1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daily LeBron Odds Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coach E, Jun 5, 2018.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

bulkatron likes this.
  2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Could LeBron be joining the Thunder? Westbrook, PG13, Melo, and LeBron?

rocketman12 likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol no.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Also to throw another wrinkle here...

Woj reported last year that Paul had opted out. Then he didn’t when the trade worked out

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's more likely that Lebron will retire from the NBA and attempt a baseball career.

Cash Cam and DonKnock like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Who's the reporter that's gonna have the guts to ask Trump where he thinks Lebron is going in free agency? Come on... do it!

7. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I'm just asking because that article suggests the idea that the meeting will be centered on whether or not he'll opt in. It seems to me he would have more options (i.e. teams) by opting in and asking for sign/trade than he would if he opted out. If he opted out, he would be limiting himself to a handful of teams, and even less with enough to afford a second star.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Understood. The aggregation article (from a Cavs site) is conflating the potential of LeBron opting in to stay in Cleveland with opting in period. He could very well opt in to leverage a trade somewhere else, the same way CP did last year, but most NBA media types still seem to struggle with that concept.

Not your fault, just awkward wording on their part. If there's a meeting tomorrow or any time soon, the point of it, IMO, is as a courtesy to let Cleveland know how to proceed with the No. 8 pick. In other words, use it for the next generation, or offer it as a trade chip for immediate help if LeBron is open to staying?

Vivi, DonKnock, heypartner and 3 others like this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

CP3, Carmelo, and D-Wade.

Morey almost had CP3 and Carmelo. :D

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-lebron-james-friends-nba-20150331-story.html

DonKnock and Corrosion like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Lebron and Westbrook on the same team. Somebody's gonna die.

Nook likes this.
  11. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Yes.... Drama please for LA

12. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

I don’t think a player can actually “opt-out”. They have a deadline in which to officially “opt-in”. So he can say he is opting out, than opt-in later. CP3 did it that way.

heypartner likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's what I meant, If the deadline passes and he hasn't opted in, then it's over. If he simply says he's not going to opt in, that could be a smokescreen.

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Was this mentioned in this thread...copied from The Cat thread.

Don't know what should affect Vegas odds more: the Gary Payton/Bronny leak, or Chris Paul putting his LA mansion up for sell. Surprised this wasn't a separate thread.

lulz at Khloe being Paul's neighbor. Is that how Harden got started?

15. SS0101

SS0101 Member

If Paul George opts in...that would point to lebron having already told him he isn't going to LA. I don't think Paul George goes there alone.

Bobsputin likes this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It was. I made a thread about it

heypartner likes this.
  17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Except he tried to get a trade there instead of OKC, which makes total since. Who wants to go to OKC?

18. Nook

Nook Member

Not necessarily. The assumption being made is Paul George would drop everything to join LeBron James. That may not be the case. Paul George has had Westbrook in his ear for almost a year now. Further, LeBron James made it clear what he wants in teammates... smart IQ players that can pass the ball and that doesn’t really fit Paul George.

Simply stated, George and James are not necessarily joined at the hip.

19. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Then I am struggling to figure out who lebron is going to LA with...surely he doesn't go alone, right?

(I am talking as if he is "going to LA" in a hypothetical sense. Since that's what everyone seems to think is the best thing for him to do. And by everyone I mean the media, that maverick troll guy, and appache worrier).

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Commercials-Movies and Maverick Carter will influence LeBron towards Lakers. LeBron will give Houston
    a sit down out of respect for CP3.....but this is over.

(17/18) per game:
    Lonzo Ball: 10.2 pts..........6.9 rebs...........7.2 asts.........30.5% (3P%)
    Josh Hart: 7.9 pts.............4.2 rebs...........1.3 asts.........39.6% (3P%)
    Ingram....: 16.1 pts............5.3 rebs...........3.9 asts.........39% (3P%)
    Kuzma....: 16.1 pts.............6.3 rebs..........1.8 asts.........36.6% (3P%)

Kawhi Leonard good yr (16/17)
    .....Avg gm: 25.5 pts/gm......5.8 rebs..........3.5 asts.........38% (3P%)
    LeBron (17/18)
    ......avg gm: 27.5 pts/gm.......8.6 rebs.........9.1 asts.........36.7% (3P%)

So one can see the Lakers can deal more than Houston for a SnT for LeBron. Plus they have two lottery picks this draft.
    Lakers can do a deal for Kawhi in a SnT with Spurs. Spurs and Kawhi will talk soon about the matter.

(17/18) final games of season:
    L. Ball (last 27 games) : 11.6 pts........7.0 rebs..........7.4 asts..............34.5% (3P%)
    Hart (last 18 games): 14.1 pts...........7.3 rebs...........2.1 asts..............44% (3P%)
    Ingram (last 24 games): 16.4 pts.......5.3 rebs..........4.9 asts...............49% (3P%)
    Kuzma (last 26 games): 16.9 pts........7.3 rebs.........1.8 asts...............36.6% (3P%)

So not all final games of players not rounded off together, so give or take a couple pts/rebs/asts/3P%.......but still the full season
    totals for 1-2 yr players is pretty good. Lakers will try to keep one or two.....but will give in, in the end.

I mention all these kids because if someone says, “if LeBron wants to join the Rockets....we should trade
    any and all role players.” Well LeBron wants to join the Lakers. Kawhi wants to join the Lakers.

Spurs and Cavs would take these players. Inside track.....game over. Book it!!

#440 ApacheWarrior, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018