1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Akron Beacon Journal: “From LeBron’s own lips he doesn’t like Houston as a City”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. sabesque

sabesque Member

i feel that. The dude has his choice of 30 cities to live in. I'm here because of my family, my relationships and my career. And because of those three things I've fallen in love with the city. Without those things, if you're just thinking of a city as a place where you're resting your head at night - there are plenty of more beautiful, temperate places to do that.

mdoggnic and justtxyank like this.
  2. htown7829

htown7829 Member

If he really hates Houston that bad, then the Rockets would NOT be one of the teams he’s agreed to meet with. He wouldn’t waste his time.

legacygt777 likes this.
  3. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

The Chris Paul trade shocked a lot of people. NBA "insiders" were stunned with that deal. Nobody took that rumor seriously.

4. Nook

Nook Member

I don't remember him ever saying LeBron dislikes the city, only that he doesn't believe his style of play would meld well with Harden's.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I do think George to Houston is a possibility if LeBron goes somewhere that isn't LA or Houston (Philly? Boston?). Not a great chance by any means, but it's there. That said, if LeBron goes LA, you're right that he's off the board.

Vivi and justtxyank like this.
  6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

First rule of real estate: Location, location, location......

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wrong man. All of the reports were that he was going to meet with us and San Antonio. A lot of people thought San Antonio had the leg up and didn't get the fit here, but it was reported. The surprise part of was the trade because nobody had really thought about the opt-in and trade scenario. Our intention to pursue him though was public.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

that doesn't matter. you said morey never makes the obvious move. the obvious move and talk all last season was getting cp3. outside of that has nothing to do with it

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm resigned not to expect LeBron here in case he does go for the lifestyle thing (LA).

If we get LeBron, obviously I'd be ecstatic. What Rockets fan wouldn't be? Go all in. If not, let's say we could just get, say, a very solid backup point guard so we can keep CP3's minutes down. And upgrade the 4 somehow. We were so close anyway (uh, although we can't count on Iggy's absence next year, ahem).

everyday eddie and amaru like this.
  10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We're hoping that he doesn't officially meet with us. :cool:

11. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Not to mention Lebron wouldn’t live in houston anyways. He’ll live in the Woodlands or Sugarland.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

*sigh* I’ll be disappointed if that’s all we do this summer...Morey’s gotta get that Big 3

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Sorry, you are right. He said he didn't want to be in Houston but it was because of Harden's style of play, not about the city.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You can't be serious. LA is on the freaking San Andreas fault!

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know. Maybe I'm kidding myself, pretending to go the anti-Carmelo route, not wait all summer for something that doesn't happen. Then when it does happen I'm, you know, like, totally happy and stuff.

Reeko likes this.
  16. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Need to put Baltimore in big Hollywood letters on Mt. Doom.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I blame the mosquitoes on why LeBron would not want to come to Houston.

18. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

'It had nothing to do with who was in L.A., but more to do with who was in Houston,' Paul said.

Same thing with LeBron. Lebrons decision will be based on who's on the team. Rings are the difference between Jordan and himself.

everyday eddie likes this.
  19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The more GS and KD talk, the better.

KD says it's easy to be the best player on the team when you don't play with good players. Lebron to Houston!

20. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

What do the Sugarland Skeeters have to do with this?

[​IMG]