1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] GODZILLA vs KONG

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

#1 Xerobull, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Deuce and Clutch like this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm always down for some Godzilla.

3. Buck Turgidson

Always down for a good monster movie. Go Go Godzilla.

Xerobull likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Let them fight!

Thankfully not an Adam Silver production where the two monsters would team up to kill a few ponies.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Is it normal for teasers to be released two years in advance?

TheFreak likes this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This "teaser" is actually just the post credit scene from King Kong, I don't even think it's an official company release. That channel just releases fanmade trailers and passes them off as such.

Still I'm hyped. I've literally never been disappointed by a Godzilla movie save for that fake Godzilla in 98. There's a Godzilla movie next summer.

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Please let this be a good film. King Kong recently has been meh. Godzilla has been pretty bad.

I'd love to see this done well.

For those who don't know the original Kong movie? Folks in Hollywood still don't know how it was done in 30's technology.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gidorah should be bad arse.

9. Xerobull

‘The Nun’ Star Demián Bichir in Negotiations to Join ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’
    BY JEFF SNEIDER OCTOBER 17, 2018

SHARE TWEET

[​IMG]

Hot off the stunning success of The Nun, Oscar-nominated actor Demián Bichir is in negotiations to join Julian Dennison (Deadpool 2) and Brian Tyree Henry (Atlanta) in Legendary’s upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong, Collider has learned.

Adam Wingard is directing the film, which will be the fourth installment of the Godzilla-Kong cinematic universe, following Gareth EdwardsGodzilla, Jordan Vogt-RobertsKong: Skull Island, and Michael Dougherty‘s upcoming Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Warner Bros.will release the monster movie on May 22, 2020.

[​IMG]
    Image via The Weinstein Company

The rest of the diverse cast is rumored to include Black Panther‘s Danai Gurira and returning King of the Monsters stars Millie Bobby Brown, Kyle Chandler and Zhang Ziyi, though only Dennison and Henry have been confirmed at this time.

If those three actors do survive the events of the Godzilla sequel, then that’s a pretty damn good cast for a big-budget creature feature, and yet, an actor of Bichir’s caliber still represents a major coup for this franchise. I thought he was excellent in A Better Life, which earned the Mexican actor his Oscar nomination, and he was great on TV shows such as Weeds and The Bridge. More recently, he starred in The Nun, which is now the highest-grossing title in The Conjuring universe with a worldwide haul of nearly $360 million, and he also appeared in Quentin Tarantino‘s The Hateful Eight.

Bichir’s upcoming credits include Nicolas Pesce‘s reboot of The Grudge and Doug Liman‘s adaptation of the popular book Chaos Walking, which stars Tom Hollandand Daisy Ridley. He’ll also star in and produce the ABC series Grand Hotel. Bichir is represented by CAA.

Godzilla vs. Kong is currently slated to open one week after a new Scooby Doo movie and the sequel to A Quiet Place, and one week before Disney unleashes Maleficent 2, though it currently has its release date over Memorial Day weekend to it

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wait, no Brie Larson, acting in profile with her tank top? Argh!

Guess I'll have to make do with Captain Marvel and Avengers 4, which are likely keeping her busy.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looking at Adam Wingard's credits on iMDB...I'm a little surprised by his selection for this movie. I guess they see something in him but he has done NOTHING like what they are asking him to do on Godzilla vs Kong. I hope he doesn't screw it up.

12. what

what Member

I don't like these kinds of movie simply because new filmmakers are always giving king kong and gozilla human-like personalities which breaks my suspension of disbelief.

13. B-Bob

And we know your suspension of disbelief is already fairly powerful based on some of your love interests.

Jontro likes this.
  14. what

what Member

Yeah, I'm learning that.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. Xerobull

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rashmon and B-Bob like this.
  16. B-Bob

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Godzilla gonna rustle Kong's jimmies. That much I know!

18. B-Bob

[​IMG]

19. Xerobull

GODZILLA VS KONG FROM CCXP LEAKS ONLINE
    Matt McGloinPosted: 12/08/2019 - 23:531 Comment

Godzilla vs. Kong footage that Warner Bros. showed off Sunday at the Brazil CCXP convention has leaked online.

Users on social media posted the video which shows Godzilla battling King Kong on top of what looks to be an aircraft carrier.

Kong takes a swing at Godzilla, with screengrabs also featuring the roar of the great ape. Worth a mention is that we see Kong is all grown up now, as he looks to be similar in size to Godzilla. Skull Island did reveal the bones of Kong's parents which were a lot bigger, so we know that eventually, Kong was going to get larger.

Check it out below.

Godzilla vs Kong footage:
    [​IMG]
    Komrikmania@komrikmania

Masih dari #CCXP, ada snippet baru dari GODZILLA VS KONG (plus bonusan Scooby dikit)! Walaupun filmnya delay, kita setia menunggu.

One. Will. Fall. And GODZILLA will stand as the one true King of the Monsters. As Paul Heyman says: It’s not a prediction, it’s a SPOILER.

[​IMG]

4:47 PM - Dec 8, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

31 people are talking about this

[​IMG]
    Nicholas Whitcomb@Whos_Nick

Shots from teaser footage of #GodzillavsKong at #CCXP19

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warner Bros. also recently announced that the flick's release date has been pushed back to Nov. 20, 2020, from the previous March 13, 2020 release date.

The reason cited for the delay is said to be due to getting the movie right, as Warner Bros. Studio Chairman Toby Emmerich mentioned back in June:

As far as franchise fatigue with Legendary’s Godzilla: King of the Monsters tanking, Emmerich said that next year’s monster movie Godzilla vs. Kong “will deliver for fans in the way they were looking for” in the latest Godzilla. “It might come out later in the year, so we can deliver an A+ movie” said Emmerich.

Insiders have also offered that the movie is "huge" and "impressive," "large-scale," and "spectacular."

The movie is directed by Adam Wingard; according to IMDb, returning for the film includes Millie Bobby Brown and Kyle Chandler, with newcomers including Alexander Skarsgård and Eiza González.

20. Buck Turgidson