1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It would feel odd giving it to Lebron after he got swept by the same team Harden beat three times and lost only because of an injury.

Shush it big boy.

2. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I have a different perspective on the PG 3-part special. If it does lead to the Lakers (which I agree is likely) then I think it is then less likely Lebron goes there too. I can't imagine LBJ would let PG be the de-facto announcer of the joint move. Even if LBJ announces his own move after or simultaneously, it looks like he is following or deferring to PG. I think this means PG alone to Lakers or he stays in OKC.

BHannes2BHonest and dkoune like this.
  3. rocketseagles07

Lol no matter how you look at it that’s lebrons team. PG “being first” is something he couldn’t care less about

saleem likes this.
  4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

This is actually good point, but I just don't see any other team landing LBJ other than the Lakers at this point.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is a huge reach

6. rocketseagles07

Lol beyond reaching... “no I’m not coming, I was, and my family and kids wanted LA, but now that pg went first I’m not” lmaoooooo

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I agree. It's a different perspective.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I have thought about this quite a lot. Sacrifices will have to be made by all the 3 superstars. They would have to share ball movement and take turns at scoring. CP3 might adapt better to Bron. Bron will have realize that Harden is option 1 A or even 1 when he gets hot. Bron too will be option 1 in the front court. All the 3 players are
    natural passers/scorers. Iso's will go down, and the role players eg Capela , PJ, Luc or Ariza will hardly miss a shot as the pressure to score will go down a lot. It wouldn't be easy, at first , but I think it could work out.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst:

Paul George (& his documentary)?

When that came out today, there was some reaction in the NBA about it. Some execs said if he's already got the documentary, does he already know? That's one of the things that's been pervasive in the league over the last 7-10 days, that Paul George has already made up his mind, which knowing the Lakers are not allowed to tamper considering they've already been fined for tampering, does this indicate he's going back to OKC? Some people are viewing it that way. Some are planning for that and everyone will be watching if he leaves any hints in his first installment tomorrow.

Random Kevin O'Connor & Bill Simmons bits on the BS podcast:

BS: I heard Indiana is gonna make a run at Marcus.

KOC: Schroder very available.

BS: Still hearing Cleveland & Lakers, that's it? KOC: A little lane to Philly. That's still there but mostly Lakers & Cleveland.

BS: Where is he playing? KOC: (LeBron) Same prediction as last summer: Lakers. (PG) Could do 1+1 with OKC but leaning towards Lakers. (Kawhi) Sixers (Boogie) Dallas. Houston probably matches Capela.

BigMaloe, Vivi and rocketseagles07 like this.
  10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Not saying he wouldn't be fine with LA... I think, like the Cleveland scenario, he'd be on board with it. But if CP and Houston offer more money, I think he'd pick here. And if you were implying a HOU vs. LA market comp, I'll point out that 2 of the only 3 places over the past 12 months that he was willing to approve a trade to were Cleveland and Oklahoma City. I think for Melo at this point, it's about who he's playing with, role, money, etc.

That said, I agree with you that the Rockets probably wouldn't offer him the Taxpayer MLE. Just thinking out loud.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Oh, they would make it work; it would be truly interesting to see it effected. (Alas, if only...)

saleem likes this.
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why would a PG - -> LAL have to be considered tampering. If he sez, 'Lakes' then it's not as tho them Lake-folks are gonna say, 'Uh, no.'

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with you.

xiki likes this.
  15. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I think he and LeBron have been in cahoots for months and it's been LA all along.

justtxyank likes this.
  16. itsoktobealone

Ok, some of you mofos need some clearing cause y'all drolling so hard it makes me want to open a tissue factory.

First things first, PG is LA bound. Period. His girlfriend was with him last month filming a session in Cali for the documentary and she named it "special project" on snap. Now, could that be a "special project" to return back to OKC? I don't think so. Ain't nothing special in that. Also, he's gonna earn more money in LA, be a star, live with his folks here AND player compete with the Lakers. I won't even start with the other reports that ALL go in favor of him joining Lakers.

