1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela is sad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2018.

1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

What about Brooklyn, no?

2. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

dear CC
    take Moreys offer
    you will be a rich man.
    Dont be greedy.(remember DMo)

tycoonchip and Bobsputin like this.
  3. hakeemthagreat

There's zero chance he doesn't have a plan, but the plan he DOES have could totally backfire & us left with a "experiment" at center? That sounds like us not having a real plan bro lol

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know you guys want Morey to low-ball Capela but don't forget that he can still take the qualifying offer. Sure, it would be a risk on his end, but he could opt to try and test out next year's market.

I don't think it is wise to piss off agents and players either. Capela needs to be given fair market value. Some of you saying that he is worth $15M are kidding yourselves. I'm not saying he is worth the max, but he is worth more than $15M in this higher cap era.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I hope Clinty has enough self awareness to understand this. He cannot create his own shot outside of rebounding and put backs. He has no range. He's not a passer. Can't hit FTs. He has struggled with playing heavy minutes. I hope he stays but if he doesn't he better go to a team with several play makers otherwise his playing career will suffer.

fattz and Sajan like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think Clint is worth more than $15 million, but I'd like to sign him for around that in year one. A short deal with a player option. We give him what he really deserves then. One can dream. A lot depends on the market. As pointed out above, some clubs might think he's a great fit with the Rocks, but not so much for them. Our system usually hums along because we have two future Hall of Fame point guards.

7. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Didn't the front office meet with Clint today? Has anyone heard about how the meeting went or anything?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. jj3469

jj3469 Member

Could it be soccer related? I know he loves it. I have zero soccer knowledge or interest

napalm06 likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

So what you really want, then, is for Morey to have a foolproof plan.

Yeah, good luck with that.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Could be sad about Spain, maybe?

I just want to see how long this thread goes based on an emoji. Here's my contribution.

fattz likes this.
  11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea Clint tell your agent to not get too greedy. Remember what happened to Dmo.

12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I doubt is about the World Cup.

Only Spain and Denmark lost.
    Sweden will play against Switzerland and they play until Tuesday.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  13. ballhog409

ballhog409 Member

I don't understand why some people think that Capela would get the max. This is not like a couple of years ago when there was a big jump in salary cap and teams were handing out ridiculous contracts. He is an excellent role player but as others have pointed out, he has his shortcomings. I would argue that his value is on par with those of Tucker and Ariza (last year). They were paid in the 7-8 million range. I would guess that he would get a slightly bigger contract for 1 year and 7-8 million range for multiple years.

I also don't understand how bad his free throw form is. Don't we have a shooting coach? It is very clear that his shoulders are too perpendicular to the basket so his right elbow flares way out to the right. On his initial move, he pushed the ball left and then has to compensate by going right at the top. You can't have a consistent shot that way. He needs to turn his shoulders to the left so that his elbow can extend straight up and also have his hand behind and under the ball so he can have a better release. I think doing those 2 things can help him have a more consistent shot. Is there an opening for a shooting coach?

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

That's a good point. As of right now they don't have cap space but when they buyout Dwight they should.

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If we lose Capela to the Lakers. I'm gonna be pissed.

I'm fine with Capela going anywhere besides another rival in the West.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've thought about this before imagining how he would play on another team. I have not considered though how that could effect his next contract. Meaning if he continues to improve and still plays with Harden and Paul it could also make him more money in the future. He will only be I'm guessing 27-28 at the end of this contract.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Your logic is actually insane, bro. Morey gets no credit for having the plan to actually get Capela in the first place - takes all the blame for the hypothetical scenario you cooked up in your head.

Scarface281 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Lakers no longer have the cap space to offer Capela a max contract.

19. horig#25

horig#25 Member

Doubt it. Albani... I mean Switzerland will play on tuesday.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

GSW just need to pray hard that their core players won't be injured during the playoffs. Their bench has now been stretched even thinner.