1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USA Today: suns plan to offer max to capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 10, 2018.

1. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

malakas likes this.
  3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If Phoenix really wants to pay him the Max... let him go. If Dallas wants to pay him the Max let him go... we'll get another Capella... this isn't 2010 or 2000 or the 90's... just need someone that doesn't overly suck and can set a hard screen and catch in the air. We can adjust defensively.. Tucker is a beast at 6'5... ,donkey is 6'7... i mean seriously... I'll take Deandre after a buyout, or even Tyson Chandler after a buy out at this point... this is a pg, sg league now. We have two of the best in both positions. Just keep those two happy!

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dallas is going after Cousins, they need another big name.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Redick did the exact same thing last season, got a big pay rather than sign with a contender. Chandler did the same three years ago, pretty sure there are other examples out there. I still don't see Trevor go there cause i'm not sure they'll offer him a starting spot but, i wouldn't write that off if he wants to get paid like it seems, a player like Trevor can be important and so worth big money (if on a short deal) for a team like Phoenix which will try to become somewhat competitive. I still hope we can find the right compromise in terms of years and overall money with him in order to keep him here, but after what ch44 said i'm prepared to lose him.

Agreed with this.

The Mavs drafted the most ready player and traded a future 1st, that tells us they want to come out of the rebuilding process as fast as possible, and that's not shocking if you think that Cuban and Carlisle are the owner and the coach there.

With that said yeah, looking at their roster, they need defense and a legit scorer/big name there, i still won't write off Clint cause when i think about defense, Clint would fit well next to Dirk but, considering that:

- you know Cuban also needs/wants a big name
    - they were already after Cousins
    - Cousins is unrestricted (unlike Clint)
    - Cousins wants to get paid and NOLA might not want to max him, especially considering they played very well without him
    - they already got screwed when tried to screw us with Parsons, they might not want to risk that again
    - The pick they traded to Atlanta is protected in top 5 only, there's a good chance they might end in the lottery and lose that if they don't get better by signing someone, and going after a restricted guy of a team over cap is a pretty big risk, good chance you won't get the player anyway and at the same time lose the unrestricted one.

I'd say there's a good chance they go after him, i only wonder if Carlisle is really ok with getting Cousins, on paper doesn't look like a great fit lol.

#365 Vivi, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Rox>Mavs and malakas like this.