom that allowed them to sign KD who didn't even give Houston a look cause Dwight Howard hates winning more than he likes playing for himself.

We'll see what pay cuts Green and Klay are willing to take soon.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

CF is full of fortune tellers who can predict CP3's worth four years down the road.

I'd love to see some of you faced with the option of taking a 50% pay cut to make your company better, especially when you don't receive any of the company profits and get nothing for the rise in value of the company from year to year. Sure, you'd do it must because you're "not greedy."

Whatever. LaBron was always going to Hollywood. The only error there is that we as fans thought any other city stood a chance. Boogie signed on the cheap because NOBODY wanted to give him the max until they see what he can still do. A bad attitude combined with reduced skill does not make a max player.

I'm not even THAT worried about the cap and the luxury tax after this year, because once that gambling money starts to enter into the equation (and make no mistake, the sports leagues WILL see a royalty of some kind), the cap is going to go up like it did after the TV contact money hit.

10. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Lol this is more like a fan wanting a perfect player. Guess what you cant have everything unless ur a gsw fan. And even their dynasty will soon end.
    I want the best pg and sg in the league to bring me championships and lebron but i dont want to pay them the max. okay. Thats like i want the most beautiful woman in the world but she should be super low maintenance.

11. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I can create my own threads regardless of anything. It is my point of view, and it is called freedom. Even you can do it.
    You don´t have to agree with me. Others didn´t...
    But you are the only one that needs to stop this little arrogance of yours.

#bewell

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Nah, it's still a good chance. Will definitely take it. There's a reason nobody was calling Boogie and he had to make the call to the Warriors himself.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It's just facts. Read up on how Demarcus was signed to learn about how he wasn't getting any offers.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats where youre wrong. it seems your the one who needs to do more research. come back when youve done so

16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

https://theundefeated.com/features/...state-warriors/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

There you go buddy. Need a quote?

“I was f—ed up,” Cousins said. “I said to Jarinn, ‘Let’s make a call.’ He was shocked. It was very insulting to not receive an offer. But I understand. I prepared myself for this.”

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

you need to do your own research and put things together. of course you're only going to believe what you want to believe

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

No actually i believe what Cousins himself was saying. I don't know what your basis is.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that you're that naive to believe he got 0 offers. like i said do your own research and put the puzzle pieces together instead of being simple minded and only being able to have tunnel vision

offers you don't like is not the same as not getting offers. try to let that sink in

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Do my own research? So I should interview him? That's a direct quote, chief. You are the one who assigning an interpretation to his quote other than the most simple one, i.e. that there was no other offer. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of his comments.

Feel free to cite your sources to counter my simple minded non-research.

Anyway, we've gone off topic. Sorry mods. Yolo, i disagree with your outlook, and i hope i'm right. Cheers.