1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jeremy Lin] "One of the best things I ever did was confront James Harden"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Snow Villiers likes this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Waiting for the hardcore Harden d-riders to ***** and complain that Harden doesnt have any faults and Lin should know his place.

lw17 likes this.
  3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

[QUOTE="Know Your Role, post: 11850343, member: 48973" Do guys really pay attention to other guy's bodies?[/QUOTE]

Lol, what a weird thing to say...I assume Lin was referring to the delivery of the message from harden. Not intently watching hardens body.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

BRING HIM HOME!

ryano2009 likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree. Sound message. Sad that the message will get spun into something completely different about Harden. This won't be the only thread on this speech...lulz

wait . for . it .

from the media (I'm lookin at you Skip) ... or McHale or Howard

Can't help but think any celebrity would know a graduation ceremony speech with a story naming names has a good chance to be spun away from the message to the kids. If I were Lin, I would have chose a nameless story, or one about just my family.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

People has dirt on jim and now stories about people confronting him and gaining confidence, all this coming out after his mvp trophy, leave our boy alone man ****

heypartner likes this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lin is completely right. One of the things that pissed harden off about Howard was because he would never tell harden what he wanted. Howard was a passive aggressive little b**** harden hated that ****. I remeber harden saying Howard needs to demand the ball if he wanted to post up instead of pussying around.

Why do you think harden gets along with Chris Paul so well, because CP doesn't shuffle his words, he says what has to be said.

8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Lin mistook Jim's anterior pelvic tilt as aggressive posture and body-shamed Harden. :(

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Bring back the three musketeers

[​IMG]

Vivi, ramotadab, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

jesus
    jump pass
    airball
    racism
    airball
    trade
    racism
    jump pass
    jesus

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

brother you crediting @freemaniam for this find?

12. hakeemthagreat

Lin is trash. The best thing that happened was Lin getting his azz traded outta Houston. Im still mad at the Portland game where Lin cost us that game smh

TEXNIFICENT, rockets1995 and tinman like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dunno man, first of all most of the time its not good to "Stand up to your parents". Unless your parents are wack most parents love their children and only want the best for them. If they're getting in the way of your dreams to be a writer and telling you to take a boring management course instead then maybe its because 99% of aspiring writers end up as low paid teachers in trashy schools. They are older, they are wise and they dont want you to make the same mistakes they did. Lin is super smart he graduated from Harvard so he doesn't have this problem but most kids dont know whats best for them thats why telling them to "stand up to their parents" might not be a good idea.

Secondly Lin is getting an honorary degree here thats why he is giving a speech but couldn't he speak in his moyher tongue or something? Considering he has plans in promoting in Taiwan or China maybe he should have taken some time learning his native language.

Finally according to his story Harden was saying the right thing. Maybe he should have focused on that rather than Harden's poor body language. Maybe Harden was telling him to not keep dropping the ball during crucial moments in the playoffs. I dont see how standing up to someone when he is saying the right thing supposed to garner respect, it just makes you look like a fool.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

i read your body language breh, and my body, too, is ready.

15. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Here's a body big enough for many languages:

Keep it Socratic

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. esketit

esketit Member

corey brewer licks his lips at this trio

BigggReddd and hakeem94 like this.
  17. alethios

alethios Member

It was the gang signs Harden was flashing that probably intimidated Lin.

tinman, apollo33 and Jontro like this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I mean Jeremy after Harden won the MVP, you are acting classless. Know your place in the league, which is a below average Guard, that can't play Point. Why didn't you confront Kobe after he cussed you out, many times. Too afraid to fight? Jeremy Lin is getting hacked and hit in the paint for a reason. Calling out other players.

tinman likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No, because I don't agree with how he posted the message, nor burying I.D.I.O.T. stuff in toxic @swyyyguy Lin threads, nor the fact he didn't post a timestamp, and I had to listen to the whole freaking thing, with the translator interludes...grrrrr

tinman and hakeem94 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.