Second, Lonzo is not being traded. At least not now. Magic loves him, and they have been working together all season long on the game (weekly movie session). They love how the kid plays. Obviously, he's gonna work on it, but he literally doesn't HAVE TO ever fix his shot, the way he impacts the game is already enough and has a style of game every player in this league would love to play with. Not taking a lot of possession, getting rid of the ball fast, fast-paced transition. Everything the modern NBA today is. Just a smart kid playing smart basketball. And I don't want to hear this bullshit narrative anymore that he can't play off-ball with LeBron. If you actually spent some time in your life looking at things a bit differently, you'd see that at UCLA he played a lot of off-ball and was good. Even this year when he was playing off-ball in Lakers with Ingram as PG he was very good. Rebounding, reading the game and actually playing legit defense. So whether he gets traded in the long run or stays in the Lakers for years to come, the team having him is gonna be hella lucky. And the best thing...literally 95% of NBA players called the kid a great player with a great career ahead praising him in various fields yet some scrub from a Rockets forum calls him bad. Just FOH for real.

On to the elephant in the room. I don't know where LeBron James will land. For me, it's actually very simple. His decision on Friday determines what's gonna happen. I'm 100% sure he already knows where he is going as he knows the NBA landscape, is 15 years in this league and isn't a dumb person. But for the sake of argument, for me: If he opts in its gonna be Houston or Cavs. If he opts out its gonna be Lakers or 76ers. Now, what the FACTS are is that there has been very little to none rumors of him going back to Cavs. Same goes for Rockets. Everything is pointing in the direction of the Los Angeles Lakers but it's LeBron, you never know what's gonna happen until the moment he announces his decision. For what it's worth, some very credible guys have reported him being in LA next season. I'll leave it at this.

Moving on, I have read some of you saying we're gonna trade for Kemba Walker. Are you guys high? Or is there something I'm missing? WHY would we trade for Kemba Walker? What's the logic there? A ball dominant PG in a team that literally has already a PG that can play without all of it going through him PLUS possibly LeBron joining who's gonna have a lot of ball in his hands? Furthermore, we're NOT trading for Kawhi Leonard. I'll ignore the fact that Pop would rather trade him for a bunch of peanuts that do business with the Lakers, but why would we give up anything for a player that (if he really wants to) can just join for free next year? We'll make the space for that. Magic didn't trade for Paul George last year and they have made it clear several times that they are in there for long-term growth. If they want to join they're very welcome if not, the Lakers have their own trajectory.

This team's lineup next year will be a mixture of star players together with young guys that are going to be very good. Kuzma, Ingram, Ball have 'stars' written all over themselves and the Lakers FO ain't mortgaging future for anyone. The only two question that remains is whether we manage to retain Randle with all the people we (might) get this summer. I hope he signs with us cause he will be the perfect 4 for the Lakers down the road. Also, he's an absolute beast. (Dallas please **** off). And the second one is what cheap center we can get. There's several on the market (I was hoping for Dedmon, but...), including Lopez again who said he'd be willing to take a pay-cut if this was a contending team. We'll see what we can get with the remaining cap we have.

Finally, @malakas stop writing stupid **** please, you're just embarrassing yourself so hard. I'll ignore the fact that you're soooooo salty that you actually are wishing we sign Wall, Westbrook, Butler or....wait for it.... Howard/Whiteside (ROFL), and move on to the fact that you're calling Brandon Ingram a BAD PLAYER. A kid that in his second year, missing 23 games, averaged 16.1/5.3/3.9 with a TS% of .536 and shooting splits .470(e.497)/.390/.681. AT THE AGE OF 20. (Just for the sake of educating yourself, go check other good players at the age of 20 and compare it). All while being a stud in defense and actually showcasing great playmaking skills. Brandon Ingram > all.
    Now I'll put foaming at the mouth you're having aside, but please, there's a fine line between being a passionate fan of your team (which I completely respect) and just being a dumb troll or whatever you're trying to do with these kinds of statements. You're just making yourself a disfavor when the FACTS show different things.

Enjoy your evening guys. Peace out.

17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lmao:rolleyes:

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Dude we get it but the Lakers suck. They have for awhile. Luke Walton? Lavar? Deng? Lebron, PG2LA and kiddos are not better than Houston, GS and IMO Utah.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Laker fans are so obnoxious

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

all i know is that i saw someone actually quote Alex Kennedy in this thread. And that's just not right.

mikol13 and justtxyank like this.