1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Big Risk We Should Consider (not a short post)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jun 27, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

So you are saying the Finals MVP and multiple all star Iggy's impact is equal to Luc who just got signed to vet min? Lol

I dont think the Rox are just lucky but GSW has 4.5 stars on their team, its not a shake to say they are better than 2 star Rockets. If GSW was injured/burned out like this year and the Rix are healthy then they will be better but if both teams are at 100% the ceiling of GSW is obviously higher. 2 mvps+2.5 stars I mean dude, I love the Rox too but lets be realistic here.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. Iggy is getting old
    2. Cost of a player does not demean their value

Rocket River

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Let's hope Morey's new math has something to it. ;)

Lawlruschang likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You assume the probability goes in linear direction. Which part of "one year older" do you not understand?

Where did I say they were going to get worse? I said significant collective improvement of Ariza, Gordon, Tucker, and Moute, was unlikely. Do you disagree? Why do you just look at Ariza's number? Do you think Tucker will shoot .467 next year too? These averages fluctuate. Thank you for pointing out sample size.

Again, you are assuming linear progression. Are you arguing that a 28-year-old will improve at the same rate as a 24-year-old?

I did not argue that the Rockets are getting significantly worse. Don't argue against strawman. I am arguing that the Warriors were clearly better and if either team came back the same, the Rockets' chances of beating them would not be good. The Rockets could get worse due to their age, most notably CP and Ariza. The way you keep using past "empirical" data to prove your point shows that you totally neglect the factor of age, which is the very first point of this thread.

Do you anticipate that the officiating will be different next year? If not, what is the relevance of your point about whether the Rockets have a good chance of beating GS if we stand pat?

Reeko and YOLO like this.
  5. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

what moves can gsw make? they're already in luxury repeater tax hell and already blew their load on igoudala and livingston contracts. they dont have much to work with.. maybe just a vet or two. they've drafted pretty bad during this whole 3-4 yr run and jordan bell is not a difference maker at all other than setting illegal screens. they've already reached their ceiling with the 2016/2017 team and it's not going to get any better. 4 all nba players?? draymond is anything but all-nba.. c'mon stop giving them so much credit. and since when was curry ever considered a player who can consistently stay healthy?

the margin for error was actually bigger than you think. the rockets got absolutely no calls, were without their HoF pg and still were blowing them out in the first half of both games 6 and 7.. and the rockets won 3 games before that in spite of terrible officiating. we just need a rotation player or two who MDA can trust so that players aren't gassed in the 2nd half. and that's something morey can address this offseason even without going for the homerun free agent.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pretty much more of the same as what you posted earlier. the homerism clearly illustrated as well once again. You try to downplay curry as someone who cant consistently stay healthy, yet hou's own key player has an even worse track record than that. Because he plays for houston it doesn't apply? No, it doesn't work that way. GS has already reached their ceiling? ok. even if that were true, the rest of the nba is still catching up to it.

No, the margin for error was not bigger. that makes no sense. You see GS's ceiling even when either KD or Curry go down. They barely miss a beat bc they have another mvp and multiple all nba/all star players to fall back on. What happens when one of harden or cp3 go down. that ceiling collapses into what we've seen before cp3 got to houston and thats an early playoff exit team. you also fail to acknowledge the dog fight game 4 and 5 were where the game could of gone either way

#126 YOLO, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Easy likes this.
  7. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

why are there so many closet warriors and lakers fans...:rolleyes:

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course a typical homerism response.

especially from someone who just joined a week ago. theres a closet fan here for sure.

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

Morey has had his eye on Cousins for awhile. He's going to continue to increase his risk profile so this is plausible.

I'm not comfortable giving a huge contract to a guy who can't shoot and isn't an all-star. He wasn't even part of our own "death lineup".

Meanwhile, Cousins has had many great games against the Warriors, and getting players who are good against them is really all that matters.

10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

is homerism your favorite word?
    and ya i guess you can call me a closet fan. i was lurking around this site since it was called clutchcity. sad that someone who joined this site much earlier has no faith in our team. great fan you are.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure. seems like you were probably trying to join the lebron wave.

come back when you actually have something valid to say related to the discussion rather then accusing someone of not being a fan when youre in no position to do so

12. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

you actually think the warriors have a chance at beating an elite team in the playoffs if KD goes down? lmao...hes the one answer to a switch everything defense because he can shoot over anyone. curry and klay can't get their shots off if a team switches on every screen.

13. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

i only joined now because i couldn't take any more of you warriors/lakers loving clowns spewing even more nonsense.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao? oh i wonder what the GS warriors were before KD got there. oh thats right a championship team. try again

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

aka you tried to hop on the bandwagon #fakefan

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NO.

Cousins is damaged goods...and has a crappy attitude. This team has beautiful chemistry...Don't want it messed with.

You're only thinking about one side of the ball. DC can't switch on the perimeter...and that is but one thing that makes CC so valuable.

CC isn't going to get maxed out, and will be taken care of last...after all the other moves.DC has that massive contract.

CC is still improving....going to put on some more muscle/fill out too.

What was our record when CP3, Beard, and CC were healthy?

Were we not on our way to a title until the League office said, "we can't have that" and took it away from us?

We will add a lot more, but getting rid of CC and bringing in DC isn't the move.

clutchdabear likes this.
  17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

oh... guess i'm the only one who saw them lose to the cavs in 2016.. and they only beat okc bc of a massive chokejob.. and they only managed to beat memphis bc conley was injured..bc bev and dwight were injured before that... they never swept thru the playoffs like it was a cakewalk before kd arrived. seriously... your warriors fan goggles are truly showing.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh ok. homerism goggles on once again. i guess GS didn't win a championship without KD. i can tell im talking to a little kid here. its past your bedtime. go to sleep

19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

ughhhh.... seriously... bc my join date on a fan forum site constitutes everything about my fanhood. :rolleyes:

20. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lol.. typical bay area millenial response... calling someone who's likely much older than them a kid.