1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. TheSource

TheSource Member

One would have to think Anthony Davis could become available ?

2. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I wonder if Morey would have signed CP3 to that ctr if the Warriors getting Cousins wld have happened first?

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's a great way to make them babyfaces. He comes back and plays well in the playoffs and all anyone in the media talks about is how inspiring he is lol

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Call anthony davis. Pelicans might as well rebuild... capella ryan anderson and something for davis

BigShasta likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Boogie was always going to be one of the last of the big names to be signed. His injury was no joke, especially for a big.

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I saw a report, but Aruba just mentioned it was a bogus report.

clutch citizen likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's no coincidence that Otto Porter Jr. Is named after his father...much like how Chris Paul's son is also a Jr.

8. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

and the way to rebuild is to trade their young superstar for the worst contract in the league?

malakas and jnuge90 like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

This cult stuff is making me question all logic. Good job man.

BigShasta and steddinotayto like this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This isn't propaganda either. It's clearly in the numbers. The Wizards can save millions in luxury tax if they simply trade Porter to us and take back Anderson and waive him

11. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

A list of big-man achilles injury in NBA:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/1...njury-golden-state-warriors-this-is-the-worst

malakas and D-rock like this.
  12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Fuuck it, offer Gordon and every possible future 1st allowed under the stepian rule (unprotected), all the 2nds, Llull, Zhou and see if the spurs bite for Kawhi

13. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'm interested in knowing more about this movement.....that or some version of a branch davidian variety....

steddinotayto and D-rock like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edit: @Caesar beat me to it (re: Stern/Hornets/nixed trade)

It sucks Golden State is doing what they're doing and David Stern pulled a b**** ass move reneging on the trade but David Stern & the NBA owned the Hornets. Not that hard to understand. The NBA does not own the Warriors (though the Warriors own the NBA;)). Warriors are not breaking the rules. They had an exception, they used it on Cousins. The Rockets have the same $5.3M exception. Their owners are paying the "penalties" aka the luxury tax.

They hit the perfect timing.
    Steph was only making $10M because of his injury history
    Klay had signed a rookie-scale extension (Signed rookie scale contract extension on Friday, October 31, 2014.)
    Draymond signed a (less than max) extension (Signed July 9, 2015 for 5 years, $82,000,000)
    and you had a spike of the salary cap so they were able to sign Durant.
    PS: They drafted all 3 of those guys (+Barnes, who they let go to sign Durant)

No, I hate to say but Adam Silver should not step in because "they're too good". Credit to their front office(#lightyearsahead) who built this thing and credit to their players for taking less. (I actually fall on the other end, go get paid. Yes, even you Ryan Anderson. Who the hell am I to tell Chris Paul or James Harden or LeBron James or Russell Westbrook or Paul George or even the likes of Allen Crabbe & Ryan Anderston to take less money? So because the Warriors take less, now everyone else has to sacrifice their money too? If they want to, great but otherwise...)

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd call the Spurs and tell them we will trade them every asset we have, Capela, Gordon, Llull, Hartenstein, Zhou, 1st rounder, 2nd rounders, cash...if Kawhi stays good, if he bolts i trade Harden, Paul etc and start a full rebuild, would actually love to see Daryl work his magic in that scenario.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Too early.

Trade deadline still a long ways away. Still time to build value in our players while Kawhi devalues himself by sulking or not playing.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I no longer care what the Rockets do. Just give me a fun team to watch and I’m cool. I’m apathetic at this point.

DonKnock and onreego like this.
  18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I didn't watch a single second of the finals and advocated on here that people did the same.

19. aroundtheblock2

Boogie may never be as good as he was again and there's a 100% chance he won't be that good at any point this upcoming season.

This signing changes nothing.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What a insider says is meaningless at this point since we know Warriors winning 3 straight chips.

DaonlyLA likes this.