1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm about done with the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by what, May 29, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

another simple mind fooled. Klay..

as if they dont have 2 mvps and another all nba player also playing. oh wait....

Tfor3 and saleem like this.
  2. Yaaz y2k

Yaaz y2k Member

EXACTLY BUDDY THE FOUL ON KLAY WERE TO FOOL PEOPLE LIKE U ...AND I CAN SEE IT WORKED ...TRUST THESE FOOLS ARE TOO SMART BUT GOD IS EVEN SMARTER ........WE CAN CLEARLEY SEE THE FAKNESS

1. LEBRON BEATS GSW DOWN 3-1
    2.CP3 GETS INJURED LAST PLAY OF GAME 5 HAHAHAHAHAAHHA
    3. HARDEN DONT GET SAME CALLS IN 3RD QUATER OF GAME 7 THAT HE WAS GETTING ALL SEASON
    4 NOW GSW WILL HAVE MAJOR INJURY TO CURRY OR THOMPSON AND CAVS WILL WIN TITLE HAHAHAHA

**** NBA AND THE NEW ****INIG COMMISSIONER

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

And remember, even TNT - Reggie and C-Web - were calling out the blatant non-calls... until they just stopped as if someone told them to keep it quiet.

Tfor3, saleem, everyday eddie and 3 others like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'll still watch, but I won't spend a dime on the L.

5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

That's a fair analysis, I just don't blame the refs for us missing our shots..

It's like a prize fight, you can't go into a battle with the champ expecting a decision on the cards...you have to knock his ass out because the champion will generally get the benefit of the borderline calls.

To be king you have to ignore the calls, beat the other team and the referees...run their ass out of the gym and become the new favored champion!

That said, the refs sucked and certainly helped GS but didn't cost us the win. If we hit even 5 of those 27 threes, we are world champions!

#45 groovemachine, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Can we bring a class action suit against the NBA? Furthermore, can congress summon these crooks for a hearing?

dawesome and RHU525 like this.
  7. sergio

sergio Member

I’m right there with OP. Next season I will only be watching the conference finals if Rockets are in it. Life is too short to be losing sleep over regular season games. Season is way too long when we already know who is gonna be at the top during the preseason majority of the time.

Tfor3, gatsby, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are fooling yourself if you think refs wouldn't have stepped up and robbed us even more had we hit a couple of those shots....

plus you ve got to understand MOMENTUM man...

a couple of well placed incorrect calls can influence game more than a dozen of blatantly incorrect calls placed out of momentum gaining periods

Tfor3, Richie_Rich and DonKnock like this.
  9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Mostly in games with a couple of calls either way I always support this logic but it FAILS here in every possible way. When you know the game is rigged it is going to affect every aspect of play. The Rockets brushed off Game 6 because they had to keep it together for one more game and the NBA knew that. Two games back to back with the worst possible referees that played out exactly the same. If you believe we ever had a chance to win either of those games I have a bridge to sell you. Calls started in 2nd Q and then constantly in 3rd followed by some in 4th until not in doubt. You could see the look on the player's faces to know it was rigged. EGo in Game 6 had conversations with Harden when he missed the FTs and Harden laughed after the game when asked about it. EGo lost composure. Dude, everyone knows and of course it affected the shots getting fouled every time in the paint. The team had no rhythm or flow. Go watch the video posted here about Game 7. A 22 point swing is not a couple of shots. If you have to overcome that every time, the very least the bastards could do is put on the proper uniform and not hide it. The Rockets quit in Game 6 but not in Game 7. Last Monday night the Rockets won the championship, I saw it, you saw it, everybody here saw it. You can lie to yourself all you want but it has happened before and it can happen again. There is only one way to deal with this. I believe that is what management is trying to do now. I almost always share your sentiment but I have seen it happen too much and the NBA has a HORRIBLE history with this that did not start with Donaghy. Foster reffed Game 5 in 2005 and Brothers Game 3. We were 0-6 against Foster this year. If you believe that is coincidence, good luck. If you want to convince me the NBA is not rigged in the future, Foster, Brothers, and Mauer would never ref another game. Look for this to get worse instead with the gambling changes and the NBA wants their piece. Go read some of the stories on the high end gamblers about the NBA. They know.

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If any of the stadiums were partially publicly financed maybe

#50 DonKnock, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  11. hakeemthagreat

I agree with all of this. But the NFL is just as if not MORE corrupt than the NBA. Both CLEARLY have teams & players they push to win. Also I think most all the elite players are in on the corruption. It's all a show designed to create heroes & villans for the fans to watch

Tfor3 and RyanB like this.
  12. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am struggling with all this as well. Plus, I hate the mixture of sports and politics the NBA and the NFL have committed to. Both organizations have committed to the far left. I think this is a huge mistake that is going to cost them down the road. Check out the latest WNBA commercial. You think many pro-lifers are going to invest in the WNBA? Why not stay out of politics altogether and you won't offend either side. Once you commit to a position you offend half your fan base. Doesn't make sense to me.

Tfor3 and Jake Tower like this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You think @groovemachine is simple minded?

Geez mayne

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

daryl morey:

"We should have won tonight. I don't have much else to say."

15. Bringbacnellie

Bringbacnellie New Member

Valid points about why NFL for similar reasons is seeing a marked decline in viewership. Super teams come from unrestricted free agency. Not going away unless union and owners agree to allow teams who draft players or trade for them to keep them. Don't see that happening unless attendance goes down.

16. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

How about the rockets just play better next year and don't revert to time-wasting low percentage iso crap when their 3 pt shooting disappears, jeez. Get a better game plan at least. Or a better coach.

blazemore likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what happens when you hit the shot and it gets revoked? how can that be improved except by fair officiating?

Tfor3 and DonKnock like this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’d be done with the NBA too if my team were the Grizzlies

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You sound triggered snowflake.

Isn’t that how RWNJs say it?

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not by a f***ing longshot. See the Italian Serie A

Every sport has issues with refereeing/umpiring.

Again, not even close. Real Madrid just won the UEFA Champions League for the 3rd time in a row. In the Scottish Premier League, Celtic have won the title 7 years in a row and 48 in total. There's many many many more examples of domination in other sports around the world. Even here, have you heard of the New England Patriots? The Yankees of the 1990's and early 2000's?

This is just you being a sensitive little baby. Get over it. Why even focus on that?

You have to figure out how to stop watching all together? Do you only have an old black-and-white tv with the knobs and are too lazy to get up and change the channel? Every professional sport is an oligarchy. So either you don't actually know what that word means or you just don't pay attention.

hakeem94 likes this.