1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

cyberx, since I'm over this board a lot helping people understand that the CP3 injury wasn't bad luck as much as good luck that it didn't happen sooner...

... do you hear anything from insiders relative to injury thoughts? CP3 has been injured in almost every playoffs of the last 4 years. I think 3 out of 4 years. He's going to be 33. Last year was the most playoff games he's ever played and he predictably ended the season on the bench. He also played his second lowest regular season games of his career.

Do insiders really think it was just "bad luck" and next year he'll be completely healthy?
    Do Rockets insiders completely dismiss the Iggy injury (which, imo, was similarly less bad luck and just stuff happens and the GSW on the whole have been more lucky then less relative to playoff injuries)?

#1121 JayZ750, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Mazulis, alethios, whiskeyred and 4 others like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That can be the excuse, but the truth is the only hurdle to getting Lebron here truly is Lebron wanting to come here. If he sends word that he wants to be here we would be able to make it happen.

Nook likes this.
  4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I don't know y'all it may be time to move on.

The women, weed, and weather in LA seems to be rather enticing.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

But like i said yesterday, if that's the problem, why he didn't just play in the end of the season, or at least be on the bench with the team? If the only thing he wants is to get the max why he's acting like a cancer? Are we really assuming the Spurs are trying to low ball their franchise player? I really don't see this being real...they're crazy if that's true, they shouldn't even think about try to low ball him, cause if they lose him they're dead.

6. DCballer

DCballer Member

I agree. I don't think we need LBJ. We need a couple pieces, sure, but we don't need to tie up even more cap space on James. We need a backup for Paul, we need to clear the Anderson contract from our books, and replace with another shooter.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Page 55 in this thread, look for one of my posts, i quoted him there.

SS0101 likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ohhh they had the best regular season record!

What did that get them & what does that guarantee them? Nothing & nothing.

Kawhi is coming back, another superteam in the West is being formed but hey, got the best regular season record!

[​IMG]

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sir, I agree with you. And if I had to clear that hurdle, I'd pull a hammy, a groin muscle, and face-plant.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Rockets aren't desperate just like GS wasn't.

Let the process play out.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

SS0101 likes this.
  12. justtxyank

People miss just how special what we did this year was. The team REALLY nutted up for the Golden State series after Game 1. Played with everything they had, left everything on the court. Golden State will be better next year. We will be older. It's not realistic to expect this team to run it back and give that kind of effort again. You got more out of PJ Tucker than any team ever has in the playoffs.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Possibly. Paul George is not exactly the most trust worthy person on the planet (told Indy he was staying and then 3 days later wanted traded) and George has already gotten the Lakers in trouble through speaking to Shaw. It also could be the agent for George letting the Lakers know there will be no discounts for Paul George.... he wants the straight max.

clutchdabear, Vivi, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  14. 1Deep

1Deep Member

We haven't won a title in almost 25yrs.

If we're not desperate I sure as hell don't know why.

mario elie, motleydeflep6 and amaru like this.
  15. sammy

The Rockets will improve with or without Lebron. Morey knows that we can't expect to just replicate that type of success

But in a worst case, he said we will roll with what we have and the Rockets will be in contention for the first seed again next season.

clutchdabear and amaru like this.
  16. justtxyank

The telling thing to me is that after those stories got out he does that TMZ interview where he looked like Stormy Daniels trying to pretend she didn't know what was being asked of her with regards to the Trump affair. He's being a total douche about it, laughing, saying he loves LA, saying he'd love to play with Lebron, knows their record playing together on the All-Star team (lol wtf?) talks about their chemistry, acts like he doens't know what you mean when asked if he's made up his mind...

Come on. The Pacers traded him because they knew he was "hellbent" on going to the Lakers. The Lakers got the stink eye from the league for tampering so his agent has done some good leaking about how close George is to Westbrook.

Pete Chilcutt likes this.
  17. sammy

28-3 in the playoffs against other teams. Down 3-2 to us.

The sky isn't falling if Lebron doesn't choose Houston

18. amaru

amaru Member

Rocket fans are worried because we really need another playmaker and everyone gets a year older. Hopefully this version of the team hasn’t peaked already. Not to mention having another potential powerhouse in the conference sucks.

justtxyank likes this.
  19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Rockets improving the roster with high-quality depth would just be the going inflation rate. In addition to a new LeBron super team elsewhere, Boston will be adding Kyrie and Hayward, Philly will be another year seasoned, SA will be getting Kawhi back. Houston will still be a title contender, but not the clear favorite.

Rockets adding LeBron or George would yield a chance at a small 3-year dynasty. LeBron or George joining a team that is already caught up to GS would make them the clear favorite in my opinion.

DonKnock, amaru and justtxyank like this.
  20. 1Deep

1Deep Member

The sky isn't falling but there won't be any banners raising either.

justtxyank and amaru like this.