1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL will fine players and personnel who don't stand for national anthem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 23, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I understand, you are currently incapable of having this conversation due to your condition, because it'll always come down to your feelings towards the current occupant of the white house. Perhaps if a Democrat takes the office next....maybe even a Democrat that is some kind of minority, you'll see things differently and we'll be able to have this conversation, maybe not. It's entirely possible that you are just the kind of person who could never understand why you should show a basic level of respect to your country....I mean it took her husband being elected president for Michelle Obama to feel any kind of basic level of pride that would be worthy of respect when it comes to the country and I'm sure she's since reverted back to her previous stance on the issue.

It's not a big deal one way or the other honestly. The white house should simply not make those kinds of invites in the future because those people have shown that they don't deserve it. We can then all move on.

2. TheresTheDagger

No, I absolutely don't know that its true. You can believe me or not, but my experience is quite the opposite.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Okay.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It is pretty clear that you literally have no argument here, when all you can do is resort to assertions about me that contradict what I already stated my position to be.

This really isn’t that complicated. It’s up to every individual whether they want to be honored by a governmental office, yes even the “highest” office in the land. A patriot who really doesn’t care that much about receiving a presidential honor is no less a patriot, and he doesn’t owe it to anyone else to make the trip and accept that honor if he thinks he has better things to do with his time. Especially if the guy who is presenting the honor is a repugnant individual he has no interest in meeting.

edwardc and CometsWin like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You've already admitted to suffering from the condition, so it's not so much an assertion as it is a reminder of why you don't have a valid opinion on the subject.

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

It's a league built on truck and beer commercials. Who did you think was watching the game and buying the ticket?

mick fry likes this.
  7. mick fry

mick fry Member

The pussification of America continues.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Your brain damaged boy.

adoo likes this.
  9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watching clown shoes pretend patriotism makes me chuckle, when I remember he had this to say in defense of confederate traitors-
    lol.

10. durvasa

“You don’t like Trump, so your opinion is invalid!”

Trump would approve that message.

But it doesn’t excuse your foolish statement that declining a White House invite makes one a terrible person.

edwardc likes this.
  11. durvasa

“federal government means nothing to me” — same guy now throwing a hissy fit because some NFL players didn’t want to go the White House.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I love how jo mama (great poster by the way) keeps asking Bobby about his thoughts on Trump disparaging the gold star family and other things that contradicts his so-called patriotic image and Bobby never addresses them, lol. Keep fighting the good fight though, jo - I'm with you the whole way!

jo mama and edwardc like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bobby has lambasted the previous president for being devisive because he had the audacity to make comments in regards to unarmed black people being gunned down by law enforcement and "neighborhood watch".

This current baffon is obviously trying his hardest to throw red meat at his shitty base over symbolic gestures.

It is obvious Bobby doesn't genuinely hold these opinions he's spewing out of his *******.

#313 fchowd0311, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    adoo, Harrisment and edwardc like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's interesting that you think there is a contradiction there....then again I've never confused you for the best or brightest among us.

That's not what I said at all kiddo, hell I don't like Trump, you have a mental condition as a result of his presidency.....there's a pretty massive difference between the 2.

I've addressed that several times already, I'm not here defending anything Trump has done....there's many reasons why I didn't vote for him and would never vote for him. That's just a diversion tactic by those attempting to defend douchebags by pointing out that the president is a douchebag too....it's simply not relevant.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's actually very relevant whether Trump is a douchebag here because Trump's motive on placing this issue on blast is an important distinction on whether this outrage is faux and throwing red meat at a rabid base or whether Tunp really is this patriotic and has this much genuine love for our national anthem .

I find the latter highly unlikely and deep down inside, you know you do also .

edwardc likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Best comment I've seen all day is that Trump is showing enthusiasm and doing all he can to meet with a guy who fed his uncle to starving dogs, but he refuses a photo op with celebrities because they hurt his feelings.

I get that it's a lot more complex than that, I just found the whole comical.

I also find Fox News' enthusiasm to build on Trump's fake storyline quite comical and ironic. Fake News!

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I thought this was quite an eloquent and well written statement, by the way.

Edit: saw it was posted a while back. Deserves to be re posted.

#317 Two Sandwiches, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    NewRoxFan and edwardc like this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Bobby is a ****ing moron with intelligence that rivals a watermelon. Why people debate this loser still escapes me.

AleksandarN, CometsWin and edwardc like this.
  19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Funny players had no problem showing up for Bush. Maybe it is the president that is a douchebag not the players.

edwardc likes this.
  20. durvasa

This must be that you can’t handle that I said he is unfit to serve as a host for an NFL championship team, given his immense unpopularity with NFL players. Sorry that triggered you due to your apparent mental condition, but it’s the truth.

Trump doesn’t become respectable just because of the office he holds. Public officials should continue to work with him out of respect for his position, obviously. But private citizens who don’t want anything to do with him are not obligated to take a photo with him and pretend they are cool because of “tradition”. There is nothing sacred about this particular tradition.

Manny Ramirez likes this.