1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State gets its Boogie on (Cousins signs with Warriors)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2018.

1. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Wattafuuuu

Seriously?

Well hope ... nvm let’s see how he fits there first.
    But boogie going for 5M what a joke.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm clinging on the fact that Cousins even as talented as he is, is a black hole since the Pelicans did better after his injury last season and he doesn't really fit into the Warriors offense much.

3. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

can they renounce and re-sign ?

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Can't stay healthy and plays the one position we don't need.

I feel like we almost have to try to move Eric Gordon to get better. I like him, but there are guys we could sign like Bradley and Tolliver that could play his spot, there's no one at the wing that can make us better.

Nook likes this.
  5. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

at last! someone we can attack with Ryan Anderson! <chortle, chortle> these boys are goin' down!

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If they renounce him they'd be limited to veteran's minimum or a new MLE contract.

He isn't looking at a multi-year stint with the Warriors in my opinion unless he doesn't return to form in enough time to earn another contract.

ickaruto likes this.
  7. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I'm not even asking as a Rockets fan: Come on, NBA, grow some $#!@ing balls and sign with the next best team to finally take these bastards down. Don't sign with LeBron, he's not going anywhere this season and neither is any other team. Get with the guys who won 65 games and came one hamstring short, kill the Warriors, win a ring, and make yourself look like a hero for saving basketball in the U.S. Doesn't that sound better than just punting on competing for another year?

JusBleezy and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

not really true. Took time to play well together, but they were much better with boogie. They got on a roll and he got hurt and they maintened high level of play, but they werent as dynamic. People saw that portland sweep and just assume they were better. Took time for gentry to figure out the pieces.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Whats the point of the NBA now?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We have to start considering the law of diminishing returns with this team. On most nights, at least two of their stars will have role player stats and impact. Three stars maximizing their impact on a game with role players contributing beats this team with too many players who don't know how to be role players.

Richie_Rich and The Hunted like this.
  11. fchowd0311

I'm just trying some wishful thinking here. It's depressing.

We went from possiblity of LeBron to loosing Ariza and the Warriors adding another superstar level talent.

****ing shitty offseason.

Harden needs to trancend to Jordan level basically.

12. fchowd0311

Let's hope that is the case. Let's hope that the Warriors well oiled machine gets clogged up.

13. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Not worried at all. This guy has never won anywhere he's been. All this does is save some other team from wasting a lot of money.

14. TheresTheDagger

God I wish I was in front of Adam Silver right now. I would straight up ask him as a fan of "NOT THE WARRIORS"

Why should I watch his product next year?

I would straight up support some sort of group statement by teams/fans to the NBA next year. Maybe have all starters sit when the Warriors play you or if that isn't possible, have the fans group boycott all Warrior road games.

This **** is completely out of hand and speaks to horrible league leadership.

DonKnock, slothy420 and Nook like this.
  15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Or to Tmac 13pts in 33 seconds

16. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Hey, atleast we resigned an aging, injury prone CP3 for $40 mil a yr, who cares that we lost one of our starters, we can still try to resign Luc Mababootay, yep that'l show the Warriors & the rest of the league! Morey plays chess guys & the rest of the league plays checkers... Boogie Cousins ain't got jack on that one Euro prospect we're gonna sign that shoots like 55% from the European 3 pt line, things are looking up baby! Lebron's already shaking in his boots at the thought of our overpowered lineup! We gonna run it back baby! 65 wins last season! Leggo!

(Sorry I'm depressed right now & sarcasm is my coping mechanism)

deb4rockets, BigO and RasaqBoi like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

This.

I am frustrated with the league when it comes to officiating and player movement.

The off-season for the Rockets has gone about how I expected. We were really hamstrung and knew it could be brutal.

I am surprised that the Warriors were able to get a guy to turn down tens of millions of dollars for 5 million thoufh

DonKnock, slothy420 and justtxyank like this.
  18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Best reddit quote(so far) -

RIP Lakers Bandwagon 7/1/2018 - 7/2/2018

gatsby, DonKnock, Swiss Roll and 5 others like this.
  19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Imagine if Switzerland loses tomorrow. Capela will be having the worst week ever.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member