1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He was just saying his name to Thabeet.

"Pat Pat Pat Pat Pat Pat Pat Pat."

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Decent player IIRC. What would it take, minimum or an exception?

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Fair question IMO. I’ve wondered if an SnT could bring good asset + TE???

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LeBron+CP3+PG-13 = Lakers 'big three' .. still enough young guys there to make it work. Just feels like that would happen.

In such a drastic situation what could be the ROX consolation prize? Overspending on Capela? Sign every above average 3 point shooter?

7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Burt Steele, paging Burt Steele . . .

t0mdotcom and faraza84 like this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Would like to acquire Kuzma

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Just wanted to see if anyone can confirm this but for the Rockets to have a realistic shot to get LeBron (assuming he isn't going to sign here for the vet min or anything) it would have to be him opting into his deal and then being traded to the Rockets the same way Chris Paul was last year.

Wouldn't that mean he would have to opt-in before the July 1st date and the trade happening? Somehow given the way LeBron handled this stuff in the past I don't see that happening for him to make such a quick decision just 3 weeks after the finals end. It would take a lot of coordination as well from the Cavs and Rockets to do that so quickly.

If he does opt out wouldnt that basically eliminate the Rockets ability to sign him? They do not have the room and renouncing the cap holds they do have still would not be enough for them to be able to sign him (and i dont think they would do that)

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It’s not the only way but the other ways are extremely unlikely

faraza84 and don grahamleone like this.
  11. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

To add onto YoYo's question:

When do 2018-2019 contracts begin? Right when the Finals end or right when free agency begins?

Another question. Does the trade happen BEFORE or AFTER free agency? I know there are draft day trades that happen before free agency, but I don't understand the point of opting-in.

If the trade happens BEFORE free agency then why did CP3 need to opt-in? Couldn't he just have opted out and signed a 5-year deal?

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Morey be like: Surgical Summa with it

sammy likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

So I guess I'll bundle excitement over trades until July 2nd. On July 2nd I'll either know or be drinking away the slight depression.

Bobsputin and Mazulis like this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Burt Steele is deceased after getting rolled over by Gawdtato

topfive, Sean Dr34ms, Mazulis and 2 others like this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

thx for posting in the Dish thread his (Laker Film Room) direct response to TheBigLead tweet of the article. Placing it here for completeness.

Apparently, Cowherd picked up on it and mentioned it on his show, too, stirring rumors.

[​IMG]

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ben (The Cat I believe) gets into this specifically on one of his recent to latest podcast. Once the Cavs lose in 4 ot 5, Lebron will have 18 to 21 days to make a decision and can still opt in. He doesn’t need some bs free agency tour

17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

No because as a RFA Capela has to approve any trade and is a base year compensation player so only half his salary counts in trades. We need Capela. If we are going to do anything it needs to involve the Ryno contract to avoid a lateral move.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yet, with (virtually) no listeners this is the def of a non-story, yes?

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

You'll know on June 29th whether or not LeBron is coming here or not. The deadline for him to opt into his contract is the 29th. If that day passes without a commitment, the chances he becomes a Rocket are essentially zero.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Anyone with a realistic shot at lebron would be idiots NOT to put things "in motion from a marketing standpoint." Maybe this sounds silly and I'm being over dramatic, but a mega-star like lebron could boost an entire city's economy. Wouldn't you all consider the rockets 3 year season ticket promotion a look ahead to a possible big acquisition/acquisitions?