1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. Coach E

Coach E Member

I hope he goes to LA and realizes that all franchises aren’t ran the same. All coaches aren’t the same

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Can someone TL’DR @heypartner post for me....

[​IMG]

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

“Read”

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Can someone TL’DR @BigMaloe post for me....

[​IMG]

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Sounds like he’s mad they diminished/misdiagnosed his injury.

And this...

D-rock likes this.
  7. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Lebron would end up retiring midseason citing a lost love of the game. Melo and Westbrook would have Lebron trying to win a ‘ship for the Browns.

8. aroundtheblock2

A team with DJ and Kevin Love would get absolutely smoked by the Warriors. Adding DJ makes it worse for them. I don't get people's infatuation for DeAndre Jordan over here, maybe its all because hes from Houston.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

When a Frenchman questions your heart...that's worse than @swyyyguy status.

Heyyy swyyy. Attention check. U doin ok bro?

10. malakas

malakas Member

It makes a lot of sense for PG to stay in OKC for 1+1.
    Why waste a year in a lottery team babysitting immature brats in LAL if Lebron doesn't come, while he can keep playing with another superstar?
    Its only 1 year so that keeps all his options open.

And if it happens I expect Kawhi's trade price to get higher.

11. basketballholic

I cannot imagine George subjecting himself to another season of Westbrook torture. I don't care what the media says about him liking Westbrook. ...NO SUPERSTAR wants to play with Westbrook. The only reason I think he would sign a 1+1 deal there would be because he can't go to a team or situation he wants in free agency but wants to force a trade midseason.

But he can walk to his home town team, the LA Lakers, where his family is.

Think about it. Why waste another season playing with a teammate that you have to steal the ball from to get a possession, that has no offensive strategy other than give Westbrook the ball and the other 4 guys set picks and screens and clear out of his way, and if you do manage to get to the playoffs, at best you're knocked out in the second round? Why would George or any other great player want to do that? No chance to win a championship. And Westbrook going over your back to get the ball away from you? No thanks man.

And then there's the complicating RISK to George of injury.

If he's gonna do the 1+1 thing he'll do it in LA. Don't pay attention to all the media hype and follow the masses. He has no reason to stay in OKC. NONE. And he has a lot of reasons to leave.

George wants LA. And there's no reason why he shouldn't go to LA. He's simply running out the clock in OKC and giving them false hope to keep them off his back.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

times are changing, stars now want to go to the Lakers...bringing in Magic Johnson has changed everything for them, he’s doing what the Knicks hoped Phil Jackson would do

13. itsoktobealone

Oh boy I wake up and I see this glorified post by WOJ AND RAMONA. WE ABOUT TO BECAME THE MOST HATED FRANCHISE AGAIN WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GO BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

On the side note...guys, if we really get Kawhi y'all are screwed :D

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

(Kawhi?) Kawhi's intent going in to the meeting was to make clear & expand on his trade request. In his mind, he's at the end with the Spurs & wants to be moved. Whether Pop made progress last night is unclear. ... He has a year left. He can make clear to teams, his preference is to be in LA with the Lakers. He can do what Paul George tried to do last year. OKC rolled the dice & made a lot of progress with Paul George & are very much in the mix to keep him. Will a team give up assets with the hope they can re-sign him? People will give up something, no question. Do Spurs want to buy some time & try to repair it? They did with Aldridge last summer but this is a different situation. At some point they'll have to probably start to engage teams & find a trade. Their hope is to repair this. It's not going great.

(Kawhi in relation to what LeBron does?) LeBron, especially with the Lakers, who else is coming or who else can they get? They can potentially bring in two this summer, one LeBron, the other he'd hope would be Paul George. He could say even if they can't execute a trade for Kawhi now, if he wants to be there in 2019, he could hope Leonard or another player comes next year. Lakers best chance is having another significant player be ready to walk in the door with him now. No question they're related. ... (Leonard)Some interest in the Clippers but he sees the Lakers as a better opportunity to win sooner.

(What if any conversation has LeBron and/or his people had with the Cavs?) His agent stays in steady contact with Koby Altman. LeBron isolates himself this time of year. He'll let his agent converse. They talk regularly. His agent also has other clients on the team. The Cavs are still in this though. They're still very much a consideration for him. People who have been quick to rule them out, there's a chance he stays there. It may be more of a lifestyle decision than basketball decision but regardless, all of these stars can do one year deals & revisit next year. He can continue to take it one year at a time. We'll see in July how this unfolds.

(Draft impact on his decision?) I don't think at #8 whoever they pick will have a great impact on his decision. They'll look at trades, moving back or possibly up.

Vivi likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

16. itsoktobealone

Let the salt consume you. It's ok my friend, this was long overdue :D

17. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Fanbase is full of bandwagons

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Nothing has happened

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

Kawhi (and not posts like this) are why you guys are the “most hated”? Ha

DonKnock likes this.
  20. itsoktobealone

But something will, sooner or later. And that's what scares you guys. Cause you know that once we start rolling we ain't stopping for a decade. So pray to all the Gods you know that it doesn't start. Cause when that happens, its over :D

rocketman84 likes this.