1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Once upon a time in California, a young boy embarked on a journey with nothing but dreams and a basketball. His ambition, passion, and dedication lead him to Indiana, where he became one of the greatest basketball players in the world.

After a gruesome injury, many doubted his return and offered pity and remorse. The time off allowed the young man to apply his ambitions in other ventures off the court. These ventures allowed him to evolve mentally and with visions bigger than basketball. Meanwhile, his hoop skills and determination brought him back to the court. This time in Oklahoma City, where he lead the team to the playoffs to prove doubters wrong (what? Ok)

After conquering trials and tribulations in his journey of life, the young man becomes a hero. A hometown hero. The story of Paul George comes full circle as his ambitious dreams and his love for basketball finally meet right where it all started ... in California with the Los Angeles Lakers. The only franchise fit for Paul George’s final chapter in the NBA and beginning chapter of his dreams off the court.

Yuck

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

No, not so much.

3. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup.

Any sense for what Rockets backup plan is? Seems LBJ and PG are headed to LA. What is plan C?

4. HP3

HP3 Member

It seems like George is going to LA which is not good.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can't help myself, things like "i'm still in championship mode...you need high iq players...i want to play more offball" keep coming to my mind and...ugh...

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It will all make sense after he's done building his team in LA.

Look for Melo to join him out there as well if he gets bought out in OKC. That'll really help with the IQ lol.

Vivi likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

and...? make you laugh at the hypocrisy..?

I see the funny side. PG13 all his life has been playing in small market teams that barely anyone watched. He thinks it will be the same when he goes to LAL and shoots horribly in the playoffs? He thinks he's a superstar LMAO Can't wait to hear all the lakers fans cursing him.

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

@itsoktobealone

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Btw guys, Durant can still leave GS and force a sign & trade here :cool:
    :(

On a side note, i can actually see Melo give us a big "**** you for not trading for me when you had the chance" if he gets bought out...not that i would care, just saying.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Not sure if the Rockets would want Melo, but if he's bought out, if they do, and assuming CP is still here... I can't see Melo passing up $5.3M from Houston to play for the minimum in LA (no exceptions for LA since they're going under cap). Not that I'm sold on Carmelo being a difference maker for anyone, because I'm not, but I'd guess Houston is still at the front of Melo's "list" if that's a direction CP/Daryl want to go.

raining threes likes this.
  11. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

How does this affect Houstons pursuits on Bron/ PG/ free agent?

12. justtxyank

Sorry, I'm assuming the Rockets won't offer him the taxpayer MLE. Also, don't the Lakers get the room exception as an under the cap team?

Furthermore, if you read his comments after the trade last year it turns out he was fine with Cleveland OR Houston and had been under the impression he was going to Cleveland first (on draft night I think.)

Lastly, it's one thing to prefer Houston to Cleveland, but if Lebron goes to LA that's totally different.

13. brosef

brosef Member

DonKnock likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Hopefully. I also hope the third star they get is someone like Wall or Westbrook or Butler. Also Dwight in a buyout, or Whiteside. Then they can also legitimately open a big circus tent and have the TMZ stream their lockeroom.

In the end they will be paying Lebron 35+ millions until he's with one foot in the grave, only to manage to make the second round of the playoffs for a few years, and be devoid of any assets, picks or young players.
    We will be back here again, talking about their new rebuild.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I sure hope so.

16. brosef

brosef Member

I suppose another story we might see from PG choosing LA is OKC listening to calls on Westbrook. He isn't going to lead them to a chip alone, you had a damn good chance to convince players this was a title destination and you couldn't muster up more than a 6th seed.

I wouldn't want us to get in on that but id imagine there will be no shortage of trade offers.

Edit: PG goes to LA and Westbrook is brought in as their third star. That would be funny.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst:

July 8th, July 11th last two decisions. What timeline are we looking at this time?

Informed opinion: he's speeding up his cycle. Took his vacation early. He doesn't need to analyze the situation. He knows what's in front of him. I expect it to be quicker this time around.

LeBron & Kawhi connected?

I felt they were going to mirror each other, even if not on the same team. After the way the Spurs have reacted to his demand, I no longer think that. Spurs have sent out they're in no hurry. When LeBron makes his decision, he'll make it independent of Kawhi.

MVP announced tonight?

LeBron won't be Susan Lucci. He won't sit in the stands and watch someone else accept the award. He has known he won't win it. It does feel odd to have this after everything & Rockets coming up short but it'll be a great night for Harden.

mikol13 likes this.
  18. justtxyank

LOL A Susan Lucci reference haha give the man a chocolate covered twinkie.

GOLD JERRY!

19. Maverick Floor

What do ya'll think of Bruno Mars covering R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly"?

I'm not saying it's going to happen. But I thought he would make a good rendition.

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

People still not realizing or wont even try to that this is Reg season award, welp it doesn't surprise me since it came from Windhorst